Final: Forever with You

Oneshot: Forever with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I miss him. I finally have the courage to admit to that fact. I went through a lot during these six years of my life. Six years… six years of loneliness… six years of unpleasant changes… six years of regrets… six years since I fell in love… six years since I last saw him… six years of nothing, just emptiness. Honesty, I knew nothing about him… well, a lot, but those useless thoughts refuse to come back to me. Like the usual routine, I slowly make my way out the door, kicking the things I dug up a few minutes ago when I tried to look for his presence beside me. I snooped around my room all day, trying to find clues about him… just like any other time, I found nothing. He left me without anything but his name, two teddy bears, and the memories he imprinted in my heart. The sadness gradually engulfs me as my feet sluggishly move forward. I have perfectly nowhere to go but my feet keep on taking little step… just like any other night, I wandered soullessly, corner to corner, street to street.

Finally, I stop in front of an unfamiliar grocery store. Believe it or not, a twenty-seven-year-old girl can get lost from walking heartlessly. Well, maybe not other twenty-seven-year-old girls, but just me, Park Bom. My feet continue to travel into the store, heading straight toward the liquor section. As I head back to the register with a pack of beer in my hand, I bumped into a tall and strong person, stumbling me backwards, making me drop the beer. I quickly apologized and kneel down to pick up the individual cans of beer rolling on the floor. As I busied myself with gathering up the scattered contents, the other person reaches forward and helps me. Once again, I head to the register with the pack of beer in my hand. As my hand fishes around in my pocket for money, my eyes suddenly caught a familiar image on the store’s glass window. From the reflection, a dull and muscular figure appears… a bell in my head rings vigorously, but no matter how hard I try, I can’t think of anything. I stood there, froze on the spot, as an alarming rate of heartbeats rose inside me. Deliberately, I turn a hundred and eighty degrees on my heels to look at the person behind me.

Millions thoughts raced through my mind… millions of memories traced my heart… millions of questions pop up in my head… and about millions of other millions flash through me. I fixed on the spot and stared at him for an eternity.

“Miss, you alright?” the young man standing before me waved.

“S-Seunghyun?” I croaked from the back of my throat. “Do you remember me?”

“This voice… Bom? Park Bom?” he said in a surprised tone. I nod in silence as a response.

“We used sit at the swing and talk all day long, just me and you. We used to play on the grass field, happily running around t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter