English class

My Late Realization
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I entered my english class to see that familiar U- shaped desk arrangement. I actually liked this teacher. This is her first year at this school and although not a lot of her students respect her because of this, she still doesn't let it get to her. The thing that I don't really like about this class is that there are a variety of students here. There are troublemakers, nerds, loners and queenkas. Yea no kingka here. 

I sat down on the seat that is near my soon to be friend Emma. She didn't seem to care because she was with her new friend called Jina. Jina is also a new student at this school like me this year. She is has long hair, and is short but she is really outgoing. She came from CAP middle school. So class began and we began our project that the teacher assigned us last week. I know... it's crazy how the teacher has already assigned us an assignment on the first week. But the thing is that this assignment was suppose to get us closer to our classmates so the teacher assigned us into groups of 3. As you guessed it, I got paired up with Emma and Jina, I felt really left out because they usually just ignore me and talk among themselves. This didn't help one bit with my intervertedness... I didn't make that much effort to also get to know them. 

If I were to talk to them, it usually is about the project or an assignment.  As we worked in our groups, I learned that Jina and Emma are both into kpop like me. I got into the conversation and soon started to feel closer to them. The lunch bell soon rang and we all headed down 4 flights of stairs to get to the lunch room. I sat with Emma and Jina... I remember this lunchroom... it brings back so much feelings within me. I looked around and noticed the same groups of people sitting  with their own people, not engaging in conversations with new people. If this were to be me  5 years ago I would've felt really nervous and scared because in this lunchroom filled with people, I just can't fit in. This is the same as my old school Wollim, which forced me to be isolated from the students that never even attempted to get to know me. 

I got my lunch which turned out to be my favorite, bibimbap. Not alot of students like this because it tastes too salty but I love the saltiness of the dish.

The line for the food was short so I got to the seat first. I focused on my food and began eating right away. I didn't even notice Jina and Emma sitting on the other side of the table until they laughed so loud, I think the whole cafeteria looked over at them. I looked at them and they didn't even notice me. I wanted to make a converation so I decided to be more bold than I was 5 years ago. 

"Hey don't you guys like bibimbap?"

"No, they are too salty, the lunch lady needs to put less salt onto the soups and the bibimbap!" Jina replied

"Yea, I don't like bibimbap that much, it contains too many calories" Emma answered.

" I think that the dish is just right!!" I said enthusiatically

"that's probably only you..." Jina replied.

I laughed it off although I didn't really think it was funny.. the old me would've just kept shut, why am I laughing? I became lost in my thoughts and soon realized that I have already finished my lunch. I waited until Emma and Jina finished their dishes and we soon went to the bathroom together...it was like a routine. We just have to go there, even if one of us don't need to use the bathroom, we just go to wash our hands or just to wait for one another. 

After we finished, we went to wait by the fish tanks because we weren't allowed to leave the lunch zone for some reason. As the bell rung, I didn't feel any need to hurry because my next class is still on the same floor, and I also have Jina walking with me because we have the same class. When I got to the class, it hit me that I know someone in this class that went to my old school and he knows my old personality. His name is Ki Bum and he went to the same elementary and middle school as me. When I first got to Seoul High, I didn't even know that he would be here, he moved his last 2 years of middle school. As I sat in my seat beside a girl named Ko Hi, she waved and said hi to me, she is an outgoing girl. She dresses up a lot and has short hair. From what I remembered, I think she was in the soccer team. I waved back at her and said hey. 

I suddenly remembered that I forgot to bring my folder from the front of the room. So here's the thing, this class is my history class and we each have folders, each time we come in here, we have to get our folders and bring it to our tables and then at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter