//3

Chasing Butterfly

Mingyu was sprawled on the couch. Min Nabi, Min Nabi, Min Nabi. He couldn't stop thinking about her. He felt the ends of his mouth tip upwards, as he excitedly let out a few kicks in the air.

"What are you thinking about?" Soonyoung stared at him puzzedly while eating a packet of chips. He poked Mingyu with his foot to make space for him .

"Nothing~" Mingyu sang. Soonyoung raised an eyebrow,

"Don't tell me nothing, man. You're Kim Mingyu. You don't...sing."

The younger man jerked up straight. "Hyung, is it really obvious?"

"What?"

"That I'm falling in love!"

Silence ensued.

"Mingyu-ah, are you sick? Do you need a doctor? Are you fine? Here, lie down." Soonyoung proceeded to make space for Mingyu while pushing him down onto the couch.

"I'm fine," Mingyu swatted his hands away, "I really am! It's just, I don't know where to start!"

Soonyoung set his chips aside, prepared to listen to Mingyu's problem.

"You see, there's this girl in school...."


"Okay, so you're telling me you're attracted by this girl you met under some cherryblossom tree and you've only met her twice, gotten her name the second time and you're in love with her?" Soonyoung stared at the taller man agape.

"Well, I don't know if it's love yet, but I think it is. She's really pretty, she's cute. I swear, if you had seen her, Hyung, you would've fallen in love with her too! Wait, no, don't fall in love with her, she's mine. Soon-to-be anyway." Mingyu rambled on, not knowing Soonyoung had already left him on his own. Mingyu must be really sick, huh?


Mingyu whistled as he got ready for school. "Seungkwan-ah~ Are you ready? Let's go!"

The said male walked into the room, confused. "Hyung, school isn't starting yet. Why are you so early?" Mingyu adjusted his hair while looking at the mirror and replied, "Isn't it good to go to school early? We have to maximise this youth we have right now, unlike that old man Seungcheol." "I HEARD THAT!" A voice trailed from the kitchen.

"Yeah Hyung, I know that. But to leave for school 3 hours earlier? Nope, not doing it. Hyung you can leave on your own." Seungkwan shuffled out of the room and plopped back onto his bed whilst belting out high notes.

Mingyu stared at his watch. Seungkwan was right. He was 3 hours early. Why was he so enthusiastic? He felt so happy he could fly even if someone attached rocks at his ankles. Is this the power of love? Mingyu giggled to himself, half squealing. He didn't even register Jihoon shouting at him to shut up so he could continue sleeping. Mingyu really couldn't wait for the three hours to pass quickly so he could see her again.


 

 

IM REALLY SORRY GUYS! I should have updated more quickly but well... procrastination got the better of me so i'm currently updating right before school starts. Its the first day of the semester and i really wished i'd be more excited like mingyu was. Then again, there's no mingyu in school, so its not that worth getting excited, right? hehe. 

Anyway, this chapter is aimed at showing how (un)cool Mingyu actually is, alongside interactions with other svt members! Enjoy, even tho this is subpar work. I'm really sorry ):):