Letter 23

A Pen For Your Thoughts

Minho-oppa,

Annyeong! How was your Christmas and New Year's? ^^

I'm finally settled into my apartment and things are going very well! Also, in one of my jobs I got a promotion--so I don't need to work two jobs anymore. I'm going to save up really hard so I can go to an university and study abroad! I want to see different things and meet different people. Besides, my umma is moving to London and says I can stay with her anytime. I always did get along more with her than my appa...the divorce is finalized and my appa will stay here. My umma promised to treat me better and that she was sorry. She said things would be better now. She said she said things to me she never meant because she was angry with appa and she doesn't know how her family got down to this. She blamed herself. Oppa...she cried! She really did. So I felt sorry for her and I promised things will get better. She said she loved me for the first time in a long, oppa. That made me so happy!

 

She had money saved and kept hidden from appa. He would always use money to gamble or get drunk. Sometimes he would use money to buy expensive things--to make us happy, or so he thought. Umma and I never really wanted things. At least, I didn't. I just wanted us to be happy. Anyway, she kept some saved and is using that to go to London. She already managed to get a job over there similar to the job she has now. She's leaving tomorrow and asked me to stay. I told her I would join her soon but I'm happy with my job and apartment here. I thought about this for awhile and will study in London when I have enough money. It might take awhile, though...

 

Appa? Well, he hurt and abused me, oppa. The emotional pain was worse than the pyshical pain. I won't give up on having my appa in my life again, though. Like when I was little...

 

I thought about appa before I decided on London. He doesn't care about me. I love him, though, and I'll be sure to call him once in awhile.

 

I thought about other things, as well, oppa. I took me so long to answer your letter because I had to gather the courage to face my feelings and to admit them.

 

I love you, too, oppa. So much! You've been my happiness, my strength, my everything! Always have been ^^ You've changed me. Remember how I lied in the beginning about this being a pen-pal project? I lied to get what I wanted. I used to be different. I would be like appa sometimes, I would be depressed, hurt, sad, and you were my only happiness. So I did the thing that I thought would get you to talk with me.

 

You forgave me and I thank you. I still haven't quite forgiven myself but I'm trying, kekeke~ That was the old me and I've changed. You always saw the good in me and I thank you for that.

 

I hope I explained everything well and you get the general idea of what my life used to be like before these letters. Thank you for your patience with this long letter!

 

Now you know my future, too! ^^

 

I'm proud to say I love you, too, oppa! I'm so happy!

 

Love,

Sunmi-ah

P.S. In the last letter you said the scarf I made you was like having a part of me. Well, here's a strand of my hair in a necklace I bought for you with my first paycheck! You said my hair was nice, right? ^^

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! ^^

Sorry for taking so long to update this! Thank you for your patience with me <3 I wanted to update it so many times but things came up. Also, I didn't feel well emotionally and just couldn't write for awhile.

I think this is the longest letter, right? ^^

Thanks for sticking around!

xoxo

-T4L