Past and Present

The Confessing Letter

(Seohyun POV)

I was totally stunned by what I saw. How long had it been? 10 years? He was indeed handsome as much as when he was fifteen. But he looked more mature in his figure and a bit fit. By the first time after 10 years had pass, we met again at the ‘café’, the same place where I met for the ‘first time’. I don’t want to mention about the first meeting because for me it was totally awesome just like ‘paradise’ feeling. Back to the story, I did not knew what was I felt when I saw him. Should I happy?

To be honest the last time we were seeing each other was not in a good condition. We were cool to each other before the ‘Confessing Letter’. That time I was lost my mind and I admitted that I was a bit immature. I just found my first love and I confessed to him with my thick face without thinking what will happen next. First, I wrote a love letter to him and asked him to read it.

“I really like you, Yonghwa.”

That was the first thing spilled from my mouth after he read my letter. I finally said it with my bow head. Hell No! How could I say it directly facing him? I started to count from a finger to the last finger of my hands but there was no responded from him. Silent~ I could not hold it anymore. With all courage and in the name of the dead of my neighbor’s kitten, I faced directly to his face.

 Our eyes met. I did not know but I got a bad feeling on this. The boyish grin that I saw before I handed the letter was gone. Only God know how much I love that ‘Heaven’ smile. Sweat was over my body. Say something please… My heart begged him to spill anything. Suddenly, he stood and smiled to me. Believe me. I knew that smile. I tried to stop him but he stepped a head before me.

He started to read the letter LOUDLY in front of my classmates. I knew it. This was I got if I wanted to dealing with a choding. I could hold the prank that he did to me all this time but this… not this time. I was really really really embarrassed even the beetroot could not compete the colour of my face.

“OH MY GOSH! WHAT DID YOU DO, YOOONGG!?” I screamed from the top of my lungs to Yonghwa in my thought.

I could not bear it. I did not want to hear any laugh from the others. I dashed with my palms covered my ears to get my out of the class immediately.

I kept running until I reached in front of stair. I did not know which block I had been passed through. I slowly walked toward the stair and sat under the stair alone. I hugged my knees and bowing down my head. The tears kept running. I kept telling myself why did I confess it? Am I stupid? He is Jung Yonghwa, the prankster and just now, I was digging my on grave.

But, why did I like him? I started to flashback how did I start to like him. Pranky is the only bad thing on him. To be honest, he was the most charming person in my school. It was not only from my point of view but from the others as well. The other girls dreamed to have him as their boyfriend but unfortunately, none of them would achieve it including myself. He was an idol in my school because of his handsome face and the talents that he had. He was the basketball star and the talented musician and... I did not know what else he could not do. He was the top ranked student in my school. He was almost a perfect person that I had known in my whole life.

I was out of my mind when I chose to confess to him. I kept blaming myself. Who are you? Your just an ordinary girl except got the top 3 ranked student in my school. I kept telling that to myself and blaming myself beyond of what happen until I heard voice.

“There you are. Where’re you have been, Hyun? You know, you should join our school’s sport? Your speed is no kidding.” He talked to me as nothing happen.

I really wanted to swing my right palm on his face that time but then, I stood at started to walk away from him. Suddenly, he grabbed my left hand and started to talk.

“I’m kidding, okay. Stop crying, will you? The confessing letter, you… just make a joke from it, isn’t it?”

“It is a joke? IT IS A JOKE?!!!” I screamed like a mad person him. I wanted to kill him right away. How could he say I was joking about it after embarrassing me in front of my classmates. I sigh and tried to hold my anger. I kept my mouth shut up after the scream without took even a bit glance on him. He did not dare to break the silent between us.

“I hate you” I said to him almost whispery and I left him with quizzical frown before he could hear my sniffed again. I did not dare to look back and fasten my steps away from him.

Snap! The flash of his camera made me came back to my senses.

“HAHAHA! You should see your face right now.” As he showed my face that he took from his Iphone.

He was still same as playful as he were used to be. We started our conversation while sipping the Americano the café. It was strange when we talked about job, money and politics. It showed that we were at the stage of an adult now. We were really into our conversation just like a pair of old friend met again after such a long time.

“Do you still like me?” he shot me with a question and made me started curve my lips.

 

 

Five years later at a hall.

I walk slowly to the groom and hanging my smile to my ears.

“Congratulations for your wedding, Yong. Thank you for inviting me. Your wife has an angelic face.”

After the meeting five years ago, Yonghwa and I got close to each other. At the café, he confessed to me that he like me too back then. He was very sorry about the incident. He thought  that was a joke because that day was 1st of April. I admit how fooled was I to confess on the April Fool. He wanted me to be his girlfriend but I rejected him that day because I dated a person two years older than me at that time. Now, I am very grateful because he found his last love. They look good together. Honestly, I love him but I am more comfortable for ‘friend relationship’ with him. I don’t know if it will work out if we try to. Perhaps in another life maybe we will together.

As for me, I am still unmarried yet since I broke up with my fiancé two months ago. What do you think a person’s feeling that just broke up with her fiancé are attending her past first love which is husband-to-be a bride that is almost at a goddess state?  Well, it does not matter now if I am in a relationship or not, as long as me and my parents happy for it. I will keep moving on. I just wish I found my true love someday later soon. I am a woman too. I want to get married too or should I write a confessing letter again?

 

 

 

 

 

A/N :

So, how was my first story? I am really sorry because making you waited for along time to update. Believe me, I am really frustrated to the system as they did not want me to update MY FIRST STORY. urghh...why this happened to my first story?

Anyway, I am open-minded person, so I would not force you to subscribe or upvote…you leave some comment and that is more than enough actually… but, if you pleasure to do it, I am gladly accept it ^  ^ I’m sorry to Yongseo shipper because not making Yongseo together for the ending. This story is more to puppy love and reminding us how childish we are when we were young.

That is it. See you soon and take care…