Mingyu and the Lie

Me Gustas Tu?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're not from Korea, are you?" Wonwoo asked, this time talking a bit slower and giving the taller boy an unsure smile.

Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows together, unsure of what was going on.

"Well to answer your question," the class president began. "No, we don't all draw on our cheeks. My friend just decided to draw on my face while I was asleep.." The shorter boy's face flushed a bit when he realized that he just admitted to the new student that he fell asleep in class.

The taller boy still looked at the class president in confusion. 

"No, what i meant was: Is that some kind of weird school spirit thing you guys did in Pledis High?" Mingyu thought to himself. He brought his gaze back towards Wonwoo, who was nervously playing with the long ends of his sleeves, which covered his hands. The tall boy soon pulled his lips up into a slight smirk, realizing what was happening. "Well, it won't hurt to have some fun with him."

"Yup. I'm not from here," Mingyu said with a slight fake accent in his voice.

The class president then nodded and opened his mouth, making a silent "ah" in realization. 

"Wait, but I heard you were from Anyang? That's a pretty big city in Korea, isn't it?" Wonwoo asked, raising an eyebrow at Mingyu.

"Anyang.. is also the name of a small country in North America," Mingyu replied, making the lies up from the top of his head.

Wonwoo had never heard of that country before, so he simply nodded to avoid looking dumb in front of the transfer student. 

"Ah.. How could I forget?" Wonwoo said shakily as he nervously rubbed his nape. "We haven't learned much about North America.. I guess that's why I didn't realize right away."

Mingyu was about to burst out in tears and laughter at this point. The class president was dumb, but that was kinda cute.

"Well, let's begin the tour," the shorter boy said to break the brief moments of slightly awkward silence.

 

The two of them walked down the halls, with the class president telling the new student all about the school and showing where each of his classes were. Wonwoo made sure to walk ahead of the taller boy, partly because he wanted to avoid the Mingyu's gaze so he wouldn't get any more nervous.

After about twenty minutes, they finished the tour and Wonwoo mentally gave himself a pat on the back for managing not to stutter too much. Just then, Mingyu took a few steps forward to catch up with the class president and stand beside him. Their fingers just barely brushed against eachother, causing Wonwoo's cheeks to heat up a bit and his throat to become dry. Wonwoo decided to ignore what just happened by continuing to walk to their homeroom class.

They returned to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter