The News

My Late Realization
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Ga Eun's POV      

               

                Today my mom and I are going to go to the hospital to the result of my blood test. Cause lately, my hair's been falling out and I am starting to feel weak. I've also started having red moles all over my body.

                                                                                                                                               

                As we got to the entrance of the hospital, my heart started pumping like crazy. Maybe because I knew what was going to  be the result. And the result I'm thinking of isn't what I want to happen, I do not want to die. I don't want toleave behind  all  these beautiful things on Earth.

 

   

          Entering the spacious hospital, my mom went to the front desk to sign me in, while I sat down on one of the blue hospital chairs. As I looked around me, I could feel the gloomy atmosphere everywhere. I could heard loud sirens coming from outside of the hospital. I could also hear loud cries of an elderly woman as she and the paramedics pushed a red stained bed of a little boy who was bleeding from his leg. The other peoples waiting for their turn turnedaround and stared at the riot, but after just a glance of the bed, I turned my head around, uninterested in other people's business.

 

   

          After 5 minutes of the commotion, it settled down and my mom came back. Mom told us to wait since we came earlier than  the appointed time, so as I waited, I listened to exo's song, " what if " . I used to love exo a lot, but when my favorite members moved out, I didn't really pay that much attention to them anymore. They made a new comeback, but I didn't feel any emotion, just bored while listening to their songs, I used to feel excitement running through my veins.

 

             There was only one song from their new comeback that made my heart melt. And yes, it's " what if ". When the song was almost finished, my mom nudged me, signaling that it was our turn. As a nurse led us through the halls, it was surprisingly quiet. The smell of sanitizers filled the air. And the coldness of the mid fall breeze sent shivers to my spine.

 

 

         When we arrived at a room that had the sign " Dr.Kang" we went inside, as the nurse left. It wasn't that cold in the doctor's office since his windows were closed. But even though It wasn't that chilly, I still had goosebumps, but this time, it's not because of a breeze, it because of my nervousness. 

 

 

As we sat down, Doctor Kang asked, " How are you feeling today, Ga Eun? "

 

Feeling confused about whether he's asking about how I felt mentally or physically, I just answered, " I'm doing fine."

 

"That's good, well let's get to the point shall we?" He asked with a wide grin.

 

Faking a smile, I replied " Sure. "

 

               He looked at me then my mother, his eye changed into a serious tone as he said, " Most people with the symptoms of losing hair and having red mole have Cancer....... And I am sorry to inform you this, but Ms.Park......." *

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter