Prologue - What's going on?

The voice that launched a thousand ships

Disclaimer: I do not own Kyungsoo or Hayi…Basically none of the characters in this fanfiction. Keep in mind this is all fiction and the personalities that will be portrayed in this aren’t even close to the real one’s of each character. Because I obviously don’t know any of them personally. Names and certain details might be changed to fit with the story. Also I will be using fool language sometimes but not enough to rate it as M. Kyungsoo is one of my biggest biases but I never really found a good fanfiction of him that wasn't Kaisoo centered. I guess this is just me trying to finally realize that dream.

Music: What's Going on? by 4 Non Blondes


Prologue - What's going on?

Plain. Plain may just be one of the several words to describe the everyday life of Do Kyungsoo. It started with a dim and bitter cup of coffee and finished with headaches and medications. His bed was perhaps the only true remedy to his misery. Yes, he knew how miserable he seemed to others. However for him being confined in a petite and quiet library in the middle of the cold suburbs of Seoul wasn’t as torturous as some made it seem. Kyungsoo had a fixed routine and he wouldn’t change it for the world. One thing that he did despise with a passion had to be change. Scratch that, ‘’people’’ and ‘’social interactions’’ were definitely a bigger issue in his eyes. He never had the ability to interact with his peers pleasantly like his older brother, Do Jiyong.

 It was hence natural that someone with such a high composing talent couldn’t be perfect in all aspects; Kyungsoo indeed was a musical genius. He composed for all the considerable talents of the world since the age of 15, making him gradually the outstanding ghost songwriter he is today. Has an artist he didn’t ask for much not even for credit, just enough money to make him go through the year. At the age of 20, he amassed enough money to buy a library that also contained a little studio and an apartment so he could be able to live to his likings. His parents never took advantage of the large amount of money he did as a kid. Therefore he became effortlessly wealthy and lived a comfortable lifestyle. Days became similar and analogous he couldn’t distinguish day from night either. Everything was plain but he liked it this way.

The cold winter of Seoul already started in the last weeks of October. Surprising by the same occasion many including Kyungsoo’s roommate and only friend, Kim jongin.

‘’Morning milady, time to wake up you little . It’s snowing and I can feel myself becoming gloomy by the minute. We both know what that means…’’

‘’Leave me alone,’’ grumbled Kyungsoo under his breath while hiding even more beneath his blankets ‘’I’m not your maid go prepare your own breakfast Kim ing Jongin’’ He then kicked Jongin out of his bed harshly without a second thought.

Jongin smiled stiffly to his response. Not amused, he left the room making sure that Kyungsoo realize his frustration by slamming the door vigorously. Normally, he would’ve argued longer with him but today was supposed to be a good day. Kyungsoo would be the last person on earth to bring him down. He knew his best friend and he knew his ways; Kyungsoo being Kyungsoo was nothing new. Jongin then proceeded to make fried eggs and little chocolate crêpes including strawberries on the side with brown toasted bread. ‘’Kyungsoo’s favorites’’, he thought delighted. Instantly, he heard the heavy footsteps of his friend making his way slowly to the kitchen. But someone else arrived before Kyungsoo. Two small arms circled his waist. Immediately he knew who it was. ‘’Morning buttercup’’, said a sweet voice behind him. A big smile was now plastered on his face.

‘’Ugh,’’ muttered Kyungsoo when he entered the room, ‘’she’s here again.’’

It was Gong Minji, the cute and provocative Gong Minji. She had been in a solid relationship with Jongin for now 4 years to the despair of Kyungsoo. They both were like cat and dog, they just couldn’t stand the sight of each other. 

‘’Do Kyungsoo’’ acknowledged Minji cynically. She then detached herself from her boyfriend to stare ominously in the direction of the musical genius. Minji could only see his back.

‘’Gong Minji’’said Kyungsoo even more bitterly while making his coffee. He didn’t even bother to turn around and look at her.

‘’Please no fighting guys, it’s my birthday and naturally I would love for my two best people in the world to at least be civil to each other.’’

They both sighed without a single word. Minji then helped him to set the table happily. She then pouted after seeing the sight of the almost full table.

‘’I should be the one cooking for you today. I’m such a horrible girlfriend.’’

Kyungsoo snickered shamelessly while sipping peacefully his coffee ‘’ I must agree with that one ’’   Jongin looked at him with annoyance, ‘’said the one that refused to prepare me a simple breakfast this morning. ’’

‘’I don’t know what didn’t click in your brain when I said I wasn’t your maid Jongin’’, continued the smaller male. ‘’So much anger in such a small frame.’’ commented Minji causing Jongin to lightly chuckle.

Suddenly, a big ruckus was heard and everyone in the room turned their heads to see where all that sound came from.

‘’ HELLO WORLD! Why so much sourness in the air?’’, blurted a loud and cheerful voice.

‘’Is it me or does the entire planet as the keys to my apartment?!’’ Exclaimed Kyungsoo throwing both of his arms over his head with frustration after the sudden entrance of the blonde ‘’intern’’ he works with, Zhang Yixing.

He then exited the room without another word barricading himself in his room. Yixing grimaced after hearing Kyungsoo slamming the door of his bedroom. Jongin just shrugged sitting at the table inviting Minji and Yixing to do the same so they could finally start eating. ‘’Did I do something wrong?’’ asked the still bothered Yixing.

‘’Don’t worry little pony, that’s just how Kyungsoo is when it starts to snow. He becomes a little bit irritable, well more than usual and he doesn’t even realize it.’’ Reassured Jongin while patting the back of his friend.

 


 

 After eating copiously, Jongin and Minji were naturally drained but they both wanted to go have some fun at their favorite dance studio. They left quickly leaving Yixing with all the dishes. But they knew it didn’t matter to the blonde man. He had an innate caring and loving personality that made it natural for him to help out others without asking for anything in return.

‘’ And so I wake in the morning, And I step outside, And I take a deep breath and I get real high, And I scream at the top of my lungs. What's going on? ’’ Sang Jongin heartily under his breath while walking hands in hands with Minji. They were walking down a rich neighbourhood to get to their bus stop. The freezing wind was blowing harshly on their faces.

‘’ What are you murmuring about?’’, she scowls disapprovingly in his direction ’’ you know you’re a horrible singer.’’

‘’Ouch buttercup, how could you say that when it’s still my birthday?’’, he then pinched her adorable cold and red button nose. She frowned cutely and then smiled. ‘’Someone had to say it, rather it be me then rude little Kyungpoo ’’

‘’We talked about that; wordplays with the name of Soo are no-no. You know he hates it.’’

She hummed in response, ‘’Additional reason to keep doing it, if you ask me.’’

‘’ Anyways, I was singing a song that Kyungsoo likes a lot. He plays it every night before going to sleep.’’ Minji nodded her head nonchalantly not exactly interested by the music taste of Kyungsoo. She then looked casually to the houses that surrounded them. All of them were unnecessarily big and tremendous. Her heart tugged a little bit at the thought of her grimmer lifestyle. ‘’Hey, don’t overthink it Minji. I know what’s going on in that little mind of yours. It’s all artificial believe me. Those rich kids don’t have half of what we do’’, murmured Jongin confidently.  

He indeed wasn’t lying when he said that. He then looked in the direction of a specific house. It belonged to the most talked family of the town, the Choi’s. He used to go there to have piano lessons as a kid because his mom was strict and she wanted him to learn more than just ballet. He hated it. But he couldn’t hate his teacher, Lee Park Bom. She probably was his first love. She wore long summer dresses and had an endless shawl collection. Park Bom was beautiful; she always kept her long wavy black hair unattached. She seemed delicate and fragile in comparison of her tall and robust husband, Choi Seunghyung. Jongin quickly understood how close Bom was to her husband and how protective Seunghyung was. One day he curiously touched the flower vase that was embellishing the piano but Jongin was extremely clumsy has a kid. The inevitable happened; the vase was now shattered in million pieces on the ground. Heavy footsteps made their way to the music room in an instant. 

‘’I’m okay Seunghyung.’’, was all he heard Bom say.

The tall man looked venomously towards jongin. ‘’Your hand is bleeding. You’re not okay.’’ He picked Bom up and carried her in his arms protectively. Because her feet’s were and she couldn’t walk on the broken pieces. Jongin remembered looking at the feet’s of the man. They were bleeding but he didn’t seem to even cringe. Jongin was then stuck on the piano bench because he was too scared to step on glass. His mom came to pick him up and when she saw the scene around him she was nothing more than confused.

‘’He’s never coming back here again.’’, were the last words that Seunghyung said to his mom before slamming the door in their faces.

Minji tapped lightly his shoulder to bring him back to reality.

‘’Looking at the Choi’s house again?’’

‘’Yeah, bunch of freaks.’’

‘’Did you know that they had a daughter? Well that’s what Suhyun told me the other day because they’re both studying psychology in the same department’’

‘’I heard about her, Lee Hayi’’


Author's note:

Wow, already 14 subscribers over night! I am truly delighted especially that it seems that it will be more easier for me to share my passion for writing on this site then before since the community is even bigger! The Kaiminzy ship wasn't exactly planned but they just basically appeared out of nowhere in my mind. And I'm certain that they match the story really well ^^ .Please don't forget to tell me your thoughts on the story and if the chapters should be longer or shorter :D I will do accordingly to what's best for everyone.This fic' will be pretty inspired by music so each chapter will have it's own song. Watch over me as I learn slowly to write in english better :3