Chapter Three

Past. Present. Future

Daehyun did spent more time figuring out what to wear. He indeed wanted to look best, Youngjae was right. He always is.

After trying on a couple of outfits, he ended up with a pair of dark jean pants, and a denim washed button up, rolling the sleeves up a little higher thinking  he can’t really go wrong with that style and most specially “Simplicity is beauty”. Daehyun put on a pair of shoes, grabbed his car key while humming happily. Today shall be a good day.

 

゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚

 

Daehyun arrived at the restaurant where they will meet. He thanked the waitress after he was led to their reserved table in the far east side of the place.

“Oh hello there, I was already plotting on how to murder you and make it look like an accident, but you came and you’re here now so the plan has been cancelled as of the moment.” Youngjae blurted out as soon as he saw him.

“Dammit Youngjae is that how you greet your friend?”

“You know I’m just joking!”

“Jokes are half-meant!!”

“Well, I may or may not do it. If you will not show up on my wedding, I WILL actually murder you” Youngjae said while holding his salad fork.

“Why would I ditch my best friend’s wedding huh? Besides that was a joke I said when you refused to help me with my math homework” Daehyun chuckled lightly. Youngjae has been annoying these past few weeks mainly because of his upcoming wedding, he is nervous and Daehyun understands. Youngjae has always been annoying anyway with his high level sassiness but nevertheless he loves his best friend no matter what.

“Of course, of course! I was only kidding. I love you Daehyunnie—”

“Ehem!” a fake cough coming from Youngjae’s fiancée. A tall, thin and pale-looking brat by the name of Junhong.

Daehyun held his hand high as if surrendering, while the brat Junhong jokingly gave him a deathly glare. He watched as the couple starts one of their never-ending bickering, amusement dancing in his eyes. Ahh they are so cute! He wanted to squish them every time they’re having this lovey dovey moment.

 

Daehyun let his eyes wander through the restaurant. The ambiance is cozy, old-fashioned style with its antique decors, not much diners, which they all prefer. The series of art decors on their side of the table are what caught his attention. It is a silhouette series where the first frame shows what seems like two people who are standing next to each other, the second shows them holding hands, the third silhouette is the two kissing, the fourth one shows the other one kneeling and seems like proposing, and the last frame show what looks like the other was kissing the others’ forehead.

He couldn’t help but smile at the series of silhouette art and the cute message it conveys…how sweethow beautiful love is!

He shot a glance at the couple in from of him, just in time to witness Junhong pecked Youngjae’s lips. “Ewww, I just lost my appetite!” he said dramatically at the two lovebirds. “Yeah right! Like it would really happen to you Jung Daehyun, the food monster!” Youngjae retorted, trying to mask his flushed appearance while Junhong is just smiling because how cute his Youngjae is!

Daehyun turned back his attention to the last frame hanging by the wall. When he was little he thought forehead kiss are only meant to show respect to elderly, the kiss you’ll give to your grandparents. He never thought it could be the sweetest kiss one could give or receive from the person they love, from their special someone…to the love of their life…in Daehyun’s case it’s none other than that certain someoneThat person.

“Yongguk” Daehyun thought as he let his mind wanders around the past. The moment they meet each other again after what feels like eternity.

 

゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚

“Daehyuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnn……..” there was a loud knock on his door. “Daehyun!! Wake up sleepy head, it’s already noon!”

Ha! Daehyun knew better! His mom has a habit of exaggerating things, specifically the hours. He opened his eyes lazily and looked at the wall clock. 10:04 AM. He groaned and tossed in bed, bringing his blanket over his head. Nope! It’s still THE morning. “Daehyun! Get up now and help me clean the house” loud knock again. He took one of his pillow and used it cover his ears.

“Jung Daehyun get up now or I swear I am not making anything for lunch!” Voila! That was a good threat! He stand up groggily and opened the door to his nagging mother.

“Seriously mom! I seldom visit here, and you disturbed my precious sleep, threatened to starve me and I will actually have to clean the house” he complained as he marched on to his bed.

“Yes you seldom visit here, means you seldom helped me with house chores. Now get moving, I have more things to do today”

Never argue with a Mom─woman! He made a mental note to himself.

But his Mom’s right. He seldom visits his hometown because he’s been trying hard to forget someone and seeing that person won’t really help him forget. He calls every day though to make sure his family are all right, and to assure them that he’s doing fine and not yet been killed by his heavy loads of assignments, research papers and projects.

“and by the way, can you do grocery shopping for me please, the list is on the kitchen counter. Your father took the car so I asked Yongguk to accompany you—He’ll drive you to the grocery store—”

“He’s here?! Y-Yongguk hyung is here?!” his heart hammered violently at the mention of the name.

“But of course honey, unlike you, he always visits his family….and help with the house chores and everything” his mother teased. “Besides, you two haven’t seen each other in long time, two years? Or almost three? It’s time to catch up with things you know” his mother gave him a knowing smile before she left his son’s room.

 


this chapter has been here for months, I forgot to un click the hide chapter box lol i'm so sorry!!!

I don't know what i'm doing, what i'm writing, I don't know anymore haha

but I will not abandon this fic, i'm just a lazy person