And so... We Meet Again

Till I See You Again

{PRESENT DAY}

 

A few days after Seokmin's first death anniversary, I walked to the cafe that I brought him to 4 years ago. The memories remained in that place but I was determined not to let it get to me this time. 

 

Taking a deep breath and closing my eyes, I stepped in confidently and ordered my usual Energy Booster, but the next sight shocked me more than I could imagine. 

 

"Good morning sir! How might I serve you today?" The boy flashed me a rectangular smile and he looked just like Seokmin. He was taller than me, had bright eyes and the same sharp features as Seokmin, except he wasn't wearing glasses or a red flannel. 

 

"Sir?" The voice spoke again and I snapped out of my daze, flustered at my actions. 

 

"O-oh," I stammered, "I-I would l-like the E-energy booster p-please." 

 

"Small, medium or large?" The guy replied as he tapped in the order at lightning speed. 

 

"Medium, thank you." 

 

"Cool," The guy said with his rectangular smile, "I love that drink too! And oh, are you from that band... SEVENTEEN?" He asked in a chirpy manner. 

 

"Y-yes, I a-am." I stammered again when I saw the guy smile. 

 

"Oh wow! Don't mind, I'll see if I have the time to talk to you! I love your music!" He replied in an animated fashion, "That'll be 5,600₩ please!" 

 

I gave him the change and after he did the counting, he only said, "Have a seat! I'll deliver your drink!" before moving onto the next customer. 

 

Ten minutes seemed to pass as if it had only been one minute and the boy had come back with two Energy Boosters in hand, "Here you go!" 

 

I took it with both hands and nodded in gratitude, as he took a seat opposite me and looked out to admire the beautiful scenery of Seoul's suburban district. Soon, we began to talk and we too had plenty in common, just like how Seokmin and I discovered and he was also from Gyeonggi-do, just like how Seokmin was. 

 

The only difference he had was that he could speak fluent english and did not need glasses to aid him with his eyesight. Indeed, they were alike; They looked the same, sounded the same and liked the same things! It was mind boggling, but I took it as it was. 

 

"Oh, I need to go soon! My shift's about to start!" He chugged down his drink before setting off in a hurried manner, adjusting his apron as he did so. 

 

"WAIT!" I called out and he stopped while I rushed over to him with my unfinished drink in hand. 

 

"Yes?" He looked up and gave me a wide eyed stare, not expecting me to run after him like that. 

 

"What's your name?" 

 

"Dokyeom! Lee Dokyeom!" He spoke with pride and pointed at his nametag in the most proud manner. 

 

"Will I see you again?" I asked curiously, not wanting to sound like an absolute creep. 

 

"Oh, of course! I need money for college, remember? Okay, I really need to fly!! I'll see you soon, I hope?" His voice laced with hope. 

 

"Yes, you will. I'm a regular so... yeah..." 

 

"Great! I'll see you again soon then! Goodbye!" 


Hello readers! :D 

Now, this marks the end of my first ever SEVENTEEN fanfiction, Till I See You Again :) I want to thank you guys for being so patient and supportive for this story! ^^ Indeed, it was a great story to write. :) For now, I will be taking a short hiatus before I resume my writing :) Do not worry, as there will be another fanfiction coming up very very very soon! ^^ Hence, keep your eyes peeled for that! :) I hope you guys enjoy the story as much as I enjoyed writing it! ^^ Subscribe and drop a comment in the comments below! :) Lastly, I hope you enjoy the final chapter! :D