Chapter 3 - Last Chapter

MY WORLD AROUND YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taeyeon, Haeyeon, I’m back!” Tiffany’s voice boomed inside the apartment. She took of her heels and walk in with her hand bag and another bag that filled with snack that she bought from Jeju. She put down both in the coffee table before she took of her coat and place it down on couch.

“Taeyeon? Haeyeon?” She call again but still no respond. She frowning because it’s still 8 in the morning and there’s no way they are going out to somewhere.

“Ah maybe they still sleep.” She snap her fingers and went to Taeyeon’s room.

“Tae-“ she open the door and like what she predict both of them still in their deep slumber. She smile and cross her arms before she lean her body at the frame door. Her smiles slowly turn in to frown as she kept looking at them back and forth. Both of them were sleep in the same position. Both of their hands above their head and have their eyes also half open. They are just like twin with different size. They are really looks like. Even stranger will say that they are blood related. It didn’t make sense. Taeyeon stir a bit and change her position, turning her body to the right side with her right arm below her head. Not long after Haeyeon also change her position, exactly same with what Taeyeon do. They are just really looks alike. More clues slowly sip inside Tiffany’s conscious head and she quickly shook it away and place both of her hands in her head.

“No. I must be tired.” She smile to ease herself and take a deep breath.

“Fany? Is that you?” Tiffany look up and see Taeyeon sat down while rubbing her sleepy eyes.

“Hemmm? Ah yes it’s me.” Tiffany walk in and sat beside Taeyeon.

“How was your trip?” Taeyeon yawn and stretch her arms wide.

“Great. How about you?” Tiffany lean down to where her child sleep peacefully and play with her hair.

“Well like you saw yesterday, me and Yeonie had our fun.” Taeyeon smile  and scratch her head. Tiffany sat back and look at Taeyeon weirdly.

“Yeonie?” Taeyeon stop smiling and quickly look away.

“I…un…yeah I hope you don’t mind. It jus easy to call her like that. it just- I-“ Taeyeon stuttered. She can feel Tiffany grip at her shoulder and when she look back she saw that gorgeous eyesmile.

“That’s a cute nick name anyway. Thank you for taking care of my daughter Taetae.” Tiffany lean in and hug Taeyeon who slowly lift her arm and put it at her best friend’s back.

“Thank you Fany-ah. It’s nothing. I already consider her as my own daughter.” The last part just merely whisper and she is sure none could hear that.

“Taetae.” Tiffany rub her cheek at Taeyeon’s shoulder and turn to see her daughter while she still hugging her friend.

“here!” Taeyeon replay it with dorky way cause Tiffany chuckle a bit.

“Are you free this Sunday?”

“I’m all yours.”

“That’s great.” Tiffany pull away and smile at Taeyeon.

“It’s Haeyeon’s birthday and I’ll throw a little party for her. Dong Hae also coming too. We can invite Hyoyeon and Sunny too, maybe with Dr. Min if he can.” Taeyeon stare at her for a moment and nod her head.

“That would be great.”

---

“Yes Taeyeon he is looking at you.”

“Ow just shut- Sh*t he’s coming.” Both Taeyeon and Tiffany keep nudge each other for pass 10 minutes ago about a blonde hair guy who start to get closer to their table.

“Excuse me?” his voice came out gentle and not to forget his charming smile and perfect lips. Taeyeon was back facing him. closing her eyes while biting her lips. She take a peak and saw Tiffany hold her smile while signaling her to turn around. Taeyeon murmur about ‘I’ll get you later’ before she turn back and give that guy awkward smile.

“Y-Yes?” that guy was stunned for a moment. He can believe his eyes. from a far the women in front him was already beautiful but with this quite close distance, she just fantastic.

“Um…can I borrow the salt?” okey that just very stupid move for him.

“S-Salt? Oh..Uh-yeah here.” she grab the salt and hand it to him or actually she let her hand got catch by him. it seems like forever before Tiffany cough and that guy let go her hand immediately.

“I…will give this back to you later.” He wave the bottle a little before he turn around and walk away. Taeyeon immediately put her hand on her chest feel relief but tense again when she hear his voice.

“By the way.” He stop and turn to see Taeyeon who quickly sat up straight and stare at him with that big innocent eyes.

“I’m JunSu.” He flash a smile before go back to his seat. Tiffany who can’t hold any longer, burst in to laughter while clapping her hands.

“Thank’s Fany, you are not helping.” Taeyeon pouted and play with her food.

“But Tae, that’s really cute. oh Hyo and Sunny suppose to be here and I bet they are agree with me!” she point at Taeyeon.

“Oh whatever.”Taeyeon rolled her eyes. she secretly look at him again and she have to admitted that he is good looking. Junsu notice that someone staring at him cause him look around and meet taeyeon’s eyes. He nodded his head little cause Taeyeon nodded back quickly and turn her head away.

“You should go for him you know.” She hear the person beside her talk and without look at her, Taeyeon know she have this silly smirk ever.

“I’m not interest.”

“Oh Taetae, even the table know that he set his eyes on you. He is attracting, well-mannered, and holly he also blonde!” Tiffany gesture her hand toward where Junsu sat at.

“Oh Fany. I-I don’t know. It’s been a long time and I don’t know how it feels like and what to do.” yeah single for almost 8 years was really helping. Tiffany sighs. She was about to say something but stop it when a waiter came with rose and note in a tray.

“Excuse me for bothering you ladies. This rose is from the gentleman at table 6 and your lunch is on him.” the waiter put down the rose and bow to them. Taeyeon took the rose while Tiffany took the note.

“ ‘I hope you wouldn’t mind, because I already had my eyes on you. Let this rose be the witness of me and you.’ oh  Taetae this is horribly sweet! Omo I’m Jealous!” Taeyeon smell the rose and of course it smells like a rose. Why she even bother to smell it? She look up and saw Junsu lift his glass of wine to greet Taeyeon again.

“Hello? Ah really? Hemm okeey honey me and Taeyeon will be there in 10 minutes.” Tiffany put down her phone and tap at Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Stop day dreaming. They are there and we have to go now.” Tiffany grab her things and pull Taeyeon along with her. On their way out Tiffany stop in front of JunSu who already stare at them since they stand up from their seat. She place down a napkin on the table and push it toward him.

“Her name is Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon. Thank you for the lunch.” She make a call sign with her hand and wink at him. Taeyeon who still in her gasp could only let her jaw drop as they make their way out from the restaurant.

“Ya Fany, did you just-“

“Yes. I give him your number now start the car or we’re gonna be late.” Tiffany said casually while she put her seatbelt. Taeyeon stare at her in disbelief for 2minutes and Tiffany notice it.

“Wae?ah Palii~” Tiffany whined before Taeyeon sigh and shook her head.

“What I’m gonna to do with you?” she turn her engine and drove away. Not long after they arrive and went to new mall area that just couple blocks from where both of them had lunch.

“Mommy!” Haeyeon shout and run to Tiffany who already squat down and open her arm wide.

“happy birthday baby!” She hug and kiss her as much as she can. Haeyeon pull away and scrunch her face.

“Aw mommy…stop that.” she rub her cheek with the back of her hand, erase the stain of her mom’s lipstick.

“Hey pal.” Taeyeon greet her while holding a big teddy bear that bigger than herself.

“You made it!” haeyeon shout and look at the side of where Taeyeon’s head is.

“is that for me?” Taeyeon nod her head.

“Yeah this is for you, happy birthday!” Taeyeon put down that giant teddy bear and Haeyeon immediately hug it.

“Mommy look! Is bigger that you!” she said while sit down at the teddy’s lap. Tiffany only can smile before she look up and also smile at Taeyeon.

“Danshin 2~!” Taeyeon sigh and turn around. She hate being call danshin.

“Hey danshin 1, danshin 3, danshin 2 is here now what? stop playing this again. we are so close on 30.” Taeyeon pouted.

“Ya, you know we have advantage for being danshin and look at you! you just still look the same when we still collage.” Sunny point out. Taeyeon sat down beside Haeyeon, sulking while the girls giggle at her.

“Hey guys come the party is about to- Haeyeon, where did you get that?” Dong Hae went to the big Teddy bear and look at his wife for explanation.

“It’s-“

“It’s me.” Taeyeon answer it for her best friend. They held their gaze for a moment before Dong hae sigh and look down.

“Sorry Haeyeon but you can’t have this.” He was about to pull his child up but she refuse.

“Daddy no. please let me keep this.” She plead with her cute puppy eyes that even her mom can’t handle it but it won’t work when it comes to her daddy.

“Honey, is not that daddy don’t allow you to have this cute teddy bear but you know it’s not good for your health. It will hide dust and I’m afraid-“

“Your daddy is right.” Taeyeon sigh and squat down in front of Haeyeon. She can’t risk this cute little thing health.

“It will hide dust and that’s not healthy for you. I’ll take this back.” Haeyeon shook her head and hug her teddy tight.

“No. you give me this so this is mine!” she pout cutely. Taeyeon reach out and her hair lovingly.

“Ya, you already have bunch of dukoong that we bought together last time. forget this teddy bear and I’ll change it with…hemmmm…ah, what about eating patbingsoo that we got last time? I’ll tell that ajjushi to make us the biiiiiiiggggg one. what do you think?” Taeyeon end her speech after she make a big round gesture with both of her hands.

“Jinja?” Taeyeon nodded her head again. she just know she win this time.

“okey!” she said cheerfully and stood up.

“Ya, teddy bear, it’s nice to know you but sorry that uncle patbingsoo, I like more.” She smile apologetically and shake that Teddy bear’s hand.

“I’m sorry to make you worry. I promise this will not happen anymore.” Taeyeon bow her head little and look at Tiffany’s unreadable face.

“It’s okey Taeyeon-ah. Well let’s get inside shall we?”All of them went inside except Taeyeon who put her teddy bear back to her car first and then jog inside to join them. So far the party went well with everybody share their old time stories and memories. It seems like everything still so fresh in their mind. Schools, parties, lies toward their parents, first love, anything.

“And I just know he is the one.” everybody cheer as Tiffany lean in and give her husband sweet peck on cheek. Even Haeyeon cheer for them.

“Cha, let’s go Haeyeon-ah play with appa?” Haeyeon nodded and got lifted by her daddy and they go to change their clothes in to their comfy swimsuit. Yes they are at the restaurant that provide small water park inside just for fun. How cool this new restaurant can be? More it’s inside the mall so no worried for rain or sunburn.

“Woah you are indeed so lucky Fany-ah, look at that!” Hyoyeon exclaimed as she saw Dong Hae pull off his shirt reveal his prefect body that every women can’t stop staring at. Tiffany can only smile and feel proud of her husband. Four of them keep chatting and chatting until something caught Hyoyeon’s eyes again.

“Guys 4 o’clock.” All of them turn around and with slow motion, a man with blonde hair rose up from pool, reveal his fine abs and perfect face shape toward the surface, shaking his head from left to right before using both his hand to decrease amount of water that he brought up with him on his hair.

“I’m sure this is fate.” Three danshin turn to Tiffany who had her spark in her eyes.

“Taeyeon-ah~” Tiffany squeal while shaking her bestie.

“Aigoo Fany-ah stop shaking me. and what’s with fate thing? Everybody can be here. it’s new place anyway.” Taeyeon said as she continue to drink her mango punch while observing Haeyeon who play happily with her daddy. Sometimes she will look at where the girls seat and wave her hand toward them happily.

“oh Taeyeon-ssi?” all of them look up and froze. Taeyeon sigh silently and bow her head to greet the person who stood in front of her.

“ah, we meet again. I can’t belief this.” He smile charmingly. Using his towel he dried his hair a bit and smile. It was awkward there but Tiffany quickly snap her finger.

“Ah, I forget something, ya you two let’s go! Taeyeon we will be back okey?” Tiffany give them ‘that’ look and quickly drag them away, ignoring Taeyeon’s tugs and war with her clothes trying not to let them leave her alone with him but she was fail.

“Omo that guy is really something.” Sunny said dreamily as she look at Taeyeon and Junsu talk from the counter while drinking her milkshake.

“Stop day dreaming sunkyu, he is for you best friend.”Hyoyeon push Sunny’s head away and they start brickering but not once Tiffany care about them. her eyes were only set to the red Taeyeon. She should be happy that finally someone pass her nail and now he tried to get Taeyeon’s attention but why? what’s wrong with her? Tiffany feel weird. It’s too long for her to see someone around Taeyeon. The sudden feelings of loosing Taeyeon start to eat her and she is not happy with this new feelings.

“Ya Fany-ah, why are you looking at Taeyeon like that? you almost burn her alive.” Hyoyeon said cause Tiffany quickly tore her eyes from her best friend and look at her cousin instead.

“Huh?” feel dumbfounded hyoyeon sigh and shake her head.

“are you jealous?”

“Mwo?”

“jealous that Taeyeon get the guy that hotter than your husband?” hyoyoen laugh hard after she saw Tiffany’s face. it was priceless.

“eh? Aish this kid.” She slap Hyoyeon’s arm playfully and pout.

“It’s not like that. I just want to see her reaction. She…you know it’s been a long time since a man coming to her life.” Tiffany try to reason it.

“Ya Tiffany, you don’t know that Kim Taeyeon already have a boy friend?” Tiffany choke her own drink and quickly wipe it away from her chin.

“Mwo?!” Hyoyeon look at her weird and shake her head.

“tck, tck,tck, aigoo, look at this girl. How dare you to say that you are her best friend. Ya let me tell you. that guy who she speak with is her boyfriend.”

“correction, was.” Sunny in.

“what-but-how- I mean-“

“why she didn’t tell you? hemm why should she told you? she didn’t even told us first, oh actually it’s me who caught her- aiy, ya Lee Sunkyu don’t eat my cupcake!” she slap Sunny’s hand away cause the letter whimper like a puppy but Tiffany also didn’t care about that. her mind was too occupied with her blonde friend.

“Oh where are we.. ah so then she admitted they seeing each other for almost 2 year, hemmm one year after you move back to LA.”

“So they are still together?” Many question float out from Tiffany’s mind. If they are knowing each other, why they act like it was their first time to see each other? She felt betrayal from Taeyeon. She never keep secret from Taeyeon, she even told what she and Dong Hae doing when she visit at Jeju.

“Ah, puppy love.” Sunny said as she place her head on her palm and keep look at the blonde couple lovingly.

“I’m not sure, taeyeon never told us about her love life so me and Sunny decided to stay away until she want to talk about it. Maybe you should ask her and don’t forget to spare the news.”

“Aigoo, what a waste if they are not together anymore. that guy is hell rich! Ah Jun Su oppa~ I’m also short why don’t you just- ouch! Ya stop hitting me, I’m short already!” Sunny send her deadly glare to Hyoyeon but it didn’t affect her abit.

“Suit youself. Why don’t you just date that Shindong, he is rich too.” Both Hyoyeon and Sunny’s brickering slowly fade away with the rest of the noise. Tiffany was in her own mind again as she set her eyes on  Taeyeon and Junsu who talk casually. They laugh and sometimes Taeyeon would blush because of Junsu’s gentleman behavior. Finally, Junsu take his leave. It doesn’t matter because he got a call from his office or he didn’t aware of HellFany who keep staring with hot breath from her nose like a dragon or because Haeyeon and Dong Hae finally end their fun because what Tiffany want is explanation from her best friend.

Taeyeon was confuse. She keep changing her position but make sure she didn’t wake up Haeyeon. After the birthday party over, Tiffany suddenly turn in to ColdFany. She sigh and decided to go out and walk around and try to think about what she cause to made her friend ignoring her. her phone vibrate as she wear her jacket.

-ya Kim Taeyeon, out and talk-

That’s not request, but an order from her best friend. She sigh and open the door just to see Tiffany already wearing her heels. They make sure to close the front door carefully because they don’t want to wake Haeyeon and Dong Hae. Yes. Dong Hae stay a night before he back to Jeju with the last flight tomorrow. Tiffany keep walking and ignoring the person who try to catch up with her from behind. She try to keep herself in compose but even a glass have the limit, so was Tiffany. she stop abruptly cause Taeyeon bump at her and quickly step few backward to prevent herself from falling. She look up and gulp.

“Do you have something to tell me?” Tiffany said as she flooding her arms over her chest and held her head high.

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon ask puzzled. Tiffany snort and glare at her.

“Don’t act dumb Tae, don’t try my patient.” Tiffany know she shouldn’t be mad at Taeyeon, even Dong Hae already warn her because it’s up to Taeyeon who she wants to be with and she have no right to in her life but she can’t help it.

“But Fany, I don’t understand what you mean. Tell me what did I do wrong to you. I’m sorry okey?” Taeyeon plead. She didn’t even know why Tiffany suddenly act like this and she know something must hurt her bestfriend. Tiffany place her hand on her temple and took a deep breath before she look at Taeyeon.

“Why don’t you tell me that…. you know, Junsu?” Taeyeon froze. She can’t talk but her eyes never leave Tiffany’s.

“are you try to fool me Taeyeon? Why you guys act like it was your first time seeing each other, huh?”

“you just make me look like a fool! Ya Taeyeon, I’m your friend, we always share what we have and it still didn’t change but why-“ Tiffany stop abruptly and exhale hard. she try to breath normally before she face her friend again.

“I know that I shouldn’t in you love life but why you didn’t tell me about this? Am I… Am I not your best friend anymore?” Tiffany bite herlips and try hard not to break down. Did she just over react? This is what suppose to be when your closest friends hide something from you right? Heck Tiffany already considering Taeyeon as her sister so she has her rights to mad right? Taeyeon at the other hand don’t know what to do. she don’t know how to explain for Tiffany. should she be mad too? Didn’t she deserve her happiness too? Tiffany should be happy because she already found someone to take care of her right? Why she is mad? Was Junsu didn’t pass her nails? She think very hard and start to stack word by word to explain her situation for Tiffany.

“How can I tell you when I don’t even know where are you? Shouldn’t you be happy that I finally found someone to take care of me?” This time it’s Tiffany who can’t answer back that question. Taeyeon was so damn right about this. She didn’t leave her address at LA for her, she never call back to Taeyeon because she was too busy built her own happy family at there and now she just mad because Taeyeon tried built her own happiness?

“Taetae, I… you are right. I’m a bad friend to you.” she smile bitterly and look down at her own feet in shame. Taeyeon sigh she don’t want to see sulking Fany like this. She is not mad at her and she wonder why. she slowly approach her best friend and embrace her.

“I’m sorry Phany-ah. I should be telling you this but I don’t. I thought you are too busy at there to hear this kind thing from me. it’s not important thou-“

“It is.” Tiffany pull away and look at Taeyeon’s eyes.

“Everything about you is important to me. don’t you ever say that again or I’ll mad at you.” Taeyeon could only smile and pull her best friend in to a hug again.

“Arasso. Mianhe. From now I’ll tell you everything. Don’t mad at me now okey?”

“you better keep your words or else.” Tiffany buried her head in Taeyeon’s blonde locks, hiding her victory smile. She feel so stupid to pick this kind fight with taeyeon cause her embarrassed to the max.

“Junsu, I met him 4 years ago. He is very charming too me and its look like what you see at the restaurant this morning how we met. That’s very stupid you know but minus telling my name and phone number thing.” Tiffany chuckle in Taeyeon’s embrace and continue t listen the story.

“I finally accept his offer to lunch together and that’s how we end up dating.” Taeyeon smile, remembered how their sweets time back there.

“But, I decided to end our relationship.”  Tiffany pull away and look at taeyeon who smile sadly at her.

“He have to go back to Paris because of his dad, you know just like the drama. I don’t know that we’ll meet again and it’s me who request that we’ll start from zero again when we meet and to my surprise he did it.” Tiffany look at her apologetic. Her friend must be sad because she told her sad story after she tried to avoid for years. She feel bad, really bad but funnily happy at the same time.

“There. I told you everything, now don’t mad at me anymore okey?” Taeyeon flash her dorky grin that tiffany never tired of cause the letter smile along.

“Arasso, thank you Taetae. Thank you for sharing with me.” she lean in and gave taeyeon soft pecks on her cheek cause taeyeon blush.

“ah, it’s getting cold, let’s go back shall we?” Taeyeon awkwardly turn around and walk away. Tiffany giggle upon seeing this side from Taeyeon. She didn’t missed that pink flesh on her cheek.

“Ya Taetae wait! You didn’t tell me about what are you guys talking about today!” Tiffany half shouting as she chase her shy friend.

---

Morning and they are fine like nothing happen. Taeyeon felt relief that Tiffany don’t mad at her again although she find if a bit ridiculous that they are actually fighting because of a man who was a part of Taeyeon’s past. Taeyeon and Junsu decided that they are just friends now beside he already has a fiancé. It kind a sad that Taeyeon didn’t follow him to Paris like what he wish too but that’s not the matter anymore. he love his fiancé and Taeyeon just love her job, well plus her sunbae who make her day faster than usual because they can bring a laugh for the workers and family. She sometimes think why everybody happy above her suffering. Today Dong Hae decided to go to have a bond with his family for the last time before he go back to jeju and all of place, he choose out door sport.

 

“Don’t be afraid, it will be fun, trust me.” Haeyeon still looking up not uttering any words since she arrived here. Yesterday was her best birthday she ever get from her parents but right now?

“Are you sure this is save?” Taeyeon asked as she too, also looking up at the wall and gulping hard.

“Yes Taeyeon. The professional will help us.” Tiffany said as she watch Haeyeon wear her safety tools and got help by her husband.

“it’s quite high thought.” Taeyeon said and look down to saw Haeyeon’s eyes. bit frighten.

“Can I-“

“listen you already done this before and just like how you climb the pools back at state, you can do this. It’s easy. Okey?” Dong Hae assure his child that nothing have to be afraid of. Haeyeon look up and see her mother cheer her while Taeyeon look at her with frown.

“Wooo, Haeyeon you can do it.” Tiffany clap her hand and quickly nudge Taeyeon cause her also claps her hands in reflex.

“Y-Yeah, it will be alright.” She gave an assuring smile to Haeyeon and there she go to the bottom of the wall.

“That’s it my girl you can do it!” Donghae give her cheer as she start to climb up slowly.

“Why you guys make her do this kind of sport. Shouldn’t she playing doll like the other girls?” Taeyeon frown and she can never understand.

“This is how I taught my daughter to make her be brave. Beside it lessen her phobia, it also make her healthy.” Dong hae said as he keep clapping his hands.

“but I think we still can have something to afraid of.”

“Daddy, I can’t go a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter