black bean sauce

black bean sauce

We’re going to die.” Joohyun cries of desperation break the tense silence. Her knees gives out, beginning to sob while Yonghwa tries to keep her quiet or they are going to get caught by people, or worse, the media; all their hard work at keeping their relationship would go down the drain.

“It’s right around here, trust me.” Yonghwa continues mopping around, not trusting himself either as all they have are their battery dead cell phones because somebody was confident that they would only need ten minutes to get chinese takeout. Evidently they spent half hour just finding the street to the street they were supposed to be on.

Joohyun still does not let go of the takeout box, mouth watering despite their rapidly beating hearts. “Why don’t we just eat it?”

She is opening the box before he even says anything because she knows him too well, he would reject the idea right away. “Sure, why not.” He replies, sitting down beside her in the middle of the hallway. “We’re going to find our hotel rooms, don’t worry.”

“Stop eating like that or you’re going to choke!”

“No, I’m-”

“I told you so!” He whacks the back of her head with the included napkin.

He passes her a bottle of water, laughing at her antics. Yonghwa continues filling her plate with fried dumplings, encouraging her to eat more despite her first few protests because the only thing she ate for the past five days was one salted cracker before she had to go on perform, faking pretty smiles and batted her eyelashes to every flashing camera like it had not hurt her in any single way. Sure, he gets the harsh criticism too, but there are always more horrible ways they could hurt a female performer especially one he learnt to love after finding out that what makes her feel better after a long way is a video of cats meowing throughout the entire five minute video.

“How’s the tour?”

She downs another dumpling, stopping to think about. “It never gets easier, I guess. I mean, I love performing, I appreciate every of my fan but it gets tiring for me mentally and emotionally. I don’t even know who I am after I remove the makeup, the costumes, the image the company gave me, not even asking for my own opinions.”

He nods in understanding, he wants to urge her to talk even further but he does not want to pressure her any further. He likes listening to her talk. How her eyebrows furrowing in confusion as she relents the things she read regarding the last performance where she almost out when she belted out each high note like it was her last.

“Will you ever give it up for anything in the world though?”

She breaks into a smile, a sincere one in the span of six months and six days, not that he was counting, who does that, right?

“No, because our fans like us being together.”

 

“You knew all along where our hotel rooms were?” Joohyun grits her teeth while Yoona, half- asleep trying to hold her down.

“You’re welcome, we’ll wake you guys up for breakfast, goodnight!” Yonghwa finishes his sentence in one breath before shutting the door and sprinting to his.