one

little sweet things called crush

 

 

The bells ringing around the school’s ground, showed that the first two hours lessons has ended. The math teacher tidying his books and planner before go out from our class in hurry. I don’t know what is wrong with him today, but I swear, it is my first time seeing him doesn’t focus in teaching today. So, he gave us a lot of homework despite he lose his focus. I closed my practice book and walked out from the class, I got an hour break before another class starts this afternoon. I still got time to eat and do my homework. I glance at my watch and fastening my pace to the cafe.

 

“Juhyun!!” a voice screaming my name from afar and I don’t have to turn around to look who it was. It was only one person who would call me by that name. It was none other than Im Yoona.

 

“Juhyunnie!” she smacked my shoulder and leisurely hanging her arm around it. “Unnie,” I softly called out for her, embarrassed by the moment when every pairs of eyes were on us.  Why? Because both of us looked like The Beauty and The Beast! LOL, kidding. But, she’s a beauty. I mean, who wouldn’t awestruck at her on the first look?

 

“I’d asked you to wait for me this morning, no? And your ‘step-mother’ shooed me away when I called you in front of your house.” Yoona unnie whined cutely and I could imagine how she ‘called’ me in front of my house. Well, she’s maybe a beauty, but...

 

“Unnie, I knew you since we kid, and seriously, I knew very well how you looked like when you ‘called’ me. Please, don’t scream like a mad woman, calling out for me. My mother hated it.” I hate to admit as I’m feeling guilty, but there’s none I can do besides from remind her that my mother doesn’t like when she screamed like that. My mother isn’t a morning person, so she got quite a temper when someone disturbs her that- so- called precious sleep.

 

“Your new mother are such an annoying, Seo. How did your father end up with her?” Unnie once again pouted but I could only sighs. Well, I don’t know the whole story and my father never talk about it. Suddenly, he brought her back to our house and introduced her as my new mother.

 

“You know unnie, I don’t know too.” I shake my head as I helping myself bring a tray to the available seat in the cafeteria.

 

“Yeah of course, you’re so kind for God’s sake! That is why you didn’t rebel when your father brought her back.” Unnie reprimanded me, make me felt choke with her statement.

 

 

 

I’m finishing my homework at the library all alone because Yoona unnie said she has a date with a football player after lunch. Geez, she is so lucky! When I’m busy tittle-tattle by myself, a chair at the end of the table that I’m sitting had been pulled by someone. I keep my head up and peek over the person at the end of the table and bam!

 

Those dishevelled black hairs, those sleepy-tired eyes were reading something in a book. I’m hardly swallows my saliva and taking a long time even to put a pen back in my pencil case. Lord, why did he’s here?! I balls up my fist before standing up, making screech sound on the floor, but my sight only on the floor. I could feel that my cheeks burning in red hot right now. I walk pass him and I guess he must not even knew that I’m exist and always watching him from the sidewalk.

 

 

 

 

“Bye Yoongie! Him Yoong! Deer Yoong!” I see a baby face boy waved his hands at Yoona unnie frantically and all excited but Yoona unnie just sighs and said goodbye to him lazily. As usual, I’m waiting for Yoona unnie since my class ended earlier than her, and vice versa. Her face lit up when she saw me standing against the wall.

 

“Juhyun! God, sorry for taking your time. That Yoseobbie boy detained me from getting out from the class!” I smile and waved my hands in front of her. “No, no it’s okay. I don’t mind. So, let’s go?” I hook up our hands together and walking on the path with other students.

 

“Unnie, do you mind if we walk by the music room?” I biting my lips, scare if she rejects my offer but she suddenly nods her head and we both change the direction, towards the music room.

 

As we both walking by the path, there’s no one in there, not like before, when I’m walking by myself. I pout a bit and didn’t realize that we almost reach the front gate. I sigh secretly but unnie able to hear it.

 

“Wanting to see someone, yeah?” unnie wiggled her eyebrows towards me, making me blush for the second time today. “N-no... I’m not. What are you talking about?” I unhook my arm from her and walk faster to hide my embarrassment.

 

“Yah Seo Juhyun! I’m just joking! Wait for me!” Yoona unnie runs like a chicken in order to catch up with my fast footsteps. She blowing out air from her alligator mouth and kicking some small stone. I know, she wants my attention, that’s all. Well, I couldn’t blame her since she’s the youngest in her perfect little family. With two older brothers, a loving mother, a caring father, who won’t be spoilt if you’re the only princess in your family?

 

“Arasseo arasseo, I’m joking too. Yoong Gongju, I’m sorry.” I pull her shirt short sleeve, making her turns to me abruptly. “Gotcha!” She almost pounces on me if I didn’t prepare. Then she laughing hysterically, I sometimes didn’t understand what things were playing inside her mind. She’s normal, but sometimes...  she is too hyperactive, I think?

 

We both walking to our own houses while tell on each other story, mostly Yoona unnie because I didn’t have a story to brag about, other than my bored life, as well as my new mother. I realised that sometime my mother is a bit annoying, but I don’t know why Yoona unnie hated her so much. I mean, she never harm or harassing Yoona unnie right? So... nothing to hold grudge about that.  But Yoona unnie said I’m only goody-goody two shoes and she even said that I should hate my mother since she doesn’t like me even I’m good towards her.

 

“Meet you tomorrow! And I hope that I will meet the boy of your dream! Love you seororo!”

 

Yoona unnie jumping slightly while waves her hands. I smile warmly and wave her back before walking into ‘the’ house.

 

“Your friend quite enthusiastic.” A comment lands on my ear as soon as I place my shoe on the rack. I crack a small smile, as a good daughter that my mom always proud of, I don’t want to create any ruckus even I’m not the one who started it first.

 

“Thank you Mrs. Seo. Have you eaten?”

 

She coldly glares at me as her answer and I quickly going up to my bedroom. “WHAT THE HELL WITH THAT QUESTION WHEN YOU’RE COMING HOME LATE!!!” Yeah, here it goes again, my life with my new mother.