//2

Chasing Butterfly

Mingyu sat next to the window at the back of class. He stared out of it wistfully as he ignored Seungkwan's prods at his waist.

"Hyuuuuung~ Why are you looking out of the window? Give me some attention." The younger boy whined. 

"I'm thinking." The lagged reply came after five seconds.

"Of what? Are you thinking of Seungcheol hyung scolding you for not washing the dishes?"

Mingyu shivered. He was afraid of the leader, but he definitely wasn't thinking about the piled up dishes he left in the sink this morning. He wasn't about to tell Seungkwan that there was a girl clouding his thoughts either. "Nothing, just... stuff." He mumbled, hoping Seungkwan would let it pass. To his relief, the professor for the class stepped in and effectively kept the class quiet. Seungkwan included.

Mingyu looked around his Foundation Music class. It was relatively empty, seeing as to how not many people had to take this specific class. He chose to take it though, he thought it would help him in his future classes. As the professor began with the class, he noticed a small figure clad in a black hoodie sneaking in from the back door from the corner of his eye. He stared at the mysterious person as it made its way to the very last row of class. He was amused. He also envied the person's small size, since a person with his height and stature would never be able to sneak into class if he was ever late. He clapped internally when the figure made it to the chairs. The figure removed its hoodie. Mingyu's eyes widened. It was her. The girl under the cherryblossom tree! His heart started thumping loudly as his face started to have a tint of redness to it. 

"She's in this class?" Mingyu thought to himself. "Good job, Mingyu, you've made a good decision taking this class." He gave himself a small pat on the back. He grinned happily as he stared at the girl taking out a notebook and a pencil case, furiously scribbling down what the professor was saying. Before he knew it, class ended. The girl packed her things up and left class almost immediately. Mingyu mirrored her actions, leaving a confused Seungkwan behind. "What was that...?" Seungkwan voiced out.


Mingyu took long strides to catch up to her. He screeched to a halt when he realised he had no reason to follow her, let alone strike up a conversation. He pondered for a moment. To his luck (and her misfortune), someone else had accidentally collided into her, and her things fell on the floor along with her body. "This is my chance," Mingyu thought. He walked right up to her and picked up her belongings, and pulled her up. 

"Are you alright?"

"H-huh? Oh, y-yeah. Thanks." She said softly.

Mingyu had imagined her voice several times. Sweet and soft. This was just like what he expected.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" He asked.

"The cafeteria..." She trailed as she looked down on the floor as if she was caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar.

Mingyu squealed internally as he thought, "She's so cute!" However he composed himself and said instead, "I'll walk you. I'm heading towards that direction as well." The girl nodded.

They proceeded towards the cafeteria in comfortable silence.

"So, my name is Mingyu. What's yours?"

The girl looked up in shock as if she didn't expect him to talk. 

"U-uh Nabi. Min Nabi. We-well, we're here. I'll see you around school! Bye Mingyu!" She stuttered as she hastily grabbed her belongings that were still in Mingyu's hands and left.

Min Nabi, huh? What a pretty name. Mingyu smiled, proud that he now knew the name of his mysterious girl.


 

 

Hi guys! Sorry i took so long! I was really busy with all my assignments and projects in school. I have a little bit left till the semester ends, but till then i'll try to update as quickly as i can! Thanks for reading! :)