엘리베이터 (Elevator) Pt. 2

엘리베이터 (Elevator)

Everyone wanted it to be longer so I wrote some more...It's not really that good but I hope you enjoy it! (^_^)

 


It had been two weeks and Jungkook couldn’t stop thinking about Jimin. Yeah Jimin had been a complete mess when they’d met in the elevator but there was something endearing about him (and he wasn’t bad looking either). Jungkook had taken to riding the elevator everyday hoping he would run into Jimin again, but alas he hadn’t seen even a glimpse of his slightly round cheeks and soft looking brown hair. Jungkook cursed himself for not getting the cute boy’s number…or at least his last name.

 

“Jungkook!” The loud deep voice interrupted Jungkook’s thoughts. Jungkook looked up to see Taehyung hanging his head over the wall that divided their workspaces. Jungkook had met Taehyung through work, their cubicles were right next to each other after all, and had become fast friends…though sometimes Taehyung could be a bit too loud for Jungkook’s taste.

“What is it? I’m trying to work here” Jungkook lied fluently, even chucking in a ‘little annoyed and ready to give you a lecture’ tone.

“Pfft, yeah right, you might want to clean up your drool first” Everything about Taehyung was loud and his laugh was no exception; it bounced off the walls, filling the small office space.

“Shut up Taehyung, what do you want?” Jungkook just wanted the day to hurry up and end so he could spend the rest of the afternoon riding the elevator.

“You should come to my house after work, I’m having a few friends over, it’ll be fun”

Jungkook didn’t really want to but at the same time he knew missing one afternoon wouldn’t mean he’d miss Jimin, it’s been two weeks and he hadn’t run into him yet.

“Sure, why not?” Taehyung sat back down, disappearing behind the wall, and proceeding to loudly cheer and bounce of his office chair. Jungkook just rolled his eyes at his friend’s childish antics.

 

Jungkook had never been to Taehyung’s house before. He didn’t really know what he’d been expecting but it certainly wasn’t this. The house’s exterior was nice enough, cream and coffee being the colour scheme, but it was the inside that was the most surprising. Knowing Taehyung’s loud, colourful and, to be honest, sometimes just plain weird personality, one would assume his house would reflect this. But it didn’t, it didn’t at all. The house was very sophisticated looking, a minimalistic style that tied the whole house together nicely. Taehyung led Jungkook into the kitchen, a super fancy and expensive kitchen.

“Woah, Taehyung, if you were this rich, why are you even working at that dead end job?” If Jungkook didn’t have to work at the office, he certainly wouldn’t but he definitely needed the small amount of money he got to actually be able to live.

“I’m hardly rich, my parents are but I like earning my own money” Jungkook scoffed, he would gladly swap places with Taehyung.

 

Jungkook had been at Taehyung’s house for about 15 minutes when the doorbell rang, signifying the arrival of his other friend’s.

“Jungkook, these are my friends Seokjin and Namjoon; Seokjin and Namjoon, this is my friend from the office, Jungkook” Everyone shook hands and tried not to act awkward, which was damn near impossible considering Jungkook was just a naturally awkward person.

“Yoongi isn’t coming tonight, is he?” Namjoon’s comment made Taehyung look uneasy, and they all shared a look that made Jungkook feel completely out of the loop. 

“Definitely not, Jimin is” Jungkook, who had been left feeling a bit confused, instantly perked up at the mention of Jimin’s name.

“Did you just say Jimin? Is he short, with dark hair, cute eyes, and is just absolutely downright attractive?” Everyone’s eyes looked to Jungkook and Taehyung smirked. Jungkook felt his cheeks heat up as the doorbell rang. He had never felt so embarrassed in his life; he hadn’t really meant to say that much but his excitement caused him to blurt it out.

“I guess you’ll see for yourself”

Jungkook shuffled quickly after Taehyung as he went to open the door. The door swung open and there he was. The one that had been on Jungkook’s mind since that night, keeping him awake, unable to focus on anything else. Jimin. His Jimin. Well soon-to-be his Jimin. All the time that Jungkook had spent thinking about Jimin only made his interest for the other grow, making Jungkook fall for him further and further. It seemed silly considering he had only spent a total of 4 hours with Jimin but Jungkook was certain that he already really really liked him, like a lot.

When Jimin caught Jungkook’s eye, a red flush started to cover Jimin’s face in the most adorable way.

“Oh Jungkook, y-you’re here?”

Jungkook was absolutely speechless; he truly couldn’t believe he was running into Jimin here of all places.

“I need to get back to my other guests” Taehyung wasn’t subtle, at all. Jungkook and Jimin were left alone, both shyly eyeing each other. 

“I really wasn’t expecting to see you here…or ever again” The last part was said in shy embarrassment, Jimin wasn’t meeting Jungkook’s eyes. Shy Jimin was the absolute cutest thing Jungkook had ever seen and he almost melted into a puddle all over Taehyung’s clean white tiles.

“I’m hurt, really” Jungkook acted mock wounded; loving the cute reactions Jimin was giving.

“No, it isn’t that…it’s just, I’m really super embarrassed, I didn’t exactly leave the greatest of first impressions” Jimin’s blush was starting to dissipate, though he still couldn’t make eye contact.

“You left enough of an impression that I couldn’t stop thinking about you” Jungkook didn’t know where this confidence came from, he was never normally so straight forward but he knew he couldn’t let Jimin slip by again.

“R-really? I guess you were kinda on my mind occasionally too” Jungkook’s heart fluttered, oh he’s already in too deep.

“Let’s go for coffee” Jungkook wanted to spend time with Jimin, just Jimin.

“Now?” Jimin’s eyes looked towards the room where Taehyung’s laugh could be heard quite loud and clear, looking a bit unsure about just leaving his friend after just arriving.

“Yeah, I’m sure Taehyung won’t miss us”

 

Jungkook was sure that Jimin had ordered his coffee with extra foam just to torture him. The foam keep sticking to his upper lip with every sip and Jungkook just wanted to wipe it off…with his lips, or tongue, either one would do.

“So what were you crying about that night anyway?” Jungkook desperately needed to focus on something other than Jimin’s lips.

“Oh, that…I was drunk and thinking about my ex, Yoongi…he-he cheated on me about 6 months ago…we’d been together 5 years” Jimin screwed up his nose, cringing at the memory. The name sounded familiar to Jungkook, he wasn’t sure where he had heard it before until he remembered that Namjoon had mentioned it earlier.

“What a ing douchebag” It angered Jungkook to imagine anyone doing anything to hurt this precious angel sitting in front of him. Jimin murmured an agreement and blew gently on his coffee before taking another sip. Once again foam was smearing on his upper lip but this time Jungkook couldn’t hold back. He took Jimin’s face in his slightly shaking hands, leaning so close that the small movement made by Jungkook swallowing caused their lips to brush against each other. Jimin looked surprised but made no move to push Jungkook away. There was an intense moment of silence as they breathed against each other’s mouths in anticipation. Jungkook felt a small moment of hesitation before he pressed his lips to Jimin’s. He reached up, running his hands through Jimin’s locks (he was right, it was very soft). It was a sweet kiss, a soft kiss that Jungkook never wanted to end…but unfortunately it had to end some time. They pulled away from each other, both breathless and Jimin flustered.

“That was…really, um…I liked it, a lot” Jimin’s tongue kept twisting his words around but Jungkook understood. “This means we’re dating, right?” Jimin was so cute; he was like a high schooler in his first relationship, so unsure about everything.

Jungkook leaned forward and caught Jimin in another kiss.

“Does that answer your question?”