Day Where One's World Had Upside Down

Days of Ours
 
 

First thing Suzy did when getting the last text from Kai was, she got up from the couch, approaching the sink on the bathroom to wash her face. Prior to contemplating her own reflection on the mirror, she wondered why she worried about how messy appearance she had in house clothing out of the blue. Not to mention, she had helping Baekhyun with a little cooking and dishwashing earlier. Spraying some of the daisies fragrance all over her body, she later changed into a fresh cream sweater and releasing the hair bun. Because she only could think of how good Kai has looked when previously catching the wave from the adjacent window, and she never thought of he would look that good before. Or, he really was very good-looking but she never paid much attention to it.

Kai came into her loft around five minutes later, with the black jacket, white house shirt, and dark-colored bottom. All musky with a bit of minty and wild buds scent— that’s how he usually smells, fine and fresh, especially after bath— and it matters to her now. She could spot those four guys by how differently they perfumed, but unexpectedly this one was kind of much distinct, she knew something has improved.

“Hey,”

And that was how she sort of hated it. How could he act like there was nothing strange ever happened between them? Suzy spoke in her mind. She opened the door and he came in simply as usual. Eyeing her in flash, hands tucked into the outer pocket, then straightly crashed to her favorite red couch. In which she usually tagged along, sitting beside him. However, not this time though.

“Fancy a cup of hot chocolate?” She asked from the kitchen in rear, slanting her living space.

Kai turned around to lock his dark orbs on her, putting an arm as a support to keep up with her moves.

“What’s with you suddenly offer me drinks?”

“What?” She raised an eyebrow from where she was taking out the pouches and cups.

“You used to let me make my own—“

“Just because I want to make some and I think I would make double if you want, also,”

He was— mischievously— smirked on contrary of her frowns. “Okay.” He turned around to switch on the TV, yet he spoke again, “Don’t put any poison on mine.”

“Almost, if you keep rambling.”

He chuckled and later Suzy put the steaming cup on the coffee table right at his front, before she was taking a seat on the one seater, close to the couch’s other side.

“Why don’t you sit here?” Kai pointed the extensive space on her beloved settee. He could see her puckered brows while sipping the chocolate from the red cup.

“Don’t tell me what to do, it’s my place and I’m free to sit wherever I want to.”

Now, Kai was the one who frowned, “Why should you be angry?”

“I’m not.”

“Yes you are… You should hear how you talked.”

“Excuse you—“

“Are you on period?”

Her vigilant moves of snatching the remote control and switched to the music channel, was legit even without answering the question, he-knowingly-thought.

Yah…” He moved to other’s couch side— to them be nearer— grabbing onto the cup and seek the controller. “I’m watching the baseball,”

“But, I’m not.” She replied coldly and direct.

He sighed, then and there, “Fine, that’s not why I come for.”

Her face direction was not moving from the screen, even when he was keep looking.

“You know I like you.”

She flinched when he said that, but only glimpsed a bit, and then back again to the cooking show she just channeled.

“You, uh, we—” She faked a cough whilst shifting the position to finally facing him. “We’re here to talk about what happened with Baek—“

“Yeah right… How did he know?”

 

Excuse me, didn’t you just say you like me?

Suzy had that on mind since Kai was already being his stern self for the latest question.

 

“He guessed and it’s not totally my fault.”

“How so?” Kai held his sharp jawline with one palm, eyes not moving anywhere but her.

“Hello,” she smirked— utterly his style and how could she do that, he pried— replying the stare. “Because you were weird.”

“Can you name one of us that is not?”

“That’s not my point.” Suzy shook her head, “You were weirder.” In which, he had finally gotten what she meant— crashed the door then falling to the parquets, bumping the couch, even the aloofness when perceiving Suzy and Baekhyun— yeah, you can mention it. He formed an ‘o’ within his lips and she giggled, directing a forefinger to her own side crown, granting his understanding.

Kai was raising a palm, for a justification, kind of. “I have reason for that.”

She barely pursed the lips for him to carry on.

“Don’t act with your lips like that, or you want me to kiss you again?”

“Don’t. You. Dare.”

He laughed by what she reacted so straightforward, her eyes were widened and she felt like her ears were heating up. He continued then,

“I was jealous…”

Jealous?” She almost spurted a laugh. “You know Baek loves to joke around.”

“But not by making out, kissing with you kinda thing.”

She ogled him at that time, in advance to continue watching the TV program. She didn’t know what to talk furthermore. However, he did.

Yah,” he called her. “Is it just me or I feel like you really have nothing to communicate after what I told you on that night.”

“I talked to Baek,” she began to speak again and he seemed to be keen on. “I said I feel strange when you were, um—“ She felt like something stuck on , and played with the hair when about to say, “Kissing me—“ She couldn’t look at him.

“Bad strange or good strange?”

“I can’t believe I really talk to you about this.”

“Maybe,” Kai smiled, and it was not a teasing smirk like his typical. “It’s not just me that can talk over, probably everything to you, it is likewise.”

“Perhaps that’s right.” She agreed, hence looking at him. “You know, our friendship is so doomed if we’re keep talking about this.”

“Well,”

Suzy was keeping her orbs at Kai who was getting up after the single word came out. He approached where she was occupying the black and white seater, hands landing on its both armrest, no way for her to go. His face was then just a couple inches away from her.

“I’m intrigued to know that’s what I’m going to sacrifice for this, it’s really worth it.”

She palmed his very nearby face, when he was already all set to kiss her, again. Pushing away Kai’s fine built with all her might, Suzy tried to also hidden her reddened face. She yelled instead, “Go away! I need to… To, uh… I have some script reading to do!” The thumps within her ribcage were also something new then.

 

“Please, don’t be mad at me…”

Kai was a pile of sorry’s and apologetic being, all puppy-eyed when Suzy was shoving him to get out from her loft. They were already in the threshold, when he was turning around to beg time to talk over. His palms were keep being one when speaking to her,

“I’m sorry if you feel like I’m rushing on everything… I just want to ask you for a date— like what normal people does.“

“No, I’m not going. And as what you said, we’re not normal,” That’s the first in later minutes she ever looked at him. He could catch her crimson features, nonetheless. “I really, really, need long time to think about this and I don’t want to see you.”

“How about when we usually hang out on weekends?”

“That’s so much different story. I just don’t want to be alone with you.”

Wae??”

“Because it’s strange for us— urgh,”

“Hey,” Kai stopped Suzy of closing her door with his one sturdy arm. “You went with Chanyeol for a date, why not with me?”

“Because I can laughed at him about this, but I just can not with you! I want to know why!”

Actually, Kai has realized of how flushed Suzy’s face was  for quite long time when they discussed about the thing, and somehow it made him feels contented to. He lastly was letting her to shut the entrance.

“Wait,”

Most likely the nth time he also repudiated.

“What now?”

He could hear annoyance within her voice.

“I left something.”

“What?? I don’t see you bring anything—”

“I left my feelings…for you.”

Suzy hung her chin as if it was about to drop and Kai ran through the elevator, afore waving at her. Smirking whilst the double door were closed.

 


 

Nevertheless, Kai was keeping his words to let Suzy mind her own thoughts, focusing on his preparation for the audition he has worked hard for. Needless to say, he didn’t even bug her when they five of them were spending time in Baekhyun’s place. And not even the talkative petite one teased them he surely was a very good friend. And to conclude, it was the moment that Kai already dreamed about for the past few years. He just had this small hope, which he could see her, coming with miracle in that precise kind of day.

 


 

A/N: To all of you who demands me an update... Please enjoy ^.^v