Girl Groups and Secret Plans

Me Gustas Tu?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my god," Jihoon breathed out after Wonwoo had told the shorter boy what happened with the new student.

The two boys were sitting across from eachother at their usual table in the cafeteria. They arrived at the table early as usual and were waiting for their other friends to arrive. Jihoon had insisted on the class president telling him everything, from who the new student was and what happened between him and Wonwoo. Since Wonwoo and Jihoon had known eachother for practically forever, the taller boy was well-accustomed to telling the pink haired boy pretty much everything and being shot down by the shorter's rude brutally honest remarks.

"What?" Wonwoo asked, slightly knitting his eyebrows together in confusion.

"You're so dumb. That new kid was pulling your leg- There's no country called Anyang in North America." Jihoon responded as he opened his lunchbox, not even looking up for the taller boy's reaction. "He used a freaking Gfriend line on you." 

"A what?"

"Gfriend? Me gustas tu?"

Wonwoo simply stared blankly back at Jihoon, as if the pink haired boy was speaking a different language to him. In fact, Jihoon was technecally speaking another language. Wonwoo wasn't exactly up to date with the new groups lately, the only girl group he knew was SNSD and he didn't even know all of the members' names.

"Oh, right. I keep forgetting you're kind of a loser," the shorter boy said as he pulled his phone and earbuds out from his back pocket. He tapped the screen a few times and then passed the phone over to Wonwoo, who took the phone and put an earbud into his ear.

Six girls appeared on the screen, wearing matching white dresses and dancing on a green field. They sang while dancing beautifully but with power at the same time, making Wonwoo wonder how the girls looked so flawless while dancing outside on a such a sunny day. For a minute he questioned why Jihoon was even showing him this video, but then he heard the lyrics sung by the girls.

Me gustas tu, gustas tu. Su tu tu ru I like you. Gustas tu..

Wonwoo shut his eyes in embarrassment and shoved the phone back at his best friend, pulling the earbud out shortly after. Mingyu was lying this whole time. He wasn't from North America, and he probably didn't speak Spanish either. The only thing Wonwoo knew was true about Mingyu- if what was even his real name- was that he liked Gfriend.

"Hey, you didn't even watch the dance break! If you prefer Oh My Girl over Gfriend you could have just told me," Jihoon pouted as he took his phone back.

Before he could even ask what "Oh My Girl" was, the class president simply shoved his face into his palms, quietly screaming into them. He was hoping this was all a nightmare and he didn't just completely embarrass himself in front of that new student.

"Hey guys! What's up-" a blond boy wearing a headband greeted before stopping himself as he saw Wonwoo. "Oh my god Wonwoo- Did Jihoon burn your face?" he screamed, putting his lunchbox down and getting ready to rush the taller boy to the school nurse.

"Calm down Soonyoung. I didn't do anything," Jihoon said to the blond boy, who sighed in relief. "Wonwoo's just dying because he made a fool out of himself in front of his crush."

"He's not my crush!" Wonwoo argued back, his cheeks heating up a bit but his friends couldn't tell since he was still hiding his face in his palms.

"Whatever, well if you want to impress the new kid you better start studying up on Gfriend," Jihoon responded.

Soonyoung's eyes lit up as soon as he heard the name of the girl group. "Gfriend? Oh my gosh, Wonwoo, don't tell me you don't know Gfriend," he asked in disbelief as he sat down next to Jihoon.

A tall boy with short black hair then sat across from Soonyoung and next to Wonwoo, his eyes lighting up as well. "Did someone say Gfriend?"

"Seokmin, Wonwoo doesn't know Gfriend. Can you believe that?" Soonyoung asked once again to the boy who just sat down.

Seokmin widened his eyes bit before softening his expression, noticing how Wonwoo didn't really seem in the mood for any more of this. 

"Hey Wonwoo, are you alright?" Unlike some of the others in their friend group, Seokmin was a bit more observant. He noticed that something probably happened earlier today, making Wonwoo feel down.

The class president sighed before taking a sip of water, giving the boy a lazy nod in responce. "I mean, I'm not great but I guess I'm alright."

Meanwhile, Jihoon and Soonyoung were in their own world, continuing their conversation on Gfriend.

"Who's your favorite? I like Yuju, her vocals are no joke," Jihoon asked the boy sitting next to him.

"I like Sowon. They're all really great at dancing, but her long legs just make her movements look smoother," Soonyoung replied, sliding his love for dancing into the statement. 

The two students continued, with Seokmin eventually joining the conversation. Wonwoo played with his food, not exactly in the mood to converse with the boys. He loved his friends, but sometimes they really got on his nerves. Well, at least they weren't talking about the new student anymore.

"Hey Wonwoo, your crush is coming," Jihoon told the boy sitting across from him, almost a bit too loudly. "Act natural."

"He's not my crush!" The class president argued once again before sitting up properly and nervously fixing his sleeves. He then took a quick look over his shoulder, where he saw the tall student walking into the cafeteria.

"Well then I'm guessing you won't mind if I invite him over," the pink haired boy responded rather devilishly, causing Wonwoo to widen his eyes and shake his arms.

"Jihoon, don't you dare," the class president said between gritted teeth.

He was too late. The short boy with pink hair was already waving his arm in the hair, catching the new student's attention. The tall boy smiled when he saw the shorter boy's arm, nodding as he began walking over to their table.

"I hate you," Wonwoo breathed out just before the new student made his way. The class president averted his gaze to avoid making eye contact with the boy.

"Hey,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter