glitter love

glitter love

Joohyun has nothing against couples, straight or not, but she surely likes to enjoy her lunch breaks which she only gets fifteen minutes to stuff her face, without having to watch her best friends making weird disgusting sounds as they exchange milimeters worth of saliva. They are only one of hundred campus couples in their college.

Their school has an old building that serves as a dormitory for students who lived too far from the city area and they have one cctv, one bloody cctv that only shows who is entering and leaving the building; meaning every other corner is an exhibition whether they are into that or not. The other building is not any different, their classrooms are the country’s best but they sure are bad at making sure the students are up to anything bad. Anyways, back to Joohyun’s problem.

“Please stop it, I need to finish my lunch without having to vomit all over everything you both love, yes, that means I’ll vomit on both of you.” She is actually surprised she did not choke on her rice, and that Sooyoung and Hyoyeon actually stops, turning to her, pouting.

“What class do you have after this?” Sooyoung pushes her pudding cup towards Joohyun, motioning her to take it.

“English. What about you guys?” Joohyun gives Sooyoung one of her biggest smiles, gleeing while opening the pudding cup.

“ ED.”

She her head to the side, holding the spoon with her teeth. “We have ED classes?”

Hyoyeon slaps Sooyoung’s back, laughing at how clueless the youngest could be. “We’re going back to the dorms.”

“LA LA LA OKAY, I DON’T NEED TO HEAR THAT, I’M GOING BACK TO CLASS. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE PUDDING.” She hugs her ring files, holding the plastic spoon, swinging her bag over her shoulders and holding the pudding cup in . Why didn’t I use my hand for the pudding cup?

She walks up the stairs, not counting on the swarming students for the next lunch break. She stays rooted in the center of the stairs, not knowing when she could move again. She bites back a remark at some guys calling her stupid for standing in the middle of the crowd. When the crowd finally dies down, she continues climbing the stairs.

“Hey! You there! Yonghwa’s girlfriend!” Joohyun’s first instincts was to turn but she continued her way because the second part of the sentence did not apply to her.

“Hey! Didn’t you hear me calling for you?” The stranger has a strong grip, that is for sure as Joohyun finds herself being dragged into a classroom.

“Who are you?” She blurts out, placing her files on the nearest empty desk.

“Can you pass this to Yonghwa? I’m his bassist for the upcoming concert. These are the audio files from the last practice.” She shrugs, “Yeah, I can do that for you.” She takes it from his hand, stuffing it into her front pocket.

“Is that all?” She asks because she really wants to finish her pudding before it gets disgusting.

He nods, smiling as he starts leaving the classroom. “Wait,” He calls out, popping his head back into the classroom. “tell Yonghwa he has a pretty girlfriend.”

“Sure!” She is just happy to go back to her pudding then she notices ants all over it. “God damn it.” She dumps it into the garbage can, hoisting her files and head on to class.

 

Ding!

from: jonghyun

i passed the thumb drive to your girlfriend.

 

to: jonghyun

what girlfriend?

 

from: jonghyun

you know who i meant 😏

 

to: jonghyun

????????????

 

from: jonghyun

come on, why did you keep this from us?

 

to: jonghyun

kEEP WHAT FROM YOU GUYS?

 

from: jonghyun

・( ̄∀ ̄)・:*:

 

Yonghwa stuffs his phone in his bag when he hears his lecturer clears his throat, indicating he is going to start the lesson soon. He looks over to his desk partner, nudging her out of her sleep. She groans, lifting up her head, taking a few moments to get herself together. She stifles a yawn, bowing to him and a muffled thank you.

She straightens out her brown locks, tying them in a low messy braid. She turns to Yonghwa and she suddenly remembers. “Oh, some guy told me to pass this to you, and he said to tell you that your girlfriend is pretty.”

“Thank you, I owe you.”

Joohyun begins taking out her books for the lesson, only to find out she brought the wrong ones. “ my life.” She murmurs to herself, slowly banging her head on her desk. Yonghwa holds her head and cushioning her forehead with his forearm.

“Any reason why you’re trying to break your forehead?”

Joohyun lets out a huge sigh, not lifting her head but turned slightly towards him. “I forgot my notes.”

He laughs, brushing her hair without even realising it. She does not seem affected by it so he continues anyways. “We can share.” He holds his notes up, laughing when Joohyun straightens up instantly, thanking him dozens of times.

She brings her chair closer to his desk so she could see better.

Ding!

from: minhyuk

i heard you have a new girlfriend

 

to: minhyuk

off i’m in class

 

Yonghwa silently makes a plan to go to their dorm and murder them silently. Joohyun sniffs, jotting down notes diligently as the lecture goes on, she is immuned to the consistent vibration of Yonghwa’s phone which makes her a good desk partner, especially when they share multiple of classes each day.

She slightly pokes him, pushing her phone towards him.

 

from: unknown

i heard you were yonghwa’s new girlfriend. don’t get too happy, we will make you regret everything.

 

to: unknown

what are you talking about? and who is this?

 

from: unknown

we’ll destroy everything you own

 

Yonghwa frowns upon reading the messages. “Do you know why people are creating rumors about us?” Joohyun shakes her head solemnly, picking her nails to distract herself. “I’m going to protect you, that’s for sure.”

 

As promised, Yonghwa personally goes with her everywhere, at the cafeteria, waiting outside the toilet for her in case she gets cornered and could not defend herself. First day in and Joohyun already wants him to stop because they get a lot of attention. He makes sure she is safely in her extra classes, waiting outside until the bell rang the end of the all of the lessons for the day.

“You really don’t have to do this, you know.”

“No, I caused you trouble.”

She stops halfway, bringing her hand up to his hair, ruffling his hair so it would fall back into place. “There was a fly.” She utters, grinning at his flushed face.

“YONGHWA, AND JOOHYUN SITTING IN A TREE-” Minhyuk and Jonghyun screaming as they run down the stairs, catching the two by surprise. Yonghwa grabs Jonghyun who was closest to him, holding him down and in a chokehold.

“Please don’t kill your bandmates.” Joohyun says, hardly meaning it because Minhyuk is throwing glitter all of them. “Any reason why you have glitter handy?” She questions when they back away.

“To celebrate you guys being together!”

“We’re not together.” They say simultaneously.

“But you guys are sharing the same scent.” Jonghyun mutters in disdain.

“Oh, I get it now.” Joohyun claps her hands, laughing so hard she almost falls down to the ground. “Because we spent a lot of time together, your cologne is so strong that it leaves a mark on me. That’s why people are mistaking us of being together.”

Both of them are relieved to find out the exact reason why, but it is not something they could explain to the entire student body so both of them shrug.

“Want to go out together?” Joohyun proposes, since they have to live with this for a long time, might as well enjoy it.

“Sure. Coffee’s on me today.” Yonghwa grabs her wrist, waving his bandmates goodbye, making their way to the cafeteria, after they get rid of this glittery mess.