HIM (Part I)

Let's Make A Bet

Hyeopjae Beach, Jeju-do.

 

“YAHOOOO!!!” Daesung yelled as he jumped into the cool ocean waves.

“You’re going to burst my eardrums hyung,” Seungri winced.

“Ya,” Daesung splashed water at him, “Don’t be such a spoil sport. It’s finally summer break. No more studying or schoolwork for the next few weeks.”

“Yeah, Ri,” Youngbae jumped into the water, “We’re in Jeju-do man. Cheer up.”

“Sorry,” he scratched his head, “I must have been too excited about this trip that I couldn’t sleep last night.”

“We know, we can see your dark circles still,” Seunghyun joked.

“You know what would wake you up?” Jiyong smirked.

“What?”

“THIS!” Jiyong exclaimed as he jumped onto the maknae’s back causing him to lose his balance and tumble forward into the cold saltwater.

After spending a considerable amount of time in the ocean, the boys decided to get out of the water and walk back to their belongings on the beach. Nestled under a few umbrellas, the boys relaxed and watched all of the other beach goers. The beach was filled with all sorts of people, ranging in age and race. There were families going on their summer family vacations, women sunbathing, and men trying to get lucky with those women.

All of a sudden a group of four gorgeous girls come into view as they settled under an umbrella about 20 feet from them. All four of the girls were completely different from the other, but somehow they fit together perfectly, balancing each other out. Only one though caught Jiyong’s eye.

The petite brunette girl carefully laid out her towel under the umbrella before setting down her bag. As if in slow motion, the girl removed her top and shorts, revealing a pink bikini. All of her curves were in the right places, although her thinness did make Jiyong scrunch his eyebrows a bit. Does this girl even eat? He thought. Raising an arm up, she removed the rubber band holding her pony tail causing gentle waves of dark brown hair to fall onto her shoulders, the dark brown contrasting against her pale skin. He watched as she reached for her phone and saw her face break out into a cute smile as she read the message on her phone. Something in his chest knotted as the thought of someone, maybe even her boyfriend, sending her a sweet message. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her. Her cute pink lips, chocolate brown eyes, little nose, everything about her was beautiful.

Seunghyun chuckled to himself as he watched his lovestruck friend. He glanced at the other guys and gave them a slight nod. “Something catch your eye Ji?” he said, making Jiyong come back to reality.

Turning over to his friend, Jiyong smiled sheepishly at getting caught, “Ha,” he let out a short laugh, “don’t you know it,” he glanced over at the brunette again.

“You should go over there and talk to them Ji. Hell, I’m surprised you aren’t already over there,” Seunghyun teased.

Jiyong smirked, “Yeah, I should,” he said as he stood up and brushed off the sand from his shorts.

“Wait,” Seunghyun called. Jiyong turned back and gave him a questioning look, “before you go, let’s make this interesting,” he said as he stood up. “let’s make a bet.”

“What kind of bet are you talking about hyung?” Jiyong asked intrigued.

“Hmmm,” he rubbed his chin thoughtfully, “ask her,” he pointed at the brunette, “out of the five of us, which one she prefers. And I’ll bet, no matter what you do, she won’t pick you.”

“Really hyung?” Jiyong looked at him with a look of disbelief, “Who can resist this?” he asked as he gestured to his body. He wasn’t the most muscular out of all of them, but he was still lean and muscular, plus the addition of his tattoos gave him a slight bad boy image.

Seunghyun shrugged, “It’s up to you, I bet that she won’t pick you.”

“What are the stakes?” he asked.

“$50, are you game Jiyong?” Seunghyun smirked mysteriously.

“You know I am,” he smirked back before sauntering over to the girls. Talking to a hot girl and getting $50, no bad Jiyong, not bad at all.

Slipping his pinky ring off, he walked over towards the girls’ umbrella. Stopping a few feet away, he bent over and pretended to pick something off the ground. “Um, excuse me, did any of you drop this?” he asked showing his ring.

“Um,” the blond girl look at her friends before turning back to him, “I don’t think so.”

“Ah, I see,” he nodded, “Hi, I’m Jiyong by the way. Kwon Jiyong,” he greeted as he looked at the brunette girl.

“Oh, um hi,” the blond girl replied awkwardly, “I’m Chaerin.”

“Hi, my name is Bom,” the red hair girl greeted.

“And my name is Minzy,” the black hair girl said happily.

Jiyong smiled and looked towards the brunette expectantly.

“Dara,” she smiled sweetly, “Park Dara.”

As if her smile was infectious, his own smile grew even larger, exposing his infamous gummy smile. “It’s nice to meet you all. Are you girls on university break too?” he asked as he took a seat.

Dara just laughed and let Minzy reply, “Yup! We’ve been planning this trip for months.”

“How long have you all been friends?” He asked.

“We’ve known each other since we were kids,” Bom smiled, “we’re best friends.”

“What about you?” Chaerin asked, “You can’t expect us to believe you came here by yourself to try and pick up girls. Where’s your partner in crime?” she teased.

He threw his head back in laughter, “You’re right,” he laughed, “I came with some friends, but don’t blame me. It’s hard not to want to approach such beautiful women,” he flashed a smile as he looked over at Dara again.

When he looked at her, he saw her pulling out a tube of sunblock out of her bag and a brilliant idea came to mind. There’s no way she would resist me, the bet is as good as won now. “Do you need help Dara-ssi? I can help put some sunblock on your back.”

She blushed and slightly nodded while the other girls giggled. Taking the sunblock in hand, he stood up and walked to her side, sitting down behind her with his legs on either side of hers. He gently moved her hair out of the way, but the moment his fingers touch her silky hair all he wanted to do was to endlessly run his fingers through it. “Your hair is really soft Dara-ssi,” he complimented as he squeezed some of the sunblock onto his hands.

“Thanks,” she blushed.

The second his skin touched hers, it was as if everything disappeared. All he could see was her. All he could feel was her. Skin to skin, he felt warmth lighting up his whole being. He gently rubbed the sunblock onto her shoulders and made his way down towards her shoulder blades. His eyes were immediately draw to the one obstruction on her back. One tug…he thought, one tug and it’d be gone, he shifted his eyes away from the string that held her bikini to her body before his thought could get out of hand. “First time to Jeju-do?” he asked trying to distract himself from the sparks he felt in his palms as he continued to rub the sunblock in.

“No,” she replied, “my family owns some property out here so we try to have a family trip here every year.”

“One of my friend’s also has a house here. That’s actually where we’re staying.”

“It must be beautiful,” she smiled.

“Everything here is beautiful,” he said, “But not as beautiful as you.”

She scrunched her nose, “Aigoo, so cheesy. Is that the best pick up line you have?”

He leaned forward, “Not even close,” he whispered into her ear.

“Are you done?” she quickly asked when she felt his hands stop moving and resting on her waist.

“Not yet,” he mumbled as he squeezed some more sunblock into his hands and rubbed it onto her lower back. “So,” he gulped, “my friends and I are trying to figure something out. Can you help us?’ he asked casually.

“What do you mean?” she turned around and faced him.

“You know guys and their pride,” he mumbled as he nervously ran his fingers through his hair, “we wanted to rank ourselves in terms of looks, so we’ve been asking people who they think is the most handsome out of the five of us.”

“And who’s leading?” she raised an eyebrow.

“I’ll tell you after you answer,” he winked.

“Where are your friends again?” she asked as she looked around.

“Over there,” he pointed, “they’re the ones gawking like complete idiots.”

She giggled, “Hmm,” she pondered, “You included?” she asked innocently.

“Yes,” his heart started to pound hard in anticipation.

Her eyes studied his face carefully. He watch her eyes look at him from top to bottom, lingering a little longer on his lips. Turning away from him, she looked over at his friends, inspecting each one of them. “Okay,” she nodded to herself before turning back to him.

“So?” he asked nervously. He could feel his hands, which were holding onto her waist again, starting to sweat out of nervousness. It’s me, right? Please.

“That one,” she pointed towards Daesung, “the one with the light brown hair and small, smiling eyes, and mmm that body,” she giggled as she looked at Daesung’s abs.

“W-what?!” he asked in surprise, “Daesung?” Not me??? I knew I should have started working out more! Wait maybe there’s still hope for me… “Who’s second then?” I have to be second, right? I mean, I just put sunblock all over her back, we’ve talked, we get along, there's definitely sparks flying between us. Please tell me I’m at least second.

“Mmm, second would have to be,” she looked into his eyes making his heart beat like crazy, “the cutie with the panda eyes.”

His eyes widened in surprise, SEUNGRI??? I understand Daesung, but Seungri??? Seungri over me??? He could feel the disappointment in his chest, but there was something else there too. Something that make him feel even more hurt that she didn’t pick him. Ignoring the feeling, he removed his hands from her, immediately missing the sensation that her skin brought his. “Ah, I see…” he said disheartened, “Um, I think my friends are calling me, I’ll see you around,” he excused himself awkwardly and left in shame.

“So?” Seunghyun smirked, “How’d it go?”

Without answering, Jiyong plopped down on his towel and retrieved his wallet. Pulling out $50, he quickly shoved it into Seunghyun’s hands. “Hmph, how would I know she had a thing for small eyes and panda eyes,” he pouted childishly.

“Small eyes?” Daesung and Youngbae both asked hopefully before looking at one another.

“So, who did she pick?” Seunghyun pressed.

“She ranked Daesung as the one she prefers!” he pouted as all of them broke out into laughter upon seeing Jiyong’s misery. “What’s worse is that she picked him as her second choice,” he said as he pointed at seungri.

“Ya! What is that supposed to mean???” Seungri frowned.

“Nothing,” Jiyong pouted, “Oh, hyung,” he looked over as Seunghyun, “didn’t you say your cousin was going to come meet up with us?”

“Oh, Noona is coming??” Seungri asked excitedly.

“Noona?” Jiyong echoed.

“Oh, I forgot you’re the only one who hasn’t met her Ji. She should be here soon,” Seunghyun replied.

“Noona is so pretty,” Seungri said dreamily.

“And nice,” Youngbae smiled.

“Don’t forget she’s super funny,” Daesung laughed.

Hmm, maybe this noona will take my mind off of Dara indirectly rejecting me, he thought, just the thought of Dara not picking him made his chest unexpectedly throb, I only just met her, why do I feel like this? “How come I’ve never met her before?”

“Ah, because she just got back from studying in America while you were studying abroad in Japan.”

“Ah,” Jiyong nodded in understanding.

“But don’t worry,” he smirked mysteriously, “she’s actually seen a photo of you and told me you’re exactly her type.”

“Really?” he smiled at the thought of a pretty noona fawning over him.

“Oh noona!” Seungri called out.

Jiyong’s eyes widened into saucers as he saw the woman approaching them.

“Fancy seeing you here Jiyongie,” she winked.

 

 

 

 


A/N: Sorry for not updating sooner!!! And since it was getting pretty long, I decided to split this story into 2/3 chapters! Anyways, I hope you liked part 1! Sorry if it's kind of boring >___<

Let me know what you think in the comment section below!

Subscribe, upvote, and comment please <3

Until Next Time! Pyong~