Producer Wooshin

Tease

Wooshin's POV

"Boys, gather round!" Manager hyung called.

We stopped practice and rushed to gather around him.

"I have some good news for you. For your next album, the company has decided to let you try composing and producing."

A rustle of chatter broke the silence of the soundproof room, as we each grew excited at a chance to produce a song for the album. Such an opportunity usually didn't come easily, and it was akin to a gateway to going solo.

I glanced in Kuhn's general direction, knowing that he'd jump at the chance. Out of all of us, he was always the one raving on about how he wanted to try composing.

But in this situation, all of us were eager to give it a try.

I ears perked up at the idea of producing my own song, until I realized that I had never produced one myself before. It was a good opportunity, and I would have to miss it, such a pity.

But maybe there's hope. 

"Sunyoul-ah, could you do me a favor?"I slung an arm around his shoulders, grinning widely at him.

Sunyoul nodded with a hint of confusion, his eyebrows quirking up in question.

"What's up?"

"I was thinking, you've composed before, haven't you? I was wondering if you could teach me how to produce my own song."

"I'll be busy composing too so-"

I let lose my infamous killer aegyo and in two seconds I captured the poor guy's soul.

"Fine..."

~~~~~~~~~

"You press this to split the track, and this tab gives you all the after effects you can use, and..."

Sunyoul explained every button and function of the application to me, while I took notes on my iPad. I felt like I was in school all over again, but this time with something I'm ACTUALLY interested in.

He soon left after showing me the ropes and I was left to my own thoughts in the dim, silent room, consisting of only two huge monitors and some other musical equipment.

I whipped out an old notebook and flipped to the first page.

It was untitled and written in the sloppiest handwriting possible, but there on the first page was the first song I had ever written back in 2010. Bored from my ordinary school life, I had worked on writing a song in my free time, though never having a chance to turn it into an actual recorded song. 

With the new skills I obtained from Sunyoul's teachings, I started inputting all the written notes into the system, manually adding percussion and desired effects to the notes. Everything was coming together rather well, when I felt a hand in my shoulder.

Thinking it was Sunyoul checking in on me, I half heartedly said,

"Thanks for your help, but I really want to be alone to concentrate on this-"

While speaking, I turn in the rotating chair, only to be faced with a certain maknae. 

"Hyung told me you'd be in here so I came to keep you company."

I flashed a small smile at Xiao, but deep inside a thousand butterflies were having a dance party.

"Thanks, I've been here for..." I look over at the digital time displayed on the computer screen, but realized it was already getting late.

"Five hours, hyung. You should really take a break, you know. It's bad for your health, staring at a screen for so long."

I was so focused on the task at hand that I didn't notice how tired my eyes were getting. 

Xiao pulled up another chair and sat down next to me, looking at me in expectation.

"So, when did you start writing songs?"

I glanced at the half completed back track on the screen.

"It's just something I wrote a few years back. Of course, I never had the equipment to do anything with it."

Xiao nodded in understanding, studying the marked out notes on the open notebook.

"Can I listen?"

"But it's not done yet, it'll sound-"

"Please?" Xiao gave the cutest puppy eyes I'd ever seen in my life, which somehow hypnotized me into pressing the playback button.

A powerful base and a thick synthesizer started blasting from the high quality speakers, overwhelming the room. 

(A/N imagine something like BTS Tomorrow)

I looked at Xiao's face nervously, hoping for a good reaction.

His mouth was formed into a donut like shape and his eyes were even more enlarged than usual. 

He was just so cute I wished I could take picture, like I love him so much if only he knew I would friggin smother his face in kisses-

"Woah, I didn't know you could compose like this, Wooshin hyung!" Xiao gave me small round of applause while I sat there and sheepishly scratched the back of my mob of red hair.

"I'm sure PD-nim would love it! At least I do! Hyung is so awesome!" 

Compliment after compliment. With each and every sweet word that tumbled out of Xiao's mouth, my cheeks became more and more like two huge tomatoes.

Maybe I found my talent after all...

~~~~~~~~~~

I put some finishing touches to the back track, deciding to work on the main melody another day. Xiao sat at the side, occasionally frowning as he attempted to understand what was happening on the computer screens. 

"Hyung, it's getting late, we should be heading back to the dorms."

Just at that moment, it was like my brain agreed with him because I let out a yawn that was not unlike the growl of a wolf.

I had no other choice as I saved my work into a thumb drive -- which was a chibi version of Xiao I had designed and had made but no one knows it's actually him so shush -- and shut down the computers, with Xiao looking at me pointedly.

We leisurely made our way back to the dorms, which was a ten minute walk from the company building. 

The weather was relatively good, a cool breeze blowing my bangs out of my eyes and there were little to no clouds in the sky, giving way for the moon to shine in all its glory.

As much as I was enjoying the night air, I was also acutely aware of a certain someone's hand brushing against mine. 

Suddenly, Xiao grasped my hand and swung it back and forth, his smiling expression meeting mine of confusion.

I couldn't help but grin to myself as we strolled through the dark night, with only the stars bearing witness to our closeness.