Broken Relationships Ain't The End

UnFaithful

Hello to you all^^ I hope you enjoy this little one shot. Even though it's written from Junsu's POV most of the time the focus isn't exactly on him. But you'll realise that yourself when reading it. After all, I don't want to give everything away from the beginning. :P So, have fun and leave comments if you like. ;)

___________________________________

Junsu always looked forward to meeting new people. So he wasn't scared like others when a new school year started and he had to go to another school. He'd been more than happy because it meant he could see his best friend more often. Which he did. The first days went by in a flush and all Junsu remembered where the people Hyukjae introduced him to and how they welcomed him warmly. It was obvious to them he was supposed to sit at their table since he was close to Eunhyuk, as they called Hyukjae. It was nice and Junsu laughed more than he ever did before. He learned to protect his food from Changmin who used every chance he could get to snatch bits of the others' meal when they weren't paying attention and to avoid any strength competitions with a bulky guy called Kangin. That boy was inhumanly strong. There was also Jaejoong Junsu first mistook for a pretty girl who liked to look tomboyish. But as he saw him in the cabins and the restroom the misunderstandings vanished. They rarely spoke with other. They had no mutual interests. Another occupant of their table was a all boy with the name Yunho who gave off a friendly vibe and Junsu found it strangely assuring when he felt the boy's presence. It took Junsu not long to realise Yunho and Jaejoong were a couple – they were always plastered together on lunch time. Everyone seemed used to it and their turtle-dove acts, which came up here and there. Junsu's biggest interest was Yoochun. The boy knew no end when it came to greasiness and Junsu shuddered at some lines the other throw at them. But it made him laugh and he liked to be around Yoochun. Changmin teased the boy about his wide forehead and the missing smartness behind it. Yoochun wasn't the best in classes but he had a talent in music which Junsu found fascinating. He even managed to make Yoochun let him listen to some of his compositions. They were beautiful.

The weeks went by. Junsu was occupied with classes and soccer practice in which, to his surprise, Yoochun and Yunho were playing. Sport connected them and he learned more about his teammates and lunch partners. At some point he called them his friends. He noticed Yunho lead the team from the shadows, though they had another captain. Still, the players seemed to follow the tall boy's ideas and suggestions without murmuring. Junsu half expected a conflict between his friend and the actual captain but even that guy seemed glad about giving someone else the responsibility for the team. Beside his leader-like appearance Junsu was drawn to Yunho's nice personality. He listened to everyone and had the patience of a saint. And he was ambient. Whatever task he'd carried out he put in hundred percent. But Junsu noticed when Jaejoong came to watch one of their matches, mostly with Kangin, he would put a little bit extra effort in his play. It was kind of cute.

And then there was Yoochun. He himself had no clue why he was drawn to the slightly older male. Was it his easy and friendly nature? His occasional deep thinking? His passion for music? Or just the fact he had the widest forehead Junsu'd ever seen? Whatever it was Junsu took it as it was and enjoyed the boy's company. You shouldn't question things that made you happy.


Junsu was pissed off.

Okay, maybe he exaggerated but that girl with brown curls standing at their table laughing out loud - too loud for Junsu's poor ears - and coming a little too close to Yunho annoyed the hell out of him. Doesn't she know he's already taken? Or does she not care? He shook his head about this particular female. Her behaviour was awkward to watch and definitely won't change the man's mind she's trying to court. She leaned in a bit closer to made sure the other had a good view of her décolleté. How could someone be so shameless? It was in both her and Yunho's mutual interest if she stopped. Should he say something? Would it help?

Beside him Changmin moved. His expression was anything but pleased. Normally, the younger didn't care a bit about what's going on at lunch time. The food on the tablet occupied his whole attention. Or so it seemed. Despite his unwavering concentration towards eating he somehow managed to be informed about his surroundings. Junsu concluded that it was admirable.

He himself found it hard to concentrate on one task and parallel to that not to forget the places and people around him. And if he tried to take in everything he lost focus on the thing he was currently doing. It was frustrating.

Changmin moved again. It was a clear sign the disturbance was too great to enjoy his lunch any further. Junsu expected him to say something to that annoyance in form of the brunette and was anticipating the girl's reaction when someone beat Changmin to it.

“Would you be so kind as to move?” a smooth voice reached their ears. “You're blocking my way.”

The girl looked a bit offended but moved, using it as a chance to get even closer to Yunho who's expression had turned from neutral into a happy smile when he heard the newcomer. Hyukjae stifled a laugh when the brunette tried to touch Yunho's arm and was stopped by another hand. “I'm not sure if you're deaf but I'm sure I said that you're in my way.”

This time the owner of that voice appeared in Junsu's vision. “I suggest you go back to your friends. As you can see Yunho's not interested,” Jaejoong said more briskly, his eyes examining the girl from head to toe, eyebrows raised high and a look on his face that challenged any diva. Heechul would feel challenged. He then moved to slide into Yunho's lap, the other's arms automatically circling around his waist and pressing him closer. He turned to the soccer player and whispered something in his ears that made Yunho chuckle. “Do what you want, babe,” he said. Jaejoong smirked and stared at the girl who was still standing at their table. Everyone could tell she was fuming.

“You know,” the raven haired said and let his fingers travel over Yunho's upper body. The shirt accentuated his well-built chest and broad shoulders. “If you want to catch Yunho's interest you should learn the art of seduction properly.”

Junsu could feel Changmin shake with suppressed laughter. His own lips twitched. It was funny, especially the gaping brunette. Leave it to the raven beauty to bring shame on everyone who tried to take Yunho.

Junsu expected the girl to throw a tantrum. Instead, she smirked. She gave Jaejoong a look as if he was a dirty stray. “I guess a cheat like you knows it best, aren't you?”

Now even the rest of their table stopped what they were doing. Junsu saw Hyukjae scowl at her and Donghae frown. Kangin seemed torn between getting up and staying where he was. Yoochun watched the situation expressionless. In his eyes was something that wasn't sitting right with Junsu. He had to find out what it was.

“Doesn't that just prove that I'm more desirable for Yunho than you'll ever be? Despite me being a cheat?” Jaejoong shot back, not affected in a bit by her words. Junsu, who had reached for his drink, stopped mid-way, staring at the older in disbelieve. He thought the boy would defend himself. Never did he imagine he would admit it.

So the rumours were true...

The brunette was at a loss of words. In the end she decided to stay silent. She glared at Jaejoong. After a short pause she threw her well made hair back and with her head held high she marched back to her friends.

“That was intense” Kangin commented on the girl's departure with a raised eyebrow, irony stressing the last word. A grin played on his lips. “That chick shouldn't mess with you.”

Jaejoong smiled at the muscular boy and leaned back. Yunho placed his chin on the boy's left shoulder. His eyes were closed but Junsu was sure he weren't sleeping.

“It was low of her to use the cheating card,” Changmin scowled. He was back to eating his food but the blissfulness from before wasn't the same. “It won't bring her any favour.”

“Low or not, it's the truth.” It was the first time Yoochun spoke. Everyone stayed silent. Changmin's eyes connected with Jaejoong who looked away and then to Yoochun who was the only one undisturbed by his own sentence. “Can someone give me ketchup? Thanks.”

Eunhyuk huffed. “You're really good in killing the atmosphere, Yoochun.” He glanced over to the table where the brunette girl was sitting. “I don't think it's over. She seems pretty interested in our shadow-leader. And if I know one thing girls get persistent when they want something.”

“You're saying she has a chance?” Jaejoong butted in, a raised eyebrow. “That girl?” His tone indicated what he thought about their earlier visitor.

Eunhyuk shrugged. “Why not? She may can't win in beauty but her personality could be more interesting than yours,” he grinned. “You should be prepared.”

Changmin snorted. “There are people that are crazier than Jae hyung but this chic is definitely none of them. So you shouldn't worry, hyung. She has no chance.”

Junsu saw Yunho's lips tug while he pretended to sleep. What he tried to do with his act wasn't visible for Junsu. “Well, how about I compete against you?” Eunhyuk said jokingly. “If I remember you were blond when you caught Yunho's interest. And out of coincidence I am blond now, too.”

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes. “Try me.” His voice was calm, lazy. He had cocked his head to the side and an unreadable glint appeared in his eyes. One side of his shirt slid to the side and revealed more skin than it should. Eunhyuk could dance the iest moves and wear the most seducing clothes and wouldn't be able to win over the raven beauty, Junsu concluded. Jaejoong was naturally alluring.

Yunho opened his eyes halfway. “You're not my style, Hyuk,” he said amused. “Forget it. It's forlorn hope. Besides,” his hands slid down the raven's side, “blond hair isn't my weak point. Even though I miss it,” he added, lips pressed on Jaejoong's shoulder. Around said boy's mouth played a grin. “Way to go, Yunho ah. And I keep in mind you showed no objection when Changmin called me crazy.”

“You know I can't lie, babe,” Yunho answered and the whole table broke out in laughter. Jaejoong pouted. “You could at least try. It's not that hard.”

With time Junsu learnt the older boy was an expert in telling lies. He once asked the others if they never question Jaejoong's words. They just shrugged their shoulders and answered it didn't matter if they do or not. In the end it comes as the raven wished. Lie or truth made no difference when it came to Jaejoong.

“Don't corrupt Yunho,” Kangin said. “It's relieving to know there's still one in the world who always tells the truth.”

“Though the truths hurts, lies disappoint more,” Donghae interjected. Everyone stared at him. “What?”

“It's the first time I hear you say something intelligent,” Eunhyuk said astonished.

“There's still hope for him,” Changmin added. “I almost gave up on our fish lover. Oh, speaking of fish. I ate yummy codfish yesterday. Delicious. I would recommend it to everyone. ”

Donghae glared at him. “Don't be mean,” Junsu said. “We, too, make no fun of your fear of ghosts.”

“Shut up, duck ,” the tall boy replied and munched on his food. “It's reasonable to fear ghosts. If you aren't prepared you could die of a heart attack.”

“I don't have a duck ! And don't be dramatic. The drama queen image doesn't fit you.”

“And your tricot doesn't fit your big ,” came the counter. Before Junsu could give him another piece of his mind Yoochun butted in. “How about we go play soccer, Junsu? I overheard your talk with another guy about a new trick you learned. Can you show it to me?”

All of a sudden Junsu was all smiles, his argument with Changmin long forgotten. “Of course. Now? I think we have enough time. And I can show you some other feints that could help you against our opponent. That could help us win.“ His eyes sparkled. “And we can play one-against-one and-” Changmin muffled the rest of his words by clapping his hand on the exciting boy's mouth. The others chuckled. “Can you shut up?” the tall boy groaned. “Lunch time is almost over. If you wanna do all of those things you planned do it tomorrow. There isn't enough time.”

Junsu pushed him away. “Show me some respect, I'm older!” he demanded. As usual his complain hit deaf ears. Upset he turned to Yoochun. “We have enough time, don't we?” he asked, eyes big with hope. The other boy couldn't help but nod. “If we go now, yes.”

That was it. Junsu jumped off his seat, grabbed Yoochun and dragged him in full speed outside, a high-pitch squeal following them. The people left on the table stared speechless after those two. “What the hell was that?” Kangin asked and rubbed his ears.

“Dolphin?” Donghae suggested. Loud agreement followed.

“Believe me, it gets worse when you have to watch a match on TV,” Eunhyuk sighed. “You need earplugs to protect your hearing or you turn deaf. And even that won't help cause he'll jump around the room, screaming his happiness about a goal out loud and the squeals get higher and higher. I'm astonished someone can produce such high tones. Must be because of his singing.”

“Junsu sings?”

Eunhyuk nodded. “He does. And pretty good. He has the voice of an angel. Don't let him hear it. Or else I won't hear the end of it.”

“Your subject-servant relationship is so romantic,” Changmin commented dryly. “There needs to be added some spice.”

Eunhyuk groaned and threw his left-overs at the tall boy. “Don't you dare. Or I ask Jaejoong to make your food spicy.”

Changmin blinked and then turned to said boy with caution. “You wouldn't, hyung, would you?” he asked, real fear in his voice. The others laughed. Jaejoong smirked. “Give me a good reason why I shouldn't, my lovely dongsaeng.”

“You're bad, Jae,” Yunho hummed amused and pecked the boy's cheek. “I can help.”

Changmin's eyes widened in horror. “I take it back,” he said it hastily. “I won't do anything to you, Eunhyuk.”

The blond grinned and clapped his hands. “I love to use your weakness against you, Min,” he piped and stood up. “I go get Junsu and Yoochun. Else, I fear, they won't come to class on time. Not when Junsu in in his soccer-mode.”

His friends waved him good-bye and left also one after another.


Junsu was in a happy mood as he walked to school. The days have been fun. He enjoyed his additional practices with Yoochun. They joked and laughed together, taught each other new methods and met outside of school. It was great. Not even the teachers could dampen his mood with their tests and complains how lazy he was. Well, if they would only understand that soccer was more important to him than algorithm or some boring interpretations about Goethe's Faust, then there would be no problem between them.

His good month lasted till evening. He was on the way to music class when he walked on Yoochun and Jaejoong having a conversation. Judging from their expression it was a rather serious one. He Junsu also noticed the tension around them. He shrugged his shoulders. It wasn't his business, so wanted to continue his path when the next words stopped him.

“I'm sorry,” Jaejoong apologized. Yoochun waved it off. “I told you to forget it. As long as you're happy with whomever I don't care.”

That peaked Junsu's curiosity. What were they talking about?

Jaejoong bit his lower lip. “You're too nice, Chun...”

Junsu saw Yoochun flinch. Because of the words or the nickname he couldn't tell. “No nicknames, remember?”

The raven rubbed his forehead. “Oops, I forgot. You're still too nice, Yoochun.”

“Only because you want it,” the other smiled. That made Jaejoong frown. “You make it sound like I force you to keep talking with me.”

Yoochun shook his head. “You should know better, Jaejoong. Once someone is smitten he can't escape. And you master that skill perfectly. Right, Yunho?”

Called person stepped out of the shadows and joined those two. Junsu was shocked. He hadn't noticed his teammate. Did he know he was listening? “Using me as an object for you research, Yoochun?” he asked teasingly. His right arms slipped around Jaejoong's waist.

The boy with the wide forehead smirked. “You're the best example.”

“Well, that I can't deny,” Yunho admitted, his eyes wandering to the boy on his side who seemed lost in thoughts. “You don't need to sit on the same table as us,” he said finally.

Yoochun groaned and ran a hand through his hair. “Seriously, sometimes you drive me crazy, Jaejoong. I have forgiven you. End. I'm over it. If I weren't I couldn't stand seeing you with Yunho. It really irritates me when you're in those self-torturing moods. I'm glad I'm not the one anymore who has to deal with it,” he joked. At that point realisation hit Junsu. It was Yoochun Jaejoong cheated on and he thought it had to be a joke. He knew no ex lovers who sat on the same table and talked civilised with each other.

Yunho's gaze swept to Junsu. The boy froze and wasn't able to look away. So he knew. Why didn't he say anything? It seemed his teammate knew what he thought about. With a motion of his hand he indicated to follow him later. They had a free period anyway. So Junsu stayed where he was. Class was almost over anyway.

He found Yunho in the main corridor. He wasn't alone. Jaejoong stood at his side, face impassive. He could pass as a doll the way he stood there unmoving. Junsu wondered what made him look that way when he discovered another figure in front of the two.

The brunette from day ago.

So Hyukjae was right. Who'd have thought.

Junsu frowned. What was going on? He stepped closer and caught pieces of the conversation or rather, her talking and the boys listening.

“How can you commit yourself to him?“ She made a vague gesture in Jaejoong's direction. “He's a disgrace. He doesn't fit someone like you, Yunho. You deserve someone faithful and warm-hearted. Someone who cares for you. The complete opposite of that boy. I bet he already has someone else on the side who's waiting for his turn. Believe me, he gets tired of you sooner or later and dumps you like everyone else. And think of your image. He ruins the popularity you have gained.”

Junsu noticed she never directed the word towards Jaejoong. She treated him like air. Yunho on the other hand was silent. If not for the twitching hands he could pass as a statue.

The girl continued her rant. “Break up with him, the sooner the better. Or else he'll hurt you. And don't think he'll care. I know people like him. They're the worst of the worst. They're scum.”

That was too much.

Junsu may agreed on a few things she said but insults were not part of it.

Yunho seemed to have the same thoughts. He grabbed her with one arm and pressed the shocked brunette against the lockers. His other hand was balled to a fist. “Listen to me, girl,” he growled, fury displayed on his every feature. It was intimidating even from a far distance.“Try insulting Jaejoong in front of me again and I won't show any mercy, understood?” She could only squeak. “I don't give a about others. I do what I think is best. So stop trying to ruin my relationship. And if I catch you spraying rumours or anything that could affect Jaejoong I make sure you regret it for the rest of your life. Do I make myself clear?”

The poor girl was trembling bad. She nodded and ran away as soon as Yunho had let her go. She was so out of it she didn't notice Junsu who had to jump to the side to avoid a collision. For that he came into the boys' vision.

“Junsu?” Jaejoong sounded surprised. He hadn't expected a bystander. Junsu, too, was bewildered. But more over the fact the other knew his name. It sounded strange, for they were seated on the same table at lunch break. Yet, they've never talked to each other. Having the same friends didn't mean friendship blossomed between everyone.

“You heard?” Yunho asked. He had schooled his expression back into a friendly one.

Embarrassment heated Junsu's cheeks. What was he to do? He was caught red handed. “I haven't meant to,” he uttered, eyes downcast. Seconds later someone patted his head. He looked up to see his tall football teammate grinning at him. “Ain't you a cutie?” Junsu flushed even more. “It's okay. It's my fault. I said to come meet me. The timing was a little bit off.”

“What, first that . Now you're having an affair with Junsu?” Jaejoong said playfully, tongue stuck out. Junsu felt uncomfortable. He wasn't keen on witnessing an argument between the couple. He had the feeling when those two argue it was intense. They had strong characters.

Yunho frowned. “I'm not that kind of guy,” he answered coolly. The other rolled his eyes. “I was joking, babe. You take my words too seriously.”

“If I don't you would be upset.” Yunho reached for Jaejoong and pulled him close. His voice was quiet but Junsu could still hear him and wished he hadn't. What those two did when they were out of school clearly wasn't on his To-do-list. “Even though your naughtiness seems to grow whenever your mood is low.”

Jaejoong his lips. “Hm, I guess. The great thing is you're more than willingly to make me feel good again.”

“Well, the reward pays for the debt.”

Yunho closed the distance between them and pressed the smaller against the lockers. Junsu then decided to leave them alone. Yunho seemed to have forgotten he wanted to talk with him. It could wait. Without disturbing those two who were way too engrossed in each other to notice something else he went outside and sat on one of the benches splattered around the school yard. A few metres away Kangin and Changmin had some kind of wrestling match in the sand which the bulkier Kangin won. The outcome had been obvious. Changmin was pouting and had to pay the other lunch for tomorrow. Junsu shook his head. His own fault. He should have known better considering he called himself smart.

“You okay?”

He looked up to find Yoochun standing beside him, a questioned look on his face. Junsu blinked a few times, for the sun shone in his face. “Yeah, why?”

“You look like you had to carry the whole world on your shoulders,” Yoochun replied and took a seat. “Did something happen?”

Junsu shook his head. “Not yet.”

Yoochun raised an eyebrow but let it go. “Wanna see a soccer match together this Saturday?” he switched the topic. “I have cards.” He waved them in front of his face. “Oh my god, are you for real?” Junsu squealed, eyes rivalling the bright sun on the sky. “And I can come? With you?”

Yoochun laughed. “That's what I asked, stupid.” The next moment he had an armful of a excited Junsu on him. “Thank you, thank you. I owe you,” said boy said. Yoochun had to smile at the childish happiness. It was rare to see someone that innocent at their age. It was refreshing. “So I can take it as a yes?”

“Yes, yes, yes.” Junsu jumped up and down. “Oh, I can't wait. It's so exciting.”

Sitting on the grass Kangin and Changmin exchanged glances. ”You heard?”

Changmin nodded. “Yoochun will regret his invitation. I what Eunhyuk said is true we may have to admit him in a mental institution.” A evil glim flashed in his eyes. “I can't wait to see his face on Monday. It must be hilarious.”

Kangin shook his head. “Won't you show some pity here?”

The tall boy raised an eyebrow. “You asking me that?”

The more muscular one sighed. “Wrong person. How could I forget. Now let's go. Lunch time is almost over. And I had promised Jaejoong to help him with some project.”

Changmin snickered. “Have fun. You'll regret it, too.” And with that he left, followed by a confused Kangin and a chattering Junsu and Yoochun. A normal situation on unusual days.


 

They were on the rooftop. Wind swirled around them. Between the two boys standing at the railing was a big distance. Both stared out in the sky and let the air play with their hair.

“I wanted him to let me go,” Jaejoong revealed, face not giving anything away.

Junsu was confused. Again. It seemed to become a daily situation. “What do you mean?”

“I didn't do him good. Our relationship was based on what I wanted. I never listened to Yoochun's needs. And because I at ending relationships I searched for a way to make it easier for me.”

“You used Yunho as a means to an end,” Junsu concluded. He couldn't hide the accusation in his voice. Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders. “I did. Yunho knew. He was okay with it. Actually, he didn't care as long as Yoochun didn't get hurt too much. I knew he was interested in me, so I grabbed the chance. And what I want, I get.”

“That's selfish!” Junsu couldn't help but shout.

“Isn't it?” Jaejoong looked almost rueful. “You have to know and this is something I told no one before.”

“Not even Yoochun or Yunho?”

Jaejoong let his gaze roam over the school buildings in which their friends were sitting. “Especially not them.” There was something in his eyes that made Junsu shiver. He had the feeling if, whatever the other would tell him, goes into public there was nothing that could protect him the pretty boy. Jaejoong leaned against the railing, head resting in his right hand and turned towards Junsu. “I guess it won't be surprising if I tell you Yunho wasn't the first one I used to destroy Yoochun's and my relationship.” Junsu gaped at him. Was he serious? He must be joking! That was too much. He wanted to feel angry. He wanted to say he was sickened by the boy with those doe eyes that gave him an innocent aura. A innocence long buried. Yet he wasn't able to call those emotions. It was strange and irritating. He couldn't change it. “Yoochun and I were six months into our relationship when Yunho came into the picture,” Jaejoong continued as if he hadn't told something unbelievable impudent. “The person isn't any longer at our school. It's a girl, by the way.”

Now, that was something unexpected. But, Junsu thought, the raven liked to play both side, so it wasn't that unexpected. What made him wonder was the fact nobody knew about it. Why did the girl stay quiet? Jaejoong answered his thoughts with his next words. “She moved to another town. That's why there are no rumours. I can say I was kinda lucky. Do you wanna know which relative she was?” He stared at Junsu challengly. And Junsu who hated to lose nodded. “Kangin's.”

“No way.”

“Wouldn't have guessed, huh? Most of the time Kangin is pretty simple-minded. And he hasn't much contact with his relatives. His family is a little bit complicated.” Jaejoong draw invisible patterns in the air. “Him an I, at that time, weren't on good terms. So I thought it a good payback and escape of my relationship. Kill two birds with one stone. But then, we started to get along again, so I broke the contact with her. The timing was perfect cause she had to move two weeks later. And during that time I did everything she asked to make her shut up.”

“And then Yunho came,” Junsu finished ineloquently. Jaejoong hummed and held his head in the breeze.

“Did you even care about him?” Junsu asked enraged.

Jaejoong shot him a glare. “You can think about me what you want. Call me a , a cheat, whatever those ty rumours say about me.” Junsu flinched at the way Jaejoong spit those words out. And “I don't give a flying about them.” The other believed that. The raven haired boy didn't look like someone who was beaten easily. The pretty face and small waist belied the fierce and strong character. “I care for Yoochun. Look at disbelievingly at me as you want. Yeah, yeah. How can he say something like that when he cheated. With two people even. What a hypocrite. I bet you're thinking exactly that.“ Junsu wondered how the boy knew. Could he read minds?

“You're really innocent,” Jaejoong scoffed. He was still angry. “I had the conversation before. With Changmin. With the difference he didn't give a about rumours and wasn't concerned about Yoochun. He just wanted to make sure I won't drag Yunho in something stupid. Him being his cousin and having to play the consoler or something like that.” Jaejoong stooped and pinned Junsu with a cold glare on the spot. “I know you like Yoochun. More than the others. I don't care how deep your affections run. It has nothing to do with me. Not anymore. But in letting those rumours regarding our broken relationship affect your judgement you disregard Yoochun.”

“What?” Junsu was perplexed. The attack was totally unexpected. And he felt offended. He would never do something to disregard Yoochun.

“Have you ever taken a closer look at what people say about me and Yoochun? Bet not. Why should you. The sides are clear. I'm the culprit, Yoochun the victim. Ever thought he doesn't want to feel like one? Nobody wants to be pitied. Hm, . That's what those stupid rumours do! People looking at me in disgust is more bearable than people who turn relenting to Yoochun after hearing the story from others, especially when there's a adding like 'he was left for a hotter guy'. That's what hurts.”

Junsu listened quietly to the other's outburst. “How do you know that's what Yoochun feels and thinks?”

Jaejoong took his time to answer. It seemed after the rant he'd calmed down. “It's not easy to read him, I admit that. But I know one thing for sure. Yoochun hates to be pitied. And in this school he can't escape the pity. I'd wondered why he didn't switch schools. Do you know why he stays?”

It didn't took Junsu long to answer. “'I rather go to hell than live in shame for running away',” he recited. It was one of the sentence stuck in his head. Spoken on the field when Yoochun's asthma had kicked in and the trainer wanted to switch him out. In the end he played in the whole match and bear the suffocation after. Junsu remembered how Yunho had scolded his teammate over his recklessness but Junsu saw the glint of pride in his eyes. And if the the grin on Yoochun's face during the lecture had been anything to go by he saw it, too.

“You aren't as stupid as you seem.” Junsu decided to let it go. He had no strength to fight with Jaejoong. It would had led to nothing. The other smirked at Junsu and patted him on the shoulder. “For you it's probably hard to understand. But we three are okay how everything turned out.” He turned to leave but Junsu stopped him.

“Does Yoochun know what you told me?”

The raven smiled at him. “Not everything. The girl is your and my secret, okay? But my reasons? Yes, I told him when he discovered my affair with Yunho. I owed him at least that. And he deserved to hear the truth. See you in class.” He waved and vanished through the door. Junsu leaned against the railing and stared down at the school yard. Everyone looked like ants. Small and vulnerable. They could be crushed so easily.

And he wasn't satisfied with the informations he'd gotten. He knew about the past, but what about the present? There were so many questions swirling in his head Junsu wondered why the hell he even bothered to look in this abstruse web of betrayal, friendship, solidarity and love. And even though he played ignorant Junsu knew it was because of one person. One person he, like Jaejoong said, liked more than everyone else. “You do things out of the strangest motivations,” he mumbled and left the roof. Strangest motivations, indeed

 

 “Do you trust Yunho?”

Jaejoong turned half-around, surprise visible on his face. Junsu was shocked about his own question, too. Why did he ask that? Was he nuts? He didn't even knew the other. They talked here and there, yes, but mostly with others around. Aside the rooftop talk but that didn't help their relationship. It only had made it awkward.

Jaejoong grinned. “I do.” He said it so confident Junsu had no doubt about its truth.

“And does he trust you?” He couldn't help himself but ask. Somehow, he was curious about that strange relationship between them. He couldn't imagine to be together with someone who was a cheater. No, he would be too stressed out, thinking too much what his partner was doing when not with him.

The older boy paused for a moment. “Probably not,” he finally answered. It sounded so nonchalant Junsu could just stare at his interlocutor. Wasn't he concerned about that? Wasn't he bothered by the fact he was doubted all the time? How could he act so indifferent?

Jaejoong seemed to read his thoughts. He faced him completely now and came closer. His eyes reflected the lights on the ceiling. He had wonderful eyes, Junsu thought randomly and wondered the next moment why the hell he examined the other's face so intently. Fine, he hadn't seen someone as beautiful as him, female or male, beside Heechul maybe. But that crazy man didn't count. So why made this person him feel uncomfortable?

“It's not that I don't care,” Jaejoong said, a teasing smile plastered on his face. “I'm just not bothered by it.”

“Why?”

“Because I don't see it as something offending. After all, I did cheat before.” There was no bitterness or a mocking undertone in his voice. He said it matter-of-factly and Junsu had to agree. He couldn't deny the truth. He'd heard on the rooftop after all. “For me, Yunho's doubtfulness is more of a challenge,” Jaejoong continued, a mysterious glint in his eyes.

“Challenge...” Junsu repeated blankly. Somehow he wasn't able to figure the boy out. His behaviour was out of norm. But Junsu had to admit he liked this differentness. It was interesting. Was that the reason he couldn't harbour ill feelings for the other? Why he couldn't punch him back on the roof?

Jaejoong nodded. “Yes, a challenge. I'll prove that idiot I can be faithful if I want to.” He winked at him and added: “Wish me luck.” With that and a flashed smile in Junsu's direction he skipped away, leaving a gaping Junsu to himself.

In that state Yoochun found him. Amused he waited for the adorable boy to notice him. But said person was too occupied with the previous conversation he didn't see anything.

“Now I know why Hyukjae always says I shouldn't think. It confuses my poor head way too much,” he mumbled to himself and bumped into the waiting Yoochun. His mouth formed a “O”. “I'm sorry,” he apologized embarrassed. “I wasn't looking where I was going.”

“I saw that,” Yoochun chuckled at his own joke. His grin widened when he saw Junsu getting more flustered. “Come, silly. Soccer practice is calling. Don't wanna the new star come late now, do we?”

“I'm not the new star,” Junsu murmured irritated. Yes, he liked soccer. Yes, he was good at it. But his skills weren't beyond compare. He regretted to have impressed his trainer with his match deciding goal in their last practice. And Yoochun's teasing was no help either. He felt played with from both sides.

“In a bad mood? What happened?”

“Nothing,” Junsu snapped. “Just talked to Jaejoong.” And wished he hadn't said that. Now, he had Yoochun sole attention on him. Great. Exactly what he needed – not.

“Didn't know you were friends,” his companion said astonished.

“We aren't. I just wanted to know something. I asked, he answered. End. Can we change the topic, please?” Junsu knew he behaved like a brat but he felt upset. Jaejoong's words stuck in his head like a mantra. It's more of a challenge. Did the boy saw everything as a challenge? Even something serious as a relationship? Did he ruin his former relationship because he thought cheating was something good to challenge? He shook his head. He couldn't understand. How someone was able to play with another person's feelings so mercilessly. And not only one, but two. And yet he wasn't able to have any sort of negative feelings towards the other. Was that normal?

“Don't take his words to heart.”

Junsu blinked and looked bewildered at the other. “What?”

“Jaejoong is someone you can hardly understand.” Yoochun shrugged. “I thought I did but then the thing with Yunho came. So forget it.” He patted Junsu's head. And continued to walk to the field. Junsu stared after him. Questions over questions flooding his mind. And then he just asked. As he did Jaejoong.

“Aren't you mad?”

Yoochun stopped and turned around. He cocked his head to the side. “About what?” he asked in wonder.

“About Jaejoong, him and Yunho, everything.” Junsu threw his arms in the air, exasperated.

Yoochun's expression softened. “I told you not to think about it, silly,” he replied. Nevertheless, when he received a glare from the new soccer team's hope he added: “I was, at the beginning. But not anymore. It's in the past.” He smiled. “I'm at fault, too. I didn't pay enough attention to him. He's someone who needs constant reassuring and some adventures. I couldn't give him that.”

“Still, it doesn't justify cheating!” Junsu almost shouted. He was angry. How could Yoochun be so calm about it? He had been played with, was being humiliated. Yet, he still sat at the same table as his former boyfriend, chatted and laughed with him. Was everyone in this school crazy?

“I moved on,” Yoochun said firmly. “We both moved on. There are no ill feelings between us. Jaejoong got what he wanted and I enjoy my freedom.” His voice turned gentle when he saw Junsu's eyes water. “Don't cry. I'm not hurt anymore.” He pulled him in a hug. “Don't hate him, okay? We are who we are. We can't change that.”

Junsu sniffed but nodded. Words of a particular boy flashed in his head. I'll prove that idiot I can be faithful if I want to. Maybe Jaejoong wasn't as cold-hearted as he thought. Maybe he and Yoochun just weren't meant to be.

“I don't hate him,” he mumbled. “I don't think I can. He's nice.”

Yoochun smiled. “That he is. And now come. Practice is waiting.”

He allowed the other to drag him along. After all, he liked it. Yoochun beside him, in front or behind belonged to one of his favourite moments. And maybe, just maybe he could give Yoochun something Jaejoong couldn't give him.

Maybe, just maybe.