Prologue

Till I See You Again

In loving memory of

Lee Seokmin

18 February 1997 - 20 November 2014

 

It had been one year since Seokmin had passed away. The atmosphere was solemn and everyone looked at the gravestone in silence, as if they were speaking to Seokmin in their minds. Tension was prevalent and despite the fact that some of us had cried enough last year, there was still the soft sounds of sniffles coming from Soonyoung and Jihoon. 

 

20th of November 2014. 

 

This was a date no one saw coming. Who would have thought SEVENTEEN's "Walking ray of sunshine" would have jumped off an overhead bridge over a busy highway? It was pretty crazy if you asked me, especially for a young, promising 17-year-old. He had a loving family, an amazing personality, and was well loved by many. Sometimes, it still baffled us why he would want to commit suicide despite the boy's promising future.

 

After a few more long minutes of silence, the members started to bow towards the gravestone and one by one, they took their leave. Some had left sunflowers on the ground and said a prayer. I, however, remained unmoving and stood rooted to the ground. 

 

Soon enough, I was the last one standing in front of his grave, with my vision blurring ever so slowly. I closed my eyes, trying my very best to accept the fact that he was gone but it was harder to do than to say. I clenched my lips together and balled my hands into fists, telling myself not to cry in front of Seokmin's grave. 

 

"Jisoo-ah, I'll take my leave. Hyung will bring the others to go for lunch and you can join us when you feel that you're ready." Seungcheol said in an assuring tone, taking one last look at Seokmin's grave before walking away slowly; His form becoming smaller with the distance.

 

Seeing Seungcheol leave was almost like a cue for me to break down in tears. My knees crumpled to the ground and the tears cascaded down my cheeks. At that moment, I had no idea what my feelings were anymore. It was filled with a mixture of hurt, jealousy, anger and relief. I was glad he got to take away his pain, away from the cruel world but I was sad that he seemed to have left us behind, without even giving us a second thought. 

 

"Seokmin ah, I miss you..." I thought, and the tears only continued to flow with more rigour this time. 

 

"I wished you could have told us what was going on. Who knows, maybe you could still be alive... Or maybe, we should have known to sense the change in you, to stop you from acting upon your hurt." 

 


Hi readers! :) 

This is indeed a short chapter to get this story going! :) Just a note, this fanfiction is written entirely in Joshua's point of view :) Do look out for the rest of the story coming out real soon! ^^ However, I hope you do enjoy this short chapter in the mean time! :) Do check out my other stories too! ^^ Don't forget to subscribe and feel free to comment in the comment box below! ^^