Chapter 2 -Jongup

B.A.P One Shots

“I’m a newly-turned werewolf without a pack and I can’t really control myself well on full moon nights yet you keep finding me passed out on your lawn.”

 

“And I was like, baby baby baby oh, like baby baby baby no!”

You rouse from your peaceful slumber, squinting your eyes to adjust for the summer sun just barely peeking over the horizon. The first smell of the morning always brought a smile to your face however the song continued to blare, starting a ringing noise in your ears.

“Oh, shut the up.” You spit out as you grab the radio and toss it to the other end of your room. The song did shut off, but there went another alarm clock. It was the third one you broke this month.

In hindsight, you realized you could’ve just pressed snooze or something but listening to that song at 6 in the morning should be illegal.

You turn over to the other fresh, crisp side of your bed and try to recall the sleep that was robbed from you but to no avail.

Groaning, you decide to leave the warmth and safety of your blankets and head to the bathroom to start your morning ritual with peeing and brushing your teeth. Thank god you had no school or work today. Today is the perfect day for a Harry Potter marathon, you could just feel it in your bones.

You leave the bathroom and make your way to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee then leave through the front door to get the newspaper only to choke on the foaming toothpaste in your mouth.

A buck guy was sprawled on your lawn, thankfully faced down. You didn’t need that much trauma first thing in the morning.

He did have a gorgeous though.

The foam soon blocked your airways and you ran inside to wash it out.

Hastily, you go back outside only to see the male had disappeared. You rush out into the street and strain your neck in hopes of catching a glimpse of him.

When no sign of him arose, you trudged your way back to your home.

Maybe you just imagined it.


 

The next day, you looked out your window early in the morning, in hope of seeing the unknown male again so you knew you hadn’t gone insane.

Nope. No gorgeous .

You let out the breath you didn’t know you held and closed the front door.


 

On month later, you made the familiar trek down to the kitchen, started the pot of coffee, and opened the door for the newspaper.

He was there.

In all his glory. This time you had the sense not to swallow the foam but instead slowly approach him.

He was tan-skinned with a lithe but muscular body figure. On closer inspection, you could see scars, both old and new, littered across his back and legs.

Draping your newspaper over his cute , you make your way back into the house to get him a blanket and back out only to see all traces of him gone, including your newspaper.

Silently cursing, you retreat back to your house and mourn the loss of your newspaper while vowing to take a blanket outside every day until he came back.

As they say, third time’s the charm.


 

Every day for the next month, you walked out of your home with a blanket in hand to get your newspaper. There would be no occasion for him to catch you off guard this time. You will find him. And get answers. And maybe a name.

29 days had passed since the last time you saw him (not that anyone was counting) and like clockwork, he was there.

Screaming internally with victory, you make your way hurriedly to his side with the blanket in your hands and drape said blanket over him.

You watch him sleep (you’re not creepy. You swear.) while thinking of a good line to say when you got to finally confront this man.

He started to stir, rubbing his eyes with his knuckles before registering your presence. You could see him stiffening, as his eyes scanned his surroundings.

‘You’re going to have to start paying rent if you sleep on my lawn again. .” You say with triumph, reveling in the sheepish smile that graced his features.

“Sorry about that.” He murmured, wrapping the blanket closer to his body.

“Well, it wouldn’t be right to leave you like this on my lawn. Since you’re on my property, I demand you come inside with me and have some coffee at least. You look like you had a rough night.” You half-order, half-offer to him. He considered his choices for a second before nodding, taking the hand you extended out to help him get up.

The two of you made your way into the house just as your pot of coffee had finished brewing. You thanked the gods that looked in your favor and poured the coffee into two cups and handed the mysterious man one cup. “Do you want milk? Sugar?”

“Both, please.” Making your way to the fridge, you pull out the milk and sugar and hand him the items before sitting down across from him.

“So.” You start.

“So…” He echoed before taking a sip of the coffee and releasing a content sigh.

“What’s your name?”

“Jongup. Moon Jongup.”

“And why do you come to my lawn once a month?”

“Um. I’m not really sure. I just wake up on your lawn in the mornings.” He seemed to be hiding something but you let it slide. For now.

“Well, Jongup. I might have some clothing that might fit you. Will you run off like the other two times?” You tease while standing up, rocking your hips from side to side in a playful manner.

“No. I won’t.” He confirmed. “Would you mind if I get another cup of coffee?”

“Nope, make yourself at home. Or more at home, since you’ve taken to seeing my lawn as an impromptu bed.” You walk away with a gleeful smirk on your face. Who knew you could be so clever?

You rummage through your drawers and finally pull out black sweatpants and the matching t-shirt, the only items of clothing that would fit him from your wardrobe. He better return those, they were your favorite.

Making your way downstairs, you see Jongup standing and looking at the pictures on your fridge, blanket wrapped tightly around him. To be specific, he was looking at one of your pictures as a toddler wearing a frilly dress with the sassiest expression you could imagine on a five year old. You put it up there because it made you laugh. Because why the hell not. You clear your throat and hand him the clothing and point to the door on the end of the hall for him to use to change.

He smiled at you in return and waddled his way down to the bathroom.

You, on the other hand, were having a mild panic attack. His teeth were really pointy. Like his canines were long. Not long enough to be considered a vampire’s length but still long.

He seemed harmless, but of course you could never be sure. You make your way to the kitchen and pull out the largest kitchen knife you had, placing it on the chair next to yours while waiting for Jongup to return to his seat across from you.

When he finally exited the bathroom, you slightly choked on the coffee you were currently sipping on.

Damn he look good in sweats and a shirt. Like real good. Of course the down side was you couldn’t directly see his but still. This is what it must feel like when a guy sees his girl wearing his clothing. You preen on the inside but still kept up your guard, less he attack you and god knows what you’d become.

The blanket was folded in his arms and he placed in on the couch in the living room before sitting back down across from you. One hand gripped your coffee while the other gripped the knife as you stared at the anomaly that was Moon Jongup.

“Are you okay?” He asked, a worried frown encompassing his features. The scar that ran along his eyebrow bone to his jaw was pulled down with frown.

“I hope so. Are you okay?” You ask cautiously, taking another sip while peering over the top of your cup into his sharp eyes.

“I’ve been better.” He stated simply. His eyes continued to study you, as if he could detect things about you that you couldn’t.

“Okay, I’m just going to say it. What are you?” You asked bluntly, figuring it would be no use trying to beat around the bush.

“Do you mean who am I?” A line of nervousness creeped to the edge of his voice.

“Nope. What are you?” You repeat, a little more firmly this time.

“I’m a human. What else could I be?” Jongup answered, a tense laugh escaping his lips.

“Ah, but choice of wording is important you know. You could’ve said you were just a guy but you said human.” While your exterior boasted a cool indifference, inside you were tense. Anxious. A bit .

“I… Uh. I don’t think you’d believe me if I told you.” He confessed, his eyes downcast.

“Try me.” Looking over into your eyes, Jongup took a deep breath before admitting,

“I’m a werewolf.”

You look at him. He stares at you.

“Okay.” You say before taking another sip of your coffee. Jongup’s eyes bulge slightly, emotions flying across his face.

“You’re okay with a werewolf sitting in your kitchen.” He half-verified, half-asked.

“As long as you’re okay with sitting across from a vampire.” A sly smirk was adopted to your smile, as you extend your canines to their original length.

Jongup made some incoherent noises with the occasional sputter, a disconcerted expression present on his face.

“Wha… How old are you?” He exclaims, the grip on his coffee mug a bit tighter.

“Technically, I’m 22 but I look young for my age, don’t I?” You joke in an attempt to ease the stiffening atmosphere. “I’ve been 22 for 47 years now. Time really does fly by.”

“Aren’t we supposed to be like mortal enemies?”

“Are you really buying into that Twilight crap?” You counter while raising an eyebrow.

“It’s a guilty pleasure.” He muttered under his breath thinking you wouldn’t hear it, but of course you heard it.

“Harry Potter is my guilty pleasure. Although they don’t mention much about vampires. That kinda .”

A weird silence sat between the two of you as Jongup tried to wrap his head around this whole situation.

“Wait, since you’re a vampire, can’t you tell I’m a werewolf? Don’t I smell different or something?”

“Well, I’ve never met one until you. Not a lot of werewolves in this area you know. I think you’re the first. And yes I drink human blood, no I don’t kill people- I work at a hospital as a nurse so I get free bags of donated blood. How cool is that? My personal favorite blood type is B. And no you don’t smell like wet dog like they say in Twilight. You smell like the forest. It’s nice.” You ramble out before he could start interrogating you again. Standing, you walk to the fridge and take out some apples before handing one to him, a devious smile at the implication. Jongup accepted the apple and bit into it thoughtfully as his other hand played with his hair. “When did you turn?”

“Three months ago. All I remember is a huge wolf scratching my face then biting my arm and then turning. I never found that wolf again. I don’t even know what happens when I transform, all I remember from nights of the full moon is running somewhere and waking up on your lawn. Sorry about that.” He apologized but you just smiled brightly at him.

“It’s all good. Maybe I’ll just leave the front door open on full moons and you could come sleep with me instead of my lawn.” You joke and finally see him crack a genuine smile.

“I actually live a few blocks down from here.” He commented as he stretched his arms above his head, working out the creaks in his back.

“Do you now? I never knew such a handsome guy lived near me. Tell me, what do I smell like?” You ask while leaning forward, placing your chin in your hands. He sniffed the air for a few seconds before a silly smile spread.

“Like mint. And roses. Not like what they say in Twilight either.”

“Well, I think you owe me date seeing as how the first time you came I choked on my toothpaste and the second time you stole my newspaper,” Jongup winced at the memory, “and the third time you’re wearing my favorite shirt and sweats, which I want back by the way, so a date would be a fine repayment for my services and your wrongdoings.” You voice out, a sultry grin and wink sent towards the werewolf. He turned red and you could hear his heart beating faster as well as another musky, masculine scent. Quirking an eyebrow, you give him a knowing smile before sauntering down to your bedroom, a suggestive sway in your hips.

“I think I may have woken up too early.” You call out over your shoulder before stripping off your shirt.

You smirk as you hear the chair scrape the floor and pounding footsteps towards you until Jongup’s arms encircled your waist in a possessive manner.

“Don’t tempt me vampire.” He growled as he griped the inside of your thigh.

You made a sound akin to purring before dragging him into your bedroom.

“Make me, werewolf.”