Chapter One

Past. Present. Future

"Goodbye August! Hello September!" Daehyun said to no one in particular while he flipped the calendar to the month of September. This month has always been his favorite, why? 'Cause it means autumn will finally arrive! Autumn means sweater,hoodies, warm blankets, hot chocolate! yay! "September be good to me"

 

"Ya! what did September ever done to you? why must you say "be good to me" like it only brings misfortune and troubles to you?" Daehyun remembers that person...that person who would react every time he would say a certain month with a "be good to me" next to it. Of course he would say it out loud when that person is nearby just so he could annoy him. That person. "Yongguk" Daehyun said again to no one in particular. He hasn't gone crazy right? Talking to himself alone isn't that normal right?

 

Ok, Daehyun won't lie, the main reason why he loves autumn more than any other season is because it's the season when he met him. When he first met him. Bang Yongguk. The person who made his heart skip a beat, made him laugh, and cry. That person. That man. Daehyun dived in bed and hugged his pillow. He closed his eyes as he started reminiscing everything about that person.

 

o(T3T)o

 

Going home from school was never Daehyun's favorite time of the day, no, not at all. He has to go around the block just to avoid some good-for-nothing group of bullies from the nearby High school. What did he even do to them to be threatened almost every day by those goon-looking High School kids anyway. He doesn't  have much money though. He was just a middle-schooler. His allowance all goes to food! To the best thing in the world, food! He was stopped from his thoughts when one of the bullies saw him. "Oh no! How did they know I go this way now?" He tried to run away but got caught by one of the bullies. "Get off me!" he tried to squirm away from the bully but failed to get away "I don't have money! Leave me alone!!" the bullies didn't listened, they only laughed at his useless attacks. "If we can't get anything from you then you know what will happen next right?" the ugliest one, whom he assume was the leader, said smirking at him. Daehyun shot his eyes closed, held his breath, and waited for the inevitable to come.

 

He didn't know what happened next, all he know was another voice came, unfamiliar one. He didn't hear what he head said or what they were saying, he was too terrified to know what was going on. All he saw was the bullies were running away like they saw a ghost or something.

 

"Are you alright?", his savior said. Eyeing him from head to toe, concern lacing in his eyes.

 

"Y-yes. T-thank you"

 

"No problem. Hopefully they won't bother you anymore. They're just kids from my school. ha, can't even take their own size", the guy chuckled before he placed his hands on Daehyun's shoulder "take care kid", and he left.

 

It took a while for Daehyun to process everything. "My Knight In Shining Armor" he mumbled to himself as he walks his way home, smile plastered on his face. "aaggh, I should have asked for his name", he sighed regretfully. He could still feel the warmth of his savior's hands on his shoulder against teh cool breeze of autumn wind. 

 

o(T3T)o

 

Their second meeting was Daehyun recall as truly unexpected. Of course he did not expect his knight in shining armor to just appear at the Jung's doorstep holding a tray of freshly baked cookies. Daehyun just stood there, stunned by the presence in front of him. He's now in high school. It has been more than a year since their first meeting happened. Yes, he was counting days and nights. He even thought that he will never get to see him again, but here he is flashing his smile, gummy smile, on their freaking doorstep! "Oh you must be our new neighbor", Mrs. Jung smiled sweetly "Daehyun don't just stand there and oh take the cookies from this sweet boy-----hello you must be Mrs. Bang". Daehyun did not even realized the woman next to his knight in shining armor.

 

Both families said their greetings and introduced themselves "...and this is my son Yongguk. My husband is at work right now but he sends his regards to all of  you. We hope we will be a good neighbor to your family" said Mrs. Bang.

 

Yongguk...Yong...guk...

 

"My knight in shining armor's name is Yongguk!!!!" Daehyun was practically screaming in delight in his head. Now he know that persons name.

 

Yongguk.

 

Bang Yongguk.

 

Now they are neighbors.

 

Even better.