House of Horrors

All Hallows' Eve

“Nooooo! I don’t wanna! It’s too scary!” Five year old Daehyun holds onto the light pole, unwilling to let go. “You can’t make me! I don’t wanna die!”

“Come on, stupid. You’re not goanna die, scardey cat. Stop being all drama princess like.” Youngjae rolls his eyes at his brother, his hands at his hips.

“Dada.” Junhong wraps his fingers around his favorite Jonguppie hyung’s sleeve. “Dada. Hyunnie is scared.”

“Hyunnie won’t die.” Jongup walks over, as much as he can with Junhong hanging onto him, to his big brother. “Uppie protect Hyunnie.” He leans over and wraps his arms around Daehyun’s neck, standing on his tippy-toes. “Uppie protect Hyunnie.”

“Stop being a baby, Daedae. You’re the one who wanted to come.” Youngjae puffs up his cheeks and reaches out a hand. “Come on, scardey pants. I’ll even let you hold me hand.”

“No!”

Yongguk sighs and rubs his temples. “What now, Channie?”

“He’s not gonna go in so I’ll stay out here.” Himchan squats down next to the child. “Come her, Daehyun. I’ll stay out here with you, okay? We won’t go in.”

“Promise?” Daehyun looks doubtfully towards the man. “You not gonna lie and make me go in?” He trusts his papa, but the fear is strong too.

Ever since the incident with the swim instructor, Daehyun has been wary when it comes to things he fears. It’s been a year since then, but it doesn’t make it less frightening for him. The instructor had attended class drunk and threw Daehyun into the pool after all.

“Of course not. We didn’t make you go back to the center for swimming, right?”

“That’s ‘cause daddy punched the swim teacher and almost got everyone in trouble.”

“That’s his fault!” Youngjae sticks out his chest proudly. “No one picks on Daedae, but me! Daedae is my brother, no one else brother.”

Yongguk pats the child’s head. “It’s still not right to fight. What daddy did was wrong. Fighting is bad.” He teaches, smiling at the frown on Youngjae’s face.

“He should have pushed Daedae into the pool like a potato! Only I can do that! Daedae’s my potato!” The incident clearly still upsets the child. “He called Uppie stupid too! And always pinch Juju’s cheeks and make him cry.”

“Is that why Junhong always has red cheeks?” Himchan frowns at the new piece of information. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Don’t worry, papa.” Youngjae pats Himchan’s shoulder. “I gots revenge for Juju and Uppie. He make Juju and Uppie cry, I make him cry.”

“Youngjae.” Himchan turns to the child, his tone switching to parent scolding mode. “What did you do?”

Youngjae smiles widely. “I put hot sauce in his lotion.”

“Is that why he was screaming and running around that time?” Yongguk bends down to Youngjae’s eye level. “That’s not nice.”

Youngjae lets out a ‘hmph’, his lips pulling downwards. “It’s not my fault he decides to use all the lotion.” He turns to Yongguk with a frown. “Why is daddy mad when I make him cry for hurting Juju and Uppie, but daddy gets a kiss from papa when daddy punch him?”

Yongguk becomes speechless and Himchan gets flustered at the mention of this kiss. He had given the man a peck on his cheek, but he didn’t think the child would be watching.

“He’s a bad man!” Daehyun shouts, adding his thoughts. “He makes a lot of noonas cry. Jaejae only help them get revenge. I hope his poo don’t come out!”

“That’s not nice.” Himchan scolds, silently proud that they would protect each other despite the actions they take to do so.

“That’s not nice.”

“Don’t care. He was not nice first.”

“Okay, okay. That’s enough. We’re here to go into the haunted house. Daehyun can stay out here if he wants to.” Yongguk smiles at his pouty children. “Who wants to go with daddy?”

“Me, daddy, me I want to go with you, daddy.” Youngjae waves his arms excitedly

“Just Youngjae?” He notices the child grabbing his pant leg. “Do you want to go, Uppie? You want to come with Youngjae and daddy into the haunted house?”

“Daddy protect Uppie from monster?”

“Of course daddy will. Daddy don’t want the monsters to take Uppie away.”

“Papa will turn daddy into a skeleton if he loses Uppie to a monster.”

“Uppie go. Uppie go with Jaejae and daddy”

“Juju go with Dada.”

“Junhong, you’re too young for that. Maybe next year.” Himchan pulls the two year old over, concern about accidents inside or nightmares the child might have afterwards.

“No!” Junhong wiggles out of his grasp. “Juju go with Dada! Juju go with Dada!” He rushes towards Yongguk, hiding behind him away from Himchan.

“Don’t worry. I’ll carry him so he won’t get scared.” Yongguk comforts Himchan with a smile. “It’s a haunted house for kids. How bad can it be?”

“Monster won’t eat Juju?”

“Of course not, Junhong.” Himchan coos, pinching his cheeks. “You’re a very cute cherry tomato, but monsters are scared of daddies.”

“Angel Dada will save Juju from monsters.” Jongup reaches up to hold Junhong’s hands. “Uppie will defeat monsters.”

“I guess only Daehyun will stay out here then.”

“Don’t worry.” Yongguk glances at the child hiding behind Himchan. “Why don’t you take him to go get snacks? I’ll call you when we’re done.”

“Okay.” Himchan grabs Daehyun’s hand. “Come on, I saw an ice cream stand before. Let’s go get some.”

“Ice cream~!” Daehyung runs off excitedly.

“Daehyun! Come back here!” Himchan picks up his pace and follows after the child.

“No! Piggy Daehyunnie will eat all the ice cream.”

Yongguk watches as Daehyun squeals when Himchan sweeps him off the floor. “Let’s go, boys. There are monsters with candy waiting for us.”

The inside of the haunted house is dark, but not dark enough to scare the children who enter, just very dim. There is a creeping laughter and the walls are covered in fake spider webs and large plastic spiders. A scary skeleton stands in the corner.

“Hi!” The skeleton says, waving his hand. “Welcome to our haunted house. Please follow the arrows to get your candy. Have fun. Bye~!”

“Bye skeleton ahjusshi.” Jongup waves his hand at the man, his older holding onto Junhong’s smaller ones. “Say bye to the ahjusshi, Juju.”

“Bye.” Junhong mumbles into Yongguk’s chest.

Youngjae looks at the decoration in fascination. It’s all so cool in his eyes. He rushes over to the pile of hay and pumpkins, staring at the glow from the fake candle inside. He takes a piece of candy from the mouth of the bigger pumpkin next to it and heads off to the next attraction.

 “Look, Juju. It’s a pumpkin head person.” He waits for Yongguk to put Junhong down on the floor and pulls him over to the pumpkin. He reaches over to the pumpkin head, touching the mouth carved into it.

“No, Dada. He bite you.” Junhong tugs on his brother’s arm, pulling his hand away from the pumpkin’s mouth. He screams when the pumpkin suddenly chops down on Jongup’s finger. “Daddy! Pumpkin eat Dada!”

Yongguk walks over and prays the pumpkin off Jongup’s finger. “It’s just a toy.”

“DADDY!!” Youngjae’s voice rings out over the music. “DADDY!!”

“Sheesh.” Yongguk quickly pucks up Junhong. “Come on, Guppie. Let’s go find Jaejae.” Adjusting Junhong in his arms, he heads towards the scream.

A flicker catches Jongup’s eyes and he heads towards that direction, away from Yongguk. He finds a small passage and heads into it.

“Daddy!”

“What’s wrong?” Yongguk leans down with a frown. “Are you scared?”

“The pumpkin head took my candy.”

“It’s okay. He’s hungry. You can give it to him, right? Come on, let’s go.”

“But it’s Daedae’s favorite candy.”

“All candies are DaeDae’s favorite.”

“But, daddy~!”

“Yes?”

“I’m stuck.” He pulls back the cloak of his solider Mulan costume, revealing his foot caught in a fake bear trap. “My foot is stuck.”

“How can you save the country with your foot stuck?” he pulls the trap off, tossing it aside and away from the path.

“By luck.” Youngjae glances behind Yongguk. “Daddy?”

“What is it?” Yongguk looks up from fixing Youngjae’s boot.

“Where are Juju and Uppie?”

“Shi..take mushrooms!” Yongguk panics as the lack of children behind him. “Himchan’s going to kill me. Come on, Youngjae.” He grabs the child’s hand firmly. “Let’s go find your brothers before Papa finds out and turn daddy into a skeleton.”

Youngjae giggles and follows after, bouncy and jumping excitedly.

Alone in the dark, Jongup stares at the mummy in front of him, his eyes round and glossy. He watches as the mummy lifts up its arms, hovering them above him.

“I’m going to eat you.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m a mummy and mummies eat children like you.”

“Why?”

“Just because. Ooo~.”

“Is there a daddy?”

“Wha-? No. I’m a mummy, not a mommy.”

“What’s a mummy?”

“A mummy is a dead person wrapped in bandages.”

“If you’re dead, how can you move?” Jongup asks, his head full of curious questions. “And why are you wearing toilet paper? Are you a baby? Daddy says babies wear toilet paper.”

“Those are diapers, not toilet paper. And these are bandages.”

“Daddy said you use toilet paper to clean you after potty. Are you a big ?”

There’s a muffled laughter from a few feet away. “He just called you a big .” The voice whispers, covering up his snickers.

“Look, I’m just trying to scare you.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s a haunted house.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s Halloween.”

“Why?”

“Because… Why do you have so many questions?”

“Why not?”

“What?”

“I have to ask questions to be smart. Papa said so. That’s why Papa and Daddy are smart.” He lowers his gaze as the mummy bends down.

“You have two daddies?”

“Two are better than one.” Jongup pats the mummy’s side. “Don’t worry, Mr. Mummy. My papa and daddy won’t like you cuz you ugly.”

“Hey, I’m actually a very handsome guy.”

“DADA! DADA!”

“Sounds like another child is lost.” The mummy frowns as Jongup pushes his plastic pumpkin full of candy into his hands, running off.

“Juju? Where are you, Juju?”

“DADA! MONSTER!”

“I’m not a monster!” A tall werewolf appears with Junhong in his arm.

“Give me back my brother!”

“Who are you, kid?”

“Give him back! Or in the name of the moon, I shall punish you!”

“Dada!” Tears stream down the toddler’s face as he quickly runs over to Jongup, hiding behind him. “Scary.”

Jongup grimaces at the werewolf.

“What?”

Jongup turns around to the mummy, pointing his finger to the werewolf. “Toilet paper ahjusshi, why is the rug talking? Is it magic?”

The mysterious voice laughs again and a vampire steps out. “That’s cute.”

“Shut up, Jinyoung hyung.”

“I’m a mummy, not toilet paper.”

Jongup reaches over to the mummy, looking at the white cloth. “Here, Juju.” He pulls it over to Junhong.

The toddler pulls the cloth close and blows his nose. “”

“Hey, eh, eh. It’s not toilet paper.”

“Dada, where’s daddy? I want daddy.” Junhong rubs his eyes. “Let’s go.” He whines and tugs on Jongup’s arm.

“We have to go find out daddy now or papa will turn him into a skeleton.”

 “Okay. Be careful and don’t run into anymore monsters okay?” The mummy returns the pumpkin to Jongup, reaching into a plastic skull for candy. “Here.” He drops one in Jongup’s pumpkin, reaching over to hand the other to Junhong. “Here you go.”

“Say thank you, Juju.”

Junhong takes the candy and folds his hands on his stomach, bowing. “Thank you, toilet paper ahjusshi.” He quickly wraps his hand around Jongup’s again, sticking close.

Jongup wraps his fingers around his brother’s hand and leaves with a smile. “Bye toilet paper ahjusshi. Bye rug ahjusshi. Bye weird ahjusshi.”

“Bye~.” The three men wave their goodbyes as they watch the two brothers disappear around the corner. The encounter with the two is…interesting.

“Wait, why am I the weird ahjusshi?”

“Are least you’re not a rug, Jinyoung hyung.”

“Shut up, Yugyeom.”

The two children follow the arrows on the floor. Jongup keeps his hands with Junhong’s as they on giant lollipops the toilet paper ahjusshi gave them.

“Look, Dada. A witch.” Junhong looks up at the ‘witch’, standing on his toes to get a better look. “She pretty witch.” He lifts his bucket for the witch to drop in candy.

“Papa is more pretty.” Jongup pulls his brother away. “Come on, Juju. Let’s go see more. Maybe we can find another weird ahjusshi.”

“Bye pretty witch noona.” Junhong waves his lollipop at the witch.

The witch watches as the children leave, waving at them with a smile. “Cute.”

Himchan smiles at the hyper piglet, windering how he’s going to put the child to bed when he’s pumped full of sugar. Yongguk’s going to murder him.

“Faster, papa.” Daehyun runs away, waving his arms in the air. “Why you so slow!” he turns and takes off, heading towards the entrance of the haunted house.

Himchan’s attention is drawn towards screaming. He frowns at the group of mothers and their crying children. “Excuse me, what’s going on?”

An angry mother turns to him, a scowl on her face. “It’s ridiculous.  A bunch of people jumped out of nowhere and scared us. They didn’t care we had children with us.”

“Can you believe it?” Another asks, furious. “They’re saying that they don’t’ know anything about it. That they didn’t plan on scaring the children.”

“What are you talking about?” A young man, the manager, shouts. Upset at the nervous looking man next to him. “How can they get in? This is crazy.” He turns apologetically to the mothers. “I apologize for the scare. Please forgive us.”

The mothers grab their children and leaves hurriedly in a huff.

“What’s going on?” Himchan pushes pass an angry mother and approaches the podium where they manager is.

“I apologize. It seems a bunch of teenagers manage to sneak in and hide inside. They’re scaring the children. I’m afraid we’ll be closed until we can find them.”

“Himchan!” Yongguk bends over, huffing and puffing.

“What are you doing out here? Where are the kids?”

“A bunch of clowns jumped out of nowhere and Youngjae made a run for it. It was a mess. I couldn’t get to him when the other people start shoving and pushing me out. I don’t know which way he went. Jongup and Junhong are inside too.”

“Oh my god! How can you lose them?”

“Sorry.”

“Daddy? Papa?”

The two men turn around to come face to face with a werewolf holding a large bucket of candy. The man is staring at them with curiosity.

“Are you the parents of a tomato and an angel?”

“You’ve seen them? Where are they?” Himchan steps forward, flustered at the lost children. “Tell me. Tell me now.”

The werewolf backs up in fright.

“Yugyeom, where did you see them? Some teenagers are running around scaring the kids. We need to find them before they get hurt.”

“Please tell us where they are.” Yongguk speaks up, his fingers wrapped around Himchan’s wrist as a sign of comfort.

“The angel walked off with the tomato.” Yugyeom explains, completely confused and feeling guilty for having lost the two. “I found the tomato walking around by himself crying for Dada. When I approached him, he got scared and tried to run. I grabbed him before he got lost.”

“What happened then?” The young manager questions. “Where are they now?”

“I don’t know. I found the angel because I heard voices where Jinyoung hyung and Jaebum hyung are. They angel was there and the tomato called him Dada.”

“It’s Uppie and Junhong. They’re together.”

“Relax, Himchan.”

“I’ll relax when they’re found and I’ve skinned you alive!” He turns back to the werewolf. “Yu-Yugyeom-shi, did you see another child? There’s one more, a four year old.”

“Um, Himchan?”

“He’s a quiet child and dressed up as Mulan. Have you seen him?”

“Himchan?”

“Not now.” He brushes off Yongguk’s hand. “Please tell me you’ve seen him. Please.”

“Himchan.”

“WHAT?” Himchan screams, sending a wave of silence over them. “What’s so important that you have to say it now?”

“Where’s Daehyun?”

“What do you mean? He’s right he… Oh my god! I’ve lost Daehyun!”

“If you’re looking for a piglet, I saw him running inside when I was coming out and…”

The sound of static grabs their attention and the walkie-talkie beeps.

“Mark hyung. Ouch! Stop it!”

The manager grabs the device. “That’s wrong?”

“Jinyoung and I found the teens. They’re in section B.”

“Get away from Jaejae, you big meanie.”

“It’s Daehyun.” Himchan feels a wave of relief. They know where Daehyun is now.

“Daddy! I’m scared!”

“Stop scaring my Jaejae with your ugly face, you stupid clown.”

“Can you get here and…” The connection fizzles out and dies.

“We have to do something.” Himchan grips Yongguk’s hand tightly.

“Don’t worry. Daehyun’s with Youngjae, we just have to go find them now.”

“Yeah.”

“Watch the front, BamBam. No one can go in, we’re closed for now until further notice. And call Jackson for help.” Mark leads Yongguk and Himchan into the house with his walkie-talkie radio as BamBam does what he’s told. “Section B is that way. It’s Alice in Wonderland themed. Just go straight ahead. I’ll go turn on the lights.”

Himchan weaves through the dark hall, pushing the decorations out of his way and keeping his eyes on the speck of light in front. As he get closer, he can hear voices.

“Shut up kid or I’ll punch you!”

“I have a black belt in taekwondo!”

“I have a gold medal in kid punching. Get your over here!”

The house brightens as the lights came on. And right on time.

Himchan pushes himself forward, dashing into the room as the teen lunges at Daehyun.

Yongguk’s blood heats as a sobbing Youngjae, his costume torn and a cute on his face. He turns towards Daehyun in time to see the child throwing himself at the man, head first and straight into the man’s abdominal.

The teen falls, his breathe knock out of him from the head .

“Stay away from Jaejae!”

“You stupid little…”

Jongup rushes over and hits his giant lollipop on the teen’s head. “Leave Daedae alone!”

“Come here, you runt.” The teen grabs Jongup’s arm, pulling him forward.

“Let him go!” Himchan lands a strong kick to the teen’s temple, sending him flying.

“Papa!” Youngjae cries, wiping his tears away.

“Kick his , papa.” Daehyun puffs his chest out with pride. “You in trouble now! Papa won lots of trophies. You make Jaejae cry. Now papa is going to make you cry.”

Jongup rubs over with his lollipop raise over his head. “You big meanie.” He lets out a squeal and tumbles backwards at a kick to his chest.

Himchan lunges forward, slamming his boot into the teen’s chest. “I’ll kill you.” He threatens, pressing his foot down at the man.

“You okay, Uppie?” Yongguk pulls Jongup up, brushing off the dirt.

“Yes, daddy.”

Yongguk knows the child will need to be checked out. A bruise is certain and hopefully that’s the only mark on Jongup’s body. “Where’s Junhong? Isn’t he with you?”

“Juju is scared and hiding with the pretty witch noona.”

“Kick his , papa! Kick his !” Daehyun jumps around energetically, cheering his papa on. “Kick his ugly .”

Youngjae rushes over to Yongguk who meets him halfway, burying his face into his daddy’s chest. “Daddy.”

“It’s okay. Daddy and papa are here now. Shh… It’s okay.” He glances over at Himchan. “Stay here, okay?” He stands up and dashes over to Himchan, pulling him off the terrified teenager. “You’re really going to kill him. Stop it.”

“I’ll be doing the world a favor.”

“Youngjae’s hurt.” He gets the reaction he was aiming for and the man disappears pass him, going straight for Youngjae.

Turning from a furious tiger to a mother hen, Himchan rushes over to Youngjae. “Are you hurt anywhere? Did he hurt you? Are you okay?”

“Yes, Papa. Jaejae okay.”

“You’re bleeding. Does it hurt?”

Youngjae winces at the cut. “It’s the blood of my enemies, papa.”

“You’re a brave boy.” Himchan covers his face with kisses.

“What about me? I saved Jaejae.”

“Uppie save Jaejae too!”

“Yes, you’re all so brave.” Himchan covers them in kisses. “My precious babies.”

“Stop smothering them, Himchan.”

“I can’t breathe, papa.”

“Why? What’s wrong, Daehyun?”

“I can’t breathe. Papa is taking all the air. I’m breathless!”

“You little…” Himchan attacks the child with his fingers, sending the other into a laughing fit. “Where’s Junhong?”

“He’s safe with a staff member, it seems. A witch.”

“That’s gross.” The teenager clown remarks, drawing everyone’s attention. “You would have gotten all the babes if you didn’t like di…”

“Finish that sentence, I dare you.” Yongguk steps forward, cracking his knuckles. “Finish it and I’ll show you what it means to be a national representative of boxing.” He smirks at the cowering teen. “I punch as hard as my partner kicks.”

“Punch his face in!” Daehyun screams, his face puffing up in anger, like a puffer fish.

“Daddy.” Jongup tackles Yongguk’s leg in a hug. “Don’t make him more ugly.”

The teen is offended, but his body is still hurting from the kicks.

“Dada.” Junhong wiggles out of the arms around him, rushing over to Jongup. “Dada hurt? Dada fight monster?”

“Uppie not hurt. Papa come and kick monster !”

Three bodies tumbles into the room, struggling to sit up with their hands bound by zip ties. They grunt and wiggle to get up.

“Off with his head.” A two year old Queen of Hearts shouts from standing between a mummy and a vampire. “Off with his head!”

“Get over here.” A man dressed as a wizard grabs the victim of Himchan’s ferocious kicks and zip ties his wrists together. He tugs the man up and pushes him over to join his friends.

“Bad!” Junhong rushes over and slams his giant lollipop over the man’s head, shattering it into pieces. “Bad. Bad. Bad.” He continues to swipe at the man as Yongguk picks and pulls him away. He makes a last attempt and throws the candy at the man, hitting him in the eye.

“You little sh…”

“No!” Youngjae smacks the man with his plastic sword. “Leave Juju alone!”

“Leave Jaejae alone!” Daehyun kicks the man’s leg, stepping on him with his boots.

The two continues to attack the man, who can only let them hit him. It’s the kids or the kids’ parents and the children’s hits are a lot easier to tolerate.

Jongup buries his face in Himchan’s arm, laughing at how his brothers are being brave. “Kicks his ! Kick his !”

Daehyun shifts over and jabs his boot at the teen’s side. He shoves the man over and proceeds to ‘kick his ’.

“Stop it. Yah!” The teenager dodges another swipe of the giant lollipop. That thing is hard and dangerous to his head.

Youngjae giggles, realizing the clown isn’t so scary after all. He can be brave too, and it’s because he has a big brother that will run into a haunted house all by himself to save him.

“Off with his head!” A two year old Queen of Hearts rushes out, throwing a plastic rock at the teen. “Off with his head.”

“Behave.” The mummy grabs the young Queen of Heart’s hand, pulling him back. He sighs when the child breaks away, continuing his attack on the teenager.

The group of three bruised up teenagers keep quiet. They have enough bruises for one night. It’s the hyung’s fault anyways, for the mess they’re in. He should suffer his own punishment.

The attractions turns limp and lights turn off. The music grows quiet. The haunted house closes for the night and the doors are locked. The teenagers have been dealt with by the local police. The mothers who have been staying behind or returned for a reasonable explanation have gone to the police station, staying their complaints about the injuries to their children. The night’s over, but it’s a Halloween the children won’t forget.

“I apologize again.” Mark bows his head. “And thank you for helping us with the mess. Your children were very brave.” He smiles at the proud children. “I don’t know if they are everyone’s heroes, but their mine.”

“We understand. Don’t worry about it.” Himchan cuddles a sleeping Jongup close.

“Dada.” Junhong calls tiredly, his hands still tangled with Jongup’s. “Dada.” Being tired does not give him a good enough reason to be apart from his brother.

“Daddy, I want to play with baby Youngjae.” Daehyun whines, sad to see the two year old leave. He takes the child’s hand and rubs his fingers on the other’s small hand.

“Maybe next time, kid.” Jaebum pats Daehyun’s head. “He’s sleepy.” He bids goodbye to the parents and heads down the steps, adjusting the sleeping two year old Youngjae in his arms.

The other staff members leaves in the same direction, exhausted. Who would have thought teens would want to ruin Halloween for children?

“He has the same name as me, daddy.” Youngjae looks up with a sleepy smile. “And baby Youngjae is cute too.”

“Daehyun, stay close.” Himchan scolds, hurrying after the hyperactive piglet. “Stop it or I’ll take away your candy.”

“Yes, papa.” Daehyun returns to Himchan’s side, taking the man’s hand. “Did I do good today? I was good. Right, papa?”

“Yes, you were very brave and protected Youngjae. I’m proud of you.”

“Me too! I’m happy too!” Daehyun jumps up, reaching for Jongup’s hands.

“Daddy, I’m sleepy.”

“Just a little more, Youngjae. We’re going to be home soon.”

“I’m sleepy.”

“Let’s go to the park.” Himchan suggests tiredly. “We won’t be able to make it back at this rate. Just go and bring the car.”

“The park is too dangerous. There should be a café nearby. I’ll feel better knowing you’re indoors with the kids and safe.”

“Daddy~” Youngjae wails with his hands rubbing his eyes. “Sleepy~!”

“Come on, Youngjae. We’ll go to the café down the street so you can rest. Daddy will go home and get the car.”

Daehyun walks over to Youngjae and takes his hand, tugging him towards the café. “Come on, JaeJae. They have cake.”

Himchan shifts the sleeping Jongup in his arms, feeling his arm going numb from the weight. He walks through the doors opened for him. “Thanks.”

Yongguk follows Himchan, smiling at the happy Daehyun staring at the cakes and a sleepy Youngjae standing still, looking like he’s about to fall asleep.

Himchan slides into the couch against the wall, leaning heavily against the back. “Next year…no more haunted houses.”

 Yongguk places the sleeping Junhong on Himchan’s free lap, smiling when the toddler instinctively moves closer to Jongup.

“Daehyun, stop running around. Youngjae, come stay with papa.”

Youngjae climbs onto the couch, putting his bucket of candy on the table. He leans against Himchan’s side, his hand wrapping around Jongup.

“Daddy.”

“Shh!” Yongguk grabs a hold of Daehyun. “How many times do I have to tell you to stop running around? This isn’t home. Didn’t papa teach you to be polite at other people’s places?”

“Sorry, daddy.”

“Daddy is going home to get the car and come back, okay? You stay here and protect papa and your bothers. Don’t go anywhere and don’t run in here, understand? If the lady complains, no dessert for you for a month.”

“Yes daddy.” Daehyun scrunches up his lips. “All by myself?” He bats his eyes at his beloved daddy. “Maybe if I have cake, I’ll be braver and strong.”

“Daehyun.” Yongguk warns, but eventually gives in to the child’s pout. “Fine, only because you deserve it.” He heads over to order, smiling at the girl behind the counter. “Just one, Daehyun. Pick one.”

Daehyun presses his face against the window. “I want this one.”

“Add the cake to my bill please.” A young woman smiles and hands over the money.

“Who…?” Yongguk is answered by a shout from Daehyun.

“Pretty witch noona!”

“Hello, Daehyun.”

“Did you come to get cake? Is it good?”

“Noona’s here for tea.” She takes the small cake box and hands it to Daehyun. “For the hero of Halloween.”

Daehyun smiles brightly and takes the box. “Thank you, noona.”

“Thank you.” Yongguk rubs the back of his neck shyly. Pretty witch noona is pretty.

“Your little angel is right.” She comments with a smile, taking her tea from the counter. “Papa is prettier.” Wrapping her fingers around her tea, she turns to leave. “Good night and Happy Halloween.”

“Noona.” Daehyun wraps his fingers around her black dress, the remains of her costume. “Stay with me please? I don’t want to stay by myself.”

“Eh?” She glances towards Yongguk who smiles sheepishly.

“Daddy is going home to get the car and I have to stay here to protect papa and the babies from monsters. But I’m sleepy.”

“I’m sorry. Is it possible? He seems to be attached to you. I won’t be long, about fifteen minutes. I won’t force you to do it.”

“Noona is pretty and nice. She protected Juju when the ugly clown monster attacked.”

“Sure, I’ll wait.” She smiles at the hyper Daehyun.

“Thank you. I’ll be back as fast as I can.” Yongguk bows and leaves the children in her hands. If Daehyun trusts her, then why should he?

“Come on, let’s go sit down so you can eat your cake.”

“The cake is for Juju.”

“Juju?” She sits down across from Daehyun, putting her bag on the chair next to her.

“His name is Junhong and he’s out baby brother. We call him Juju because he can’t say is name yet. Juju is his baby name.”

“Really? That’s cute.”

“Yeah, and I’m Daedae. Youngjae is Jaejae and Jonguppie is Uppie. Juju calls him Dada because when he was small, Uppie would pretend to sing songs but he can’t sing because he’s a baby so he would go dadadada. Juju would laugh and then he called Uppie, Dada.”

Fifteen minutes later, Yongguk thanks Dora for her help, promising to thank her properly with a family dinner. He manages to exchange contact info with her, but not without being teased for asking her for it. Dora is pretty, prettier than the girl’s he’s seen, but his family is better. His face breaks into a smile at the scene.

Himchan is sleeping with his head resting on the two youngest children’s heads. On his right is Daehyun leaning on his side, small hands around the maknae on Himchan’s lap. On his left, Youngjae and Jongup mirrors the pose. On the man’s lap, Junhong has his tiny hand on Jongup’s, his forehead resting next to Jongup’s.

Yongguk pulls out his phone and captures the moment. “Happy Halloween.”

The drink Dora treats him is plain compared to the sweetness of his family.

Dora-shi,

This is Bang Yongguk. Do you have time next Saturday? Himchan and I want to invite you over for a homemade dinner. The kids would love to see you again. Please give me a call or text back. We’ll be waiting for your reply.

Bang Yongguk

Yongguk-shi,

That sounds lovely. I would be honored to join you for dinner. I’m a bit embarrassed to ask, but I just recently moved into the neighborhood and is unfamiliar with places. Would it be possible for you to pick me up? I’ll understand if you can’t.

Dora

Dora-shi,

It would be an honor to pick you up. Is 7pm okay with you?

Bang Yongguk

Yongguk-shi,

That would be fine. See you Saturday and 7pm.

Dora

 


Words: 5300

Pages: 16

Dates: 29 October 2015 - 1 November 2015

This is a lot smaller than the first one, but I hope you'll accept it. Is it cute? I hope so.

I hope no one minds the Got7 cameo. I had their songs on while writing it. Sorry. (Sorry for the cameo's Dora. But little Choi Youngjae as the Queen of Hearts)

Anyways, off to the next one! 

Next chapter: The Hunter and Hunted, Vampire and Vampire hunter starring BAP's Bang Yongguk and Kim Himchan