That Guy Named Mark Tuan

P.S. I'm Over You


    He asked me out...


    

     NOT! He didn't do that. He never asked me to hang out with him or any thing of that sort. None. Nada. Well he did ask me to go to places with him. But it felt like he was asking a guy dongsaeng to accompany him.


    But he always sends text like,

 

    "Hey dongsaeng, can you go with me to the mall?" 

Or 

     "Yah, let's meet at the cafe. I don't know how to do my homework in hangul."


    Of course I always stood by his side because I loved him. As in really really love him. Because he was not like anybody else. I loved him because he's Mark Tuan. 


    There was no phone call from him that I didn't answer. No text I didn't reply to. No invitation I turned down. All because I loved Mark Tuan.


    There was this one time we went to a mall to watch a movie. A sci-fi movie. Duh, I don't watch sci-fi. I didn't even know that kind of movie genre exists. Nevertheless, I watched that sci-fi movie because I wanted to be with him.


    I slept through the whole film tho. I just felt Mark gently tapping my hand. I opened my eyes only to realize that the movie is over, the lights are on and I have my head resting on his shoulder.


    "You should've told me you didn't like sci-fi." Wait wait. Did he just smell my hair?! I immediately sat up straight and combed my hair with my hands. 


    "Uh I like sci-fi. I just like sleep better."


    "Okay. I'll try to believe that." He smirked.


    "Whatever." 

 

    "Let's go get some ice cream?"


    "I do--"


    "Green tea flavor." 


    "You know me too well Mark Tuan."


    "Of course. Oppa's the best."


    "Oppa's the best." I repeated.


    

    So we walked out of the cinema and we looked for his favorite ice cream parlor. 


    I was looking at a pair of sneakers while walking when I suddenly felt his hand holding mine pulling me towards him.


    "What?" I looked at him.


    "Can you stop looking at other places? That guy carrying boxes was about to bump into you." 


    "Oh. Thank you, oppa." I said while looking at my shoes. Ugh. I hate being clumsy. Especially when I'm with someone I like. I tried pulling my hand from him but he only tightened his hold on me.


    "Just in case you decided to be clumsy again." He said as he held up our joined hands. 


    "Green tea flavor for my favorite dongsaeng." He smiled while giving me my cup.


    "I'm your only dongsaeng." 


    "No. I have a cousin here in Korea, remember?" He sat beside me.


    "Oh yeah, Jinyoung oppa?"


    "Yeah. Your childhood bestfriend." He smiled.


    "I don't know why Jinyoung oppa doesn't talk to me anymore." 


    "Jinyoungie changed a lot."


    "Yeah. After Jaebum oppa left for Japan, I felt like Jinyoung oppa left me too."


    "Aww. You have me now." 


    "First, eww. That was gross. And second, that didn't sound like Mark Tuan."


    "How does Mark Tuan talk anyway?" 


    "Well, Mark Tuan doesn't talk. The Mark Oppa I know is very quiet. A man of few words. More accurately, a man with no words at all." 

    
    "That's how other people describe me. I was hoping you don't see me like other people do.
Because you're not 'other' people to me." 


    "You're not 'other' people to me too oppa."
    

    He smiled. The smile he doesn't readily give to other people. The smile he only shows when he's comfortable. The smile he only offers to his special people. The smile he always gives me. 


    "Oh my gosh, Mark is that you?" 


    I looked at the source of the voice. She's beautiful. Not model beautiful but simply beautiful. 


    "Jenny." I could hear the excitement on Mark's voice. I got shocked since I rarely hear that. "I didn't know you were here in Korea!"


    "I arrived yesterday! I called your mom she said I should visit you at school."


    "Well good thing we met up here. There are so many guys at school."
    

    So what if there are so many guys at school? You're afraid your girlfriend will be snatched from you? 


    "Oh! By the way Jenny, this is xxxx"


    "Annyeonghaseyo, unnie."


    "Wow she's cute." I know girl. I KNOW. 


    "You two are classmates?" She asked.


    "No. xxxx is my non blood related cute little sister." 

 

    
BOOM YOU JUST GOT SIBLING ZONED BY MARK TUAN. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED