Her Little Notes

Her Little Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her Little Notes

 

Jiyeon’s POV

 

Honestly, for the past three years all of us changed little by little, grew up and settled our characters. After all the suffering each of us faced, I think Myungsoo oppa had it the toughest his whole life. It's not about his financial situation because he for sure was known for his family’s wealth. His struggle was his family. The people who put him down were his own parents, especially his father.

Making him do things without warning and Myungsoo obeying him. Making him a CEO, then taking him down. Stopping him from doing proper business and more … but that’s the bright side.

Imagine growing up with parents who are always busy with work. Getting home past midnight all the time and leaving early. Myungsoo oppa probably could barely see them, what's left to having conversations? He probably didn’t have anyone to share his concerns … but now things were different. He had Mino (for longer than me obviously), then I came in his life in the weirdest way possible, then my parents support him as well and other friends.

Two years ago my family, Myungsoo and a few other family friends (with a few shares) launched an entertainment company. With the trust of relatives and the public, in no time we got the recognition we wanted. Many people showed up to the auditions for idols, actors, comedians and etc. The company arranged great trainers as well.

My father being the CEO for two years with my mum being next to him, we managed to build a place for it in the industry. Myungsoo always helped, being my dad’s right hand. In the celebration of the second year anniversary of the company, my dad announced Myungsoo as the CEO. It was a surprise for both of us, but all of us knew he had the skills to guide the company to a better future. He deserved it.

Now, he was a CEO of the company for a whole year. My dad never regretted his decision. How could he? Myungsoo oppa gave his all to the company. He worked hard, some days more than usual, but never less. Other than meeting his friends (the same few people I mentioned before) he didn’t do much things not related to work.

Despite the blind dates that Mino and I set up for him (only 5 blind dates for 3 years, that’s not much), he refused meeting girls or having a girlfriend. So, me and Mino kind of made another plan … maybe it was Mission Impossible, but it was worth a shot.

Mission: make the workaholic fall in love.

But how can that happen if he sees nothing but work?

The odds were on our side… one day out of the blue, we found her… the perfect one for Myungsoo oppa. She got fired from her job, it was unfortunate for her, but for us It was the perfect opportunity.

Mino and I convinced her (with an amount of money) to work in our company as Myungsoo oppa’s personal assistant. We explained what kind of a person he is and how she should approach him.

The girl was beautiful and had some brain in her. she was going to fall in love with Myungsoo oppa and make him fall in love with her. I believed it will happen.

 

--/---

< No POV >

 

“Tell me, only one, simple reason why is my assistant the one who is leaving work?”  Myungsoo sighed. He crossed his arms as he watched the other workers bid their goodbyes to his assistant – MinJae.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo, don’t be so selfish. She got a lifetime opportunity. A good boss doesn’t stop his employees to improve their lives.” Mino said to him, while watching the workers from Myungsoo’s side.

“Of course I'm glad for MinJae that she got a good opportunity, but what am I going to do. A new assistant when we’re so busy at the moment. She’s just going to make things messy.” Myungsoo scoffed.

“No she won’t. I'm sure MinJae found the perfect new assistant for you. It can only take a few days for the to adjust to your tempo, because you’re a workaholic.” Mino teased. Myungsoo rolled his eyes.  “Hey, don’t be so grumpy. Just be happy for MinJae – she sacrificed her personal life to fit in this work.”

“Are you really sulking over MinJae leaving? Myungsoo oppa, please set her free and let her live a bit. She's in her twenties and you only overworked her.” Jiyeon approached Myungsoo and Mino and smiled brightly at them.

Myungsoo scoffed. “You too, Jiyeon-ah? Come on, I'm not that lucky to find an assistants as good as her.  Work can't be postponed.” He said.

Jiyeon pouted at him and bumped shoulders with him. “Myungsoo oppa, of course work can't be postponed if your life is filled with work. You even act up if we call you over dinners nowadays. I'm really disappointed and sad.”

Mino chuckled at Jiyeon’s attempt to act pitiful in front of Myungsoo. “Look at that poor girl, Myungsoo. She's sad because of you. Her Myungsoo oppa is ignoring her.” he .

Jiyeon chuckled and shot a glare at Mino.

“Wait until Hanbin wraps up his comeback promotions. She won’t even answer my calls then.” Myungsoo looked at Jiyeon.

“That’s not true. You never call anyways oppa. It's always me who’s calling.”

“Okay, enough of you two. You’re not even siblings, but act like such. It's even getting on my nerves and I actually have a younger sister.” Mino patted both of their backs.

“You’re jealous because SunYoung is busy right? You need to know she has her days as well.” Jiyeon smiled cheekily at Mino, teasing him comfortably.

“Look at you, little one. I'm not jealous at all. And all of you women have those days… as if I don’t know. I've been living and going through ‘those days’ and I can deal with it. It's just SunYoung likes being dramatic.” Mino sighed, helplessly. No matter how used to SunYoung he was, she made life tough for him but at the same time he liked it that way – it was entertaining.

“I'm going to tell her the exact words you just said.” Jiyeon smiled devilishly.

“Seriously, who is she hanging out with? She wasn’t like that when we first met her.” Mino said, pretending to be frightened.

“it's you who did this to her, Song Mino. Now, you are supposed to bear with her.” Myungsoo chuckled. At least when Jiyeon was around, the mood became brighter or else he would only think and live for his work.

“I'm not that horrible. Myungsoo oppa, why are you being like this?” Jiyeon pouted.

“It wasn’t me who taught her aegyo, don’t judge me Kim Myungsoo!” Mino defended himself.

“I don’t believe such words. I'm afraid, once again, it was your doing.” Myungsoo chuckled. But then again, he still worried over having a new assistant. To him, having a new assistant almost meant starting work from the beginning. He expected the worst.

 

--/---

 

“Good morning, sir.” Naeun greeted right after meeting eyes with an aged man, wearing a nice black suit. He was standing right next to a car, so she figured out he was the driver.

“Hello, young lady. You must be the new assistant.” He greeted her back.

Naeun smiled brightly and nodded her head. “Yes. My name is Son Naeun, it's really nice meeting you.” She said happily once again.

“Do you have the keys to go inside and prepare breakfast. Do you know what to do?” the driver asked her. he knew better than anyone how picky and strict Myungsoo was.

“Ah yes, I have the keys. I will go inside then, see you later.” She bowed before hurrying up inside the house. She quickly unlocked the door and got inside. Even from the outside, the house looked huge, but from the inside it was a whole another story.

“Son Naeun, don’t get distracted. Do your work, come on.” She cheered on herself. She placed her bags, necessary for her work, and found the kitchen. “A hardboiled egg, sugar free coffee,  a glass of freshly made green juice…” she carefully read through the notes she made about her new boss. “Ah, what kind of a man can have that for breakfast at that hour. It's barely 8 am.” She mumbled.

“ I need to have a good breakfast in order to go though the day.” A male voice suddenly said.

‘Ah, . It's him.’  Naeun thought. It was indeed him. No other than Kim Myungsoo – her new boss.

“Hello.” She turned and bowed to him. “I'm Son Naeun and I'm your new assistant. You can change your clothes and by the time you’re ready , your breakfast will be ready.” She said in one breath.

Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at her, looking at her suspiciously. “Are you sure you know what to do?” he asked her.

Naeun nodded her head eagerly. “Yes, boss. Your assistant, MinJae-ssi told me beforehand. I will do my best not to disappoint, boss.” She said loudly, obviously excited and filled with ‘fighting’ spirit in her.

Myungsoo eyed her up and down, then walked up the stairs to his room.

Naeun finally breathed in and out properly. “How can he looks so good? And he’s a boss in a company. He doesn’t look older either.. Woah.” she thought out loud. “Heck, Son Naeun, you have to prepare his breakfast. Do you want to get fired on your first day?” she talked to herself once again and started with the breakfast preparations.

By the time Naeun was ready with the breakfast, Myungsoo got ready and came down from his room. He checked the table that was prepared, then sat down.

Naeun waited for him to take a sip from the coffee and then said. “Shall I tell you the schedule for today?” she asked while holding on to the notebook. Myungsoo nodded and looked at her. “Yeah.. so..” Naeun mumbled and opened the notebook with shaking hands, obviously nervous around Myungsoo. “You have a meeting at 10 am about the debut of the new boy group, after that Park Jiyeon-ssi informed me she has reserved a lunch at 12 pm, in between I suppose you can check upon the trainees. After the lunch, at 3pm you have another meeting. So far this is the schedule, I will take notes in case something comes up.”

Myungsoo nodded and then took another sip of his coffee. “It's not really packed today.” He muttered. “Only that… you’re lucky today. Normally I have an appointment every hour at least and that definitely doesn’t involve meeting with my family.” He said looking at her.

“Yes, I understand.” Naeun said and closed the notebook, then stuffed in her bag. “You can eat in peace, I will wait in the car.” She said quietly and after bowing she left. “I didn’t know Park Jiyeon was her family … they don’t look much alike either..Must be plastic surgery.” She mumbled to herself while walking.

Myungsoo cleared his throat loudly. “You don’t need to be blood related to be family, Son Naeun-ssi. And plastic surgery? That was all you could think of?” he said without even turning to face her, but he was sure she stood in her place and heard it.

Naeun bit her lip and after letting out a sigh she just got out. ‘I need to break that habit of thinking out loud.’ She thought and got inside the car.

“Ahjussi, will it be rude if I ask you what kind of a relationship my boss and Park Jiyeon has? He said she was family, but they don’t really look alike and yeah…” Naeun turned to the driver and asked. She had met Park Jiyeon before even seeing her own boss and she was the same one who hired her to be an assistant.

The driver smiled at Naeun. “They are family, but not blood related. Myungsoo sees Jiyeon as her own sister and he is her bigger brother. Jiyeon is the person who helped Myungsoo a lot when he was struggling.”

Naeun wrinkled her nose. “I see… family you say. It only means they are really close.” She mumbled while looking down. Then she left the thoughts about Jiyeon and focused on something else… the fact that there was a time when her boss, Myungsoo was struggling. “Even though he was struggling… how can one have such a high position at that age.” She breathed out.

“Let’s go.” That moment Myungsoo got in the car and spoke to his driver. “Did you meet with my new assistant?”

“Yes, Myungsoo-ssi. We met this morning.”

 

--/---

 

“Myungsoo oppa.” Jiyeon walked in Myungsoo’s office and walked towards his seat. He got up and gave her a hug. “You’re not packed today so you have no reason to run away from this lunch.” She chuckled.

Myungsoo smiled at her. “I give up, really. I admit, you are really good at controlling things, including me. Where are we going then?” he .

Jiyeon gasped. “I'm not controlling you, oppa.” She defended herself. “The restaurant that’s in ten minutes from the company. I know you like it there and it's nearby. I'm not taking your work time anymore.” Jiyeon chuckled and patted his shoulder. “Plus, everyone is there already. SunYoung, Mino and Hanbin too. We’re missing only.”

Myungsoo sighed. “It's basically a double date, but you didn’t want to leave me out.”

“Myungsoo oppa, you know that’s not the case. Never ever!” Jiyeon pouted at him. She walked to the corner of the room to get his coat. “Here, wear it. They won’t wait forever.” She helped him wear the coat and dragged him out of the room.

Naeun on the meanwhile was watching them. Since her and Myungsoo’s rooms were right next to each other’s and it was glass that separated them. She immediately got out of her room after seeing Jiyeon drag Myungsoo out.

“Are you leaving for lunch?” she asked them. Her eyes noticed that Myungsoo had put Jiyeon’s had in the pocked of his coat. “Can I do something for you?”

Jiyeon smiled and shook her head. 

“I will definitely be back before the next appointment, rest until then or you can get to know the company. Ask anyone and they won’t mind to help you, Naeun-ssi.” He said and then looked at Jiyeon. “Let’s go, little one.” He smiled at her and then walked together.

Naeun looked after them. “Let's go, little one.” She mucked him. “How can he look so lovable now, but be an actual stone when he talks with me?”  she rolled her eyes.

“Hey newbie.” A young looking woman approached her. “I'm JiKyung. Welcome to the company.” She greeted her.

Naeun bowed to her. “My name is Naeun. Thank you, unnie?” she raised her eyebrow since she wasn’t sure if she can call her that way.

“It's fine. I don’t mind if people call me unnie, I'm pretty old yet look young. Anyways,  ask me anything you’re curious about.”

Naeun nodded, thinking if she can ask about Myungsoo and Jiyeon’s relationship.

“You're curious about Jiyeon-ssi?” JiKyung asked and then chuckled when she saw Naeun’s expression. “This company is basically hers.”

Naeun gasped. “Hers? How?” she asked loudly.

“It's her parents’ and Kim Myungsoo works here as the President. He became the President a year ago.” JiKyung said.

“I see.” Naeun mumbled, she was about to ask more, but JiKyung cut her off.

“I have work to do now, I will see you later, okay?”

“Okay.” Naeun sighed and walked inside her office. She had nothing to do. “If this company is basically Jiyeon’s … then she decided to make Myungsoo the boss. Maybe she has feelings for him and she wants to buy his heart… Then again from first glance Jiyeon-ssi looked so rich. No wonder.. I understand now. Myungsoo was nice to her because thanks to her he got this position. Woah, this happens in real life too.”

Yet again, Naeun was thinking out loud. “But how did she find me and ask me to be his assistant? She even paid me money to accept this work… She was the one who told me what the boss likes to have each day for breakfast..” she mumbled. “Did she buy me too?” she shouted.  Then she realized what she did and looked around herself. Thankfully no one had heard her.

“Whatever.. Son Naeun. Don’t bother your brain with such things. The important thing is that you can earn a good amount of money and look after your younger sister. You can finally do it by yourself. Don’t mess with other people’s businesses, because they’re obviously capable of destroying your life.”

 

--/---

 

“I definitely saw the way she looked at me.” Jiyeon giggled happily. “She obviously was amazed by Myungsoo oppa’s visuals. I'm sure the more time they spend together the closer they will become. I think she’s the right one.” Jiyeon spoke while smiling widely. Myungsoo had left to work and the rest of them were at Jiyeon’s place.

“Even though I like matchmaking … I wonder how will things become if they don’t work out?” SunYoung asked her.  “You're risking a lot in my opinion.”

Jiyeon pouted. “No.. not at all. Even if I do so, without risking you can't get the best out of life. I know they will work out, I can see it already. Naeun is a beauty and everything she does is so natural, I believe Myungsoo oppa will fall for her because of that.”

“You're still playing with people’s lives. I don’t approve it 100%, but I know your intentions so I don’t stop you.” Hanbin joined the conversation.

“Come on guys, don’t ruin our Jiyeon’s excitement. She knows Myungsoo a lot better than most of us  and I am on her side on this. If Myungsoo keeps on working like that he will get old and still don’t have someone who will love him and take care of him for the rest of his lives. I'm not saying that we won’t be there for him, but it's different. Can you imagine Jiyeon cooking him meals and then going back to her house with Hanbin? Myungsoo won’t like it at all.” Mino spoke. He definitely had his points.

“See? I'm doing it for him because it won’t happen with his own will. He doesn’t meet girls, he doesn’t give chances to anyone. So I made that chance, he can fall in love with her because he will have to see her and talk to her every day.”

 

--/---

 

“Ah, it's a good morning.” Naeun breathed out and stretched on her bed. She rubbed her eyes and then got a hold of her phone. She held it in front of her eyes and unlocked it. The time read 8 am. “8 am?!” she shouted and jumped out of her bed. “I'm so damn late..” she muttered, helplessly and opened her wardrobe. She wore whatever first caught her eyes and after grabbing her bag she left the house. She found a cab and got in it. After telling the destination she started doing her makeup.

“Thank you for driving fast.” Naeun thanked the taxi driver after paying and got out. Myungsoo’s driver was once again waiting next to the car. “Ahjussi, did the boss come home?” she questioned quietly, praying the answer was no.

“He got home about thirty minutes ago. Hurry up and go, he won’t be pleased.”

Naeun sulked quietly and walked inside with her head down. ‘What should I say? Should I make up an excuse? He won’t even care probably..’ she thought to herself. But her mind went blank when she saw Myungsoo standing in front of her. “Boss…”

Myungsoo crossed his arms, he was already ready to go to work. “No no it's alright. It's by time I should learn to cook for myself.” He said sarcastically. “Or wait a minute… you must have been too tired, since you’ve been working for exactly one day.”

Naeun didn’t even dare to meet his eyes. “I'm sorry, I overslept. It won’t happen ever again, I'm sorry, boss.” She mumbled.

“I hope so. Don’t prepare anything for today, it's already late anyways. Let's just go, you will tell me the schedule in my office.” Myungsoo said and grabbed his coat. Naeun hadn’t moved from her place, embarrassed. Myungsoo noticed it and walked towards her and leaned close to her face. “You are not moving?” he asked.

Naeun’s eyes grew bigger and she tried to back away from him. She stumbled on her own feet and lost her balance. Luckily, Myungsoo supported her from falling with placing his hand on her back and pulling her towards his body.

“You're clumsy too.” Myungsoo sighed, showing disappointment and let go of Naeun. “Let's just go. Ladies first.” He opened the door for her and waited. “I don’t have forever.” He said loudly and she finally moved her feet.

“Sorry.” She whispered while walking past him and hurried to the car.

 

--/---

 

“We’re going to see the trainees. Take notes every time I say something or the trainers note something about them. You can do that right?” Myungsoo said to Naeun while they were walking.

Naeun nodded her head lightly and didn’t say anything. ‘Does he think I'm stupid or something..’  she thought to herself and frowned after that.

“Don’t frown like that, it's not pretty at all.” Jiyeon whispered to Naeun after catching up them. Once Naeun looked at her, she smiled at her innocently and then walked to Myungsoo’s side. “Myungsoo oppa, I am coming again. I have my eyes on one of them.” She chuckled.

“I have my eyes on one of them.. bla bla..” Naeun mocked quietly. ‘Why is she always around him so much? She really must have bought him with money…’ she thought.

“Naeun-ssi, sit between me and Jiyeon. Take notes carefully from what she says and the names she mentions as well.” Myungsoo noted.

“Yes, boss.” She mumbled.

Jiyeon looked at Naeun and smiled. “How cute.”  She chuckled. “Kim Myungsoo, don’t be so strict with her, she's new.”

“Kim Myungsoo? Woah, what did I do wrong? I didn’t hear you call my name like that in a long while.” Myungsoo noticed and raised an eyebrow a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter