Chapter Two

Past. Present. Future

They became friends in an instant. Playing video games on a lazy afternoon, hanging out in the nearby café, strolling around the mall. Yongguk doesn’t seem to remember him though. Although it sent a pang to his heart, he did not brought it up, not even once. “Maybe he remembers, he just don’t want to talk about it,” he said to himself.

 

They talk about a lot of stuffs. Over time he discovered more about Yongguk. His likes and dislikes. His fears and strength. His favorite genre of music, favorite movies, his interests. His imperfections. Daehyun embraced them all. He knows he’s falling…falling deeply.

 

What he thought was a simple crush turns into something deeper. He just couldn’t stop his young heart from admiring him. As days passed by, his admiration towards Yongguk grew into much more he could even imagine. His heart is racing and beating fast and loud whenever he looks at him, “Can he hear them?”. His eyes sparkles while looking at him “Does he notice?”. The sound of his deep voice…his laughter is like music to his ears. When they accidentally bumped into each other, when their skin comes in contact while walking home in a steep road, to Daehyun it feels like his skins are burning. “Does he feel the same?” Yongguk’s presence near him makes him feel safe. Makes him feel special, yet makes him feel terrified. He’s falling….will Yongguk be there to catch him?

 

゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚

 

Daehyun was at his senior year in high school. He has been busy with school stuffs and everything, a bit thankful since as it’s a good distraction from his 24/7-think-about-Yongguk mind. He misses hanging out with the elder though. They’ve been both busy, Daehyun with his approaching graduation and Yongguk with his college life. They seldom see each other but when they do, it’ll be a long day with catching up with each other, chit chatting about almost everything. Almost everything, except their “love” life. Neither one of them brings up the topic.

 

Daehyun think it’s better to confess his feelings after he graduates.

 

So when the graduation day time came he was so nervous solely because of his planned confession towards the elder. His family decided to hold the celebration on their backyard. Family members were there, relatives, family’s friends but the person he wishes to see the most wasn’t there yet. Was he too busy that he neglected his graduation ceremony and his after party?

 

He was being dragged from one relative to the other. Talks about his college plans, which college/university is he planning to attend and such, which he politely answered. Although there are pretty good colleges outside their town, he will attend the nearby one because he doesn’t want to be away from his family….and Yongguk.

 

It was past midnight and all the visitors all went home, still no sign of Yongguk. Daehyun went outside to get some fresh air, and also hoping that he will see the elder. He was gazing at the stars in the sky when he heard the familiar sound of Yongguk’s car. His heart immediately beats faster, nervous smile appears as he waited for that one person he adores the most, for that person to hear what he has to say…for that person he loves…yes, love…to know and hopefully accepts his feelings.

 

Yongguk walks towards him, looked him straight in the eye then hugged him tight. Daehyun felt the others’ breath on his neck as he whispers “Congratulations…best friend.” His scent intoxicating him, his whole system wasn’t functioning right. His was in daze as he became speechless due to the close proximity of their bodies. Daehyun has many things to say, words he has been rehearsing for a long time to the man in front of him, to finally tell him how he feels…to confess his love, instead “Were you drinking?” was all he managed to say. He stepped back to take a proper look at the handsome face in front of him but before he could take another step backwards he was pulled by the waist and greeted by Yongguk’s warm and soft lips.

 

Daehyun felt his heart hammered against his chest as the elders arms wraps around him tightly. He always dreamed of being tightly embraced by Yongguk and feel his lips against his own. The feeling is beyond magical! Daehyun was in cloud nine! This is real?? Is this really happening? He could even taste the alcohol from the elders’ mouth.

 

Having no experience in kissing, Daehyun did not know what to do. He was about to respond in his own way when Yongguk broke the kiss. Shock and confusion can be seen in his eyes and something else that Daehyun can’t decipher.

 

“Hyung—”

 

“I’m sorry! I—ah,” Yongguk frowned and sigh “this shouldn’t happened, dammit! I’m so sorry Dae you should go in, it’s already late” with that, he disappeared out of Daehyun’s sight before he could even utter a single word.

 

゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚

 

It has been exactly one week since that night they shared their kiss. First kiss. A week of sleepless nights, of absent-minded days, and of Yongguk purposely avoiding him. Daehyun can’t stand it anymore, it bothers and it pains him that Yongguk is treating him this way after kissing him, so he decided to go visit the Bang’s residence to confront him. Mrs. Bang gladly let him in before she left to run some errands. Daehyun didn’t wait that long when he heard the soft click of the door. He got up from his seat, smiling even though he was nervous and walked toward the front door. Their eyes met but his smile immediately faded, steps becoming slow as he saw that person…the man he loves, with another person he wasn’t familiar, walking hand in hand.

 

Time seemed to stop. The world seemed to stop revolving. They were just staring into each other when the unfamiliar guy cleared his throat, and both of them snapped out of their trance. Yongguk then motioned his hands and introduced the man next to him. “Dae, this is Himchan…my boyfriend”. Ah, did he also forgot to speak? He can’t find his voice now, what happened? Was he dreaming? He’s having a nightmare right? Ah, perhaps it is indeed a nightmare! Yongguk can’t be in love with another man!

 

“Daehyun?”, Yongguk’s brows were furrowed.

 

“H-huh? Hyung…I—ah, congratulations! Hello Himchan h-hyung! I’m Daehyun” and what was that? Was that Himchan giving him a sympathetic look? Or was he mocking him?

 

Daehyun wants to cry…to run away…away from these people. Away from the people who are causing him so much pain, instead he just smiled, pretended he’s okay…as he always does.

 

Pretending he’s alright whenever Yongguk’s near him. Pretending he’s not bursting in happiness whenever Yongguk’s next to him smiling. Pretending he’s not sad whenever Yongguk had to leave his house after hours of playing video games. Pretending that the kiss they had shared was just part of his wild dream and imagination. Pretending he wasn’t hurting when he is actually dying inside. Yes, he is indeed a great pretender. A delusional and great pretender.

 

 

Daehyun’s visit from the past was broken when his phone rang. “Ya! Jung Daehyun!! Don’t you dare ditch us tonight or I will burn your house down and I will---”

 

“Yoo Youngjae! When did I ever ditch you?! Stop being a drama queen! Jeez! I’ll hang up since I have better things to do,”

 

“Yeah like looking for something to wear for the next couple of hours and being paranoid if you look ok? Good? Great? Daehyunnie, no need to look good for me ok? I love you the way you are”

 

“Shut up! And who said I’m trying to look good for you?”

 

“No need to hide it Daehyunnie. I know you love me”

 

“I hate you!”

 

“I love you too---”

 

He ended the call with an impish smile on his lips. They are always like that, teasing each other every chance they get. They met during college days when Daehyun decided to attend College far from his hometown to avoid a certain someone. Youngjae became his friend, his confidante and one of the most important person in his life.

 

 

 

 


I was planning to update once a week, but I will be busy for the next couple of weeks so I don't know when is the next update. That's why this chapter is longer than the first one. Thanks to all who subscribed, tbh I was just expecting less than 5 subscribers haha. I can't wait for B.A.P's comeback!!! XD