My World

My World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yong.. I'm pregnant..” Joohyun said. She looks nervous. Even she can't see Yonghwa's face.

They’re seating on the bench at park behind their school.

“The best joke that I ever heard, Hyun..” Yonghwa say as he is laughing so hard.

“I'm serious..” Joohyun stared his eyes.

“With who..?” Yonghwa looks panic.

“Do you think?? Who else?? WITH YOU RASCAL!!!” Joohyun can’t hold her emotions anymore.

 

Flash back

Yonghwa and Joohyun is the best friend since childhood. They went the same school since kindergarten. Their homes separated just three blocks. They went to school together. They are always playing together if they have free time. Yonghwa played at Joohyun's home almost every day and vice versa.

Yonghwa never forget went to Joohyun’s home after practicing basketball, even if only for a chat or had a dinner with her family.

They don’t have a lover during this time. They’re comfortable with their relationship. Yonghwa felt was enough to have Joohyun and vice versa. Joohyun feels enough to have Yonghwa. Until one day, when they’re at the last grade of high school, Joohyun met a boy when speech contest. She likes him at the first sight. His name is Myungsoo.

Joohyun feels how feelings of love that hasn’t she ever felt before. They are dating almost every day. Myungsoo waited her at the gate of her school patiently every day. They were eating, chatting, and watching a movie together.

Yonghwa felt Joohyun increasingly different day by day. They were rarely together. They never again come home together, even when he comes to her home, she not comes home yet and makes him disappointed.

Yonghwa vent his disappointment to Joohyun by dating one of the cheerleaders at his school. Her name is Dasom. Yonghwa actually didn’t like her but he was only pretending enjoying together with her if he met Joohyun. Joohyun feels upset because Yonghwa close with Dasom, the girl who she hated so much. Joohyun didn’t understand why Yonghwa doing this to her.

"Yong.. I want to talk with you." Joohyun approached Yonghwa who was having lunch with his friends in the cafeteria.

"Let's talk at the back yard." Yonghwa is walking away from his friends.

"Are you dating with Dasom?"

"It's none your business.." Yonghwa sat on the bench. He crossed his hands on his chest.

"You know that I hate her so much!" Joohyun shouted.

"It's you. NOT ME!" Yonghwa stood up.

"Why are you doing this to me?? Are you angry with me?" Joohyun stands facing him.

"Did I interfere your life? Did i forbid you to date with that nerd??" Yonghwa is shouting right in front of her face.

"So you're angry because I was close to Myungsoo??"

"No. it's not my problem. You can have a relationship with whoever you want." Yonghwa stared at her face. She looks glazed. Her tears seemed ready to fall any time.

"You can have a relationship with whoever you want too. I will not forbid you anymore. I'm sorry, Yong.." Joohyun turned her body and running quickly left him who still standing in the yard.

 

2 months ago..

Finally, the long-awaited day has arrived. They had graduated. Joohyun graduated with the highest grade in their school. Not surprising because since the first grade she known as the smartest student in their school. Contrary with her, Yonghwa known as a slacker student and he always got the lowest grade in their school.

Yonghwa and Joohyun like two people who don’t know each other recently. They only talk to each other if there’s something important to say, although Yonghwa wasn’t with Dasom and Joohyun wasn’t with Myungsoo anymore, but still there’s unresolved misunderstandings between them. Their friends had tried to make them as before, but failed. They’re so stubborn.

The Party that been prepared by the students started after formal graduation ceremony ended. They held the party in a hall at their school. They danced and laughed together. They look really enjoying their last moments together before they entered the university that they choose.

 

"Hyun..."

"Yong?"

Joohyun choose to be alone in their classroom. She sat on the chair where they sit as before.

"Why are you sitting here alone? Why don’t you enjoy the party?" Yonghwa is sitting beside her.

"It’s okay. I just want to be alone."

They are just silent.

"Hyun.. I'm sorry. Forgive me for I’m so childish lately.”

"This is not your fault. This is my fault." Joohyun stood up and get ready to walk out of class but he gripped her wrist quickly.

"Hyun.. Don’t you want our relationship as before? This is our last moments before i go to L.A, I want us to be like before. I want us to be best friend and no misunderstanding anymore." Yonghwa stands facing her. He cupped her cheeks.

She just staring his face without the words out of . Her heart is beating loudly. This is the first time she felt like this when she near with him.

"Hyun.. Please forgive me."

"I'm sorry, Yong .. I was wrong. I chose to be with Myungsoo and stay away from you, no wonder if you're mad at me."

"It's okay. We can forget everything. I'm glad we could come back as before. I miss my little best friend." Yonghwa chuckled as he ruffled her hair.

"YA!!" Joohyun hit his chest, but he grabbed her wrist and stared at her. She feels uncomfortable with that his stare.

"Hyun.." Yonghwa pulled her face make their faces so close even she can smell liquor from his mouth. He looks drunk a bit.

"Yong.. What do you want to do?" Joohyun increasingly panicked when his face closer.

He didn’t answer. He saw her eyes and her lips in turn. He is staring her who wore a knee-length pink dress and let she let her hair loose. She looked so beautiful even didn’t wearing heavy makeup like the other.

She walked backwards slowly, she tried to distance herself from him but his big steps made her trapped. She stopped her steps because her back against the wall behind her. She is getting frantic. She didn’t know what was in his mind. He pushed her body so she can’t breathe properly. He is increasingly staring at her hungrily.

"Yong.. Stop.. Awake! I’m your friend." Joohyun said plaintively but he seemed to ignore her.

"Jung Yonghwa.. Please let me go." Joohyun tried to break the grip of his hand on her wrist but failed. Yonghwa landed his lips on hers quickly. He is kissing her passionately. He is even forcing her to open using his tongue. At the first, she didn’t respond but she feels the kisses given by Yonghwa turned into a kiss filled with warmth at the last. She kissed him back.

"Hyun.." Yonghwa mumbled between their kisses.

"Yonghwa-yah.. What this means?" Joohyun pulled her lips and she holds his shoulder. Her heart is pounding.

Yonghwa didn’t answer, he just landed his lips on hers again. He kissed her again and this time more passionately. He her back up and down. Occasionally, he grabbed her and made her shocked.

She increasingly enjoyed the sensation that he gave. This is the first time she kissed someone. She never thought that her first kiss was with her best friend, her best friend who had 14 years with her. Best friend has she considers like her older brother.

Yonghwa ped her dress in hurry. Joohyun looks so nervous. She doesn’t understand why she didn’t reject what he did to her. She knows for sure that she also enjoyed.

Within seconds, he successfully opened her dress, she just wearing a pair of black underwear. He saw her perfect body from head toe. He was like a tiger who ready to pounce on his prey. He opened his pants and his boxer in hurry then he carried her and put her on the table. Without wasting time, he is entering his to hers. She moans in the pain. She is gripping his shoulder as he is pumping harder and deeper to hers. The first time she had , with her best friend since childhood. Jung Yonghwa.

 

One month ago..

Joohyun didn’t out of her room for two days. She just slept and buried herself under the blanket. She felt nausea, dizzy, and she vomited almost every morning recently.

She knew that something was wrong inside her body but she still wants to positive thinking. She didn’t want the things that she doesn’t want to happen.

Since that night, she and Yonghwa rarely met. Yonghwa is busy preparing for his departure to L.A, he dreams to enter Academy of basketball player that is very famous in the world was reached, and Joohyun, she was accepted at the Seoul University. She entered medical faculty through scholarships, so she was just waiting for the lecture begins. Their dream has been reached. Yonghwa wants to be an athlete and Joohyun want to be a surgeon.

But this past week she felt that her life would end. She was just cried all night long. She regretted what had happened between her and Yonghwa.

 

"Hyun..."

"Hi.. Tiffany, come in.." Joohyun sat leaning against the headboard.

"I brought your order." Tiffany gave little bundle into Joohyun’s hands.

"Thank you."

"Hyunnie.. Whatever will be you'll have to deal with it." Tiffany sat beside Joohyun and embraced her friend.

Joohyun wiped her tears. She walked into the bathroom. She takes 20 minutes in the bathroom while Tiffany waited frantically. She knocked the door but no reply from Joohyun.

"How??" Tiffany asked Joohyun who had just come out of the bathroom as holding a pregnancy test.

Joohyun didn’t answer. She just gave that pregnancy test to Tiffany. Tiffany shocked seeing the results. She stunned, she saw Joohyun is sitting on the floor near her bed.

"Hyunnie .." not much to be said by Tiffany. She just embraced Joohyun tightly. She knows that no one makes Joohyun quiet.

"What should I do now?" Joohyun began to crying.

"Tell to Yonghwa. However, he must be responsible. This is his child."

"But Yonghwa will go to L.A. what if he doesn’t want to be responsible?" Joohyun looks frustrated.

"The most important thing is you must tell to him. He must know everything. He also had to solve this problem." Tiffany tried to give strength to Joohyun.

 

1 week ago..

Joohyun still not informed about her pregnancy yet to Yonghwa. She only thought about this problem herself. She can’t imagine what would happen if her parents know that she was pregnant at her ages, she just 19 years. Joohyun is an only child. Her father so expect that she could be a famous surgeon in South Korea also in the world. Thinking about feelings of her parents increasingly makes her feel claustrophobic.

Tiffany and her friends who had pushed her to tell about her pregnancy to Yonghwa before he leave but Joohyun still shut . If she met Yonghwa she didn’t indicate that there’s a major problem that must be faced. She also didn’t indicate she was pregnant. She tried to be as usual in front of him.

Yonghwa increasingly busy preparing everything for his departure to L.A but he still took the time to went to her home every night.

"Hyun.. Are you okay? You look so pale." Yonghwa is sitting on the edge of the bed beside Joohyun as her forehead.

"I’m fine. I'm just exhausted." Joohyun answered as she climbed the bed and closed her body with blanket.

"Take a break. I'm going home." Yonghwa is her cheek.

"Yong .. What things make you can cancel your departure to L.A?" Joohyun asked when Yonghwa get ready to stand.

"Why are you asking like this?"

"Just answer me."

"Mmhh .. Nothing. Hyun.. You know, this is my dream since childhood."

"What if I were to ask you to cancel your departure?"

"Eiii Hyun.. Why are you like this? Of course you never do that, right? You know that this is my dream."

"What if I asked you to marry me? Do you want? Can you cancel your departure?" Her questions made Yonghwa surprised a bit.

"Hyun.. Are you kidding? This is not funny at all." Yonghwa chuckled.

"I'm serious." Joohyun shows her serious face.

"I will marry you 10 years later. As you wish, you want to get married when 29 years old, isn’t it?" Yonghwa laughed.

"Go home. Assume that I never said anything to you!" Joohyun cover her whole body with blanket.

"Hyun.. What's wrong with you? Why are you asking like this? Uh?" Yonghwa is holding her shoulder gently.

Joohyun didn’t answer.

"Ok. I’ll go home. We will talk again after you feel calmer. I think you're completely exhausted. Good night, Hyun.."

Joohyun could only shed the tears. Grateful for the blanket over her face so Yonghwa didn’t see her tears.

End Flash Back

 

“Yong.. I'm pregnant .." Joohyun said. She looks nervous. Even she can’t see Yonghwa's face.

They are seating on the bench at the park behind their school.

"The best joke that I've ever heard, Hyun.." Yong said as he laughing so hard.

"I'm serious.." Joohyun stared at his eyes.

"With who..?" Yonghwa looks panic.

"Do you think?? Who else?? WITH YOU RASCAL!!!" Joohyun can’t hold her emotions anymore.

"Me??"

"Do you forget what happened that night? In our class?? uh??"

"But how can you pregnant??"

"HOW?? You said HOW?? We made love without any PROTECTION!!!" Jooyun shouted loudly.

"Ssssttt… Everyone can hear your voice, Hyun.." Yonghwa put his finger on her lips. Joohyun looks so upset.

"What should we do now?" Joohyun is clenching her fingers. She tried to keep her temper.

Yonghwa was silent for a moment. He doesn’t know what he had to say and what he should do. Everything feels like a storm that comes suddenly.

"Say something, Yong.."

"Abort that child."

"YONG!!!" Joohyun turned her head quickly. She seemed not to believe that words come from his mouth, her best friend. A man who she knew so brave.

“We're still so young to get married and have a child, Hyun. Many dreams that we want to achieve. We can’t let this child born."

"I suppose you could give a better solution."

"I think this is the best solution. This is equally beneficial to us. Do you want to marry a man who you love, right? Do you want to marry a bad boy like me? I think no, right?? Your father doesn’t like me, I know it. I also know how your prince that you want, not me. I'm not a good man that you want. Let’s say what happened that night was a mistake. We can forget about it, Hyun.."

She feels so angry after hearing what he said. She can’t lie to herself that from bottom of her heart, there is a feeling of love for Yonghwa. Living together for more than 10 years has been to grow the seeds of love inside her heart.

"But this kid doesn’t wrong, Yong..” Joohyun said as she is her belly.

"That’s why that kid shouldn’t come into the world. That kid will be in trouble if still born into the world. That kid was born among the parents who didn’t love each other. It would be difficult for that kid to live comfortably like other children." Yonghwa knew that his words would make Joohyun hurt, but his heart is also so hurt, he had to kill his own child. He had no other choice.

She left him alone at the park. She ran towards the school gate quickly so he can’t catch her. Yonghwa just froze seeing Joohyun who had disappeared from his sight.

Yonghwa lowered his head. He wasn’t able to think properly. His mind is so messed up. His heart feels so pain especially when looked Joohyun cried.

‘Hyun.. Mianhe.. cheongmal Mianhe..’

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter