Part of your game

Part of your game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who is it?" is the only question that comes out of Chanyeol's lips and Baekhyun hesitates for a second, just a very small second before saying that there's no one but is too late. Chanyeol can see right through his act. It has taken him a long time to finally see past the mask the brunet has carefully put on, he thinks to himself bitterly.

Chanyeol knew that there was something wrong. But then again, a lot of things on his relationship with Baekhyun were wrong. Since the very beginning, Chanyeol has thought that there was a shadow over them, every time that Baekhyun would smile at him, it hadn't looked sincere enough or bright enough; his words of love had never make him breathless or made his heart flutter like crazy. There was a time were all those things did happened, and Chanyeol thinks back on the time were they were just friends, were they could talk honestly and tell each other all that they thought and smile for the sake of smiling and laugh even when it wasn't funny and be real. He wonders now if he ever got to know the real Baekhyun at all, the boy had always seemed so out of his reach. Yeah, best friends and all but never thought that being in love could be something that could happen. So when Baekhyun confessed to him, one afternoon in the library, in the middle of their study sesion and with a whisper that could barely be heard at all; yeah, Chanyeol thought he could be hallucinating it all. But when the brunet leaned in and pressed his lips softly against his, he finally realized that all that had happened, that Baekhyun had really said that he liked him and he kissed him back. In that time he was too blind to notice the slight tenseness on his shoulders or the way he kept his head cocked the side, his lids half closed as he looked over his shoulder with a roll of his eyes.

Baekhyun was the kind of person that loved to play games. He basked in the incredible feeling of being loved, needed, desired. But as the greedy person he was, he always wanted more of it, and he often toyed with those people's feelings. Chanyeol never thought that his best friend could be so cruel as to use his affection against him when he noticed the lingering looks he gave him or the way the taller boy seemed to drop everything and anything just to come to his call. For a long time in their relationship, Chanyeol accepted everything he could get from him, he believed himself to be 'lucky' for even get a scrap of the smaller boy's affection, he kissed the floor Baekhyun stepped in. And he took advantage of it. It took him a fairly long time, maybe too long to realize what was happening, of the damage Baekhyun was doing him, how much he had let him control everything on his world. Chanyeol didn't have friends because Baekhyun didn't wanna share his attention. Chanyeol didn't have a great job because Baekhyun didn't want him to be more succesful than he was. Chanyeol didn't have many things because Baekhyun was always asking him to buy things for him. His friends, the few ones that still remained by his side, tried to warn him of what the smaller boy was doing to him but he refused to listen, he had known Baekhyun for years, how could it be that he had just been used? No, it was crazy. Baekhyun, his Baekhyun couldn't have done that. 

And is because Chanyeol couldn't believe (more so that he refuesed to believe) that Baekhyun could be doing that. Baekhyun, who woke him up with a kiss and a gentle good morning on his ear. Baekhyun, that laughed of his jokes and took his hand while having breakfast. Baekhyun, that played with the bubbles in the bathtub because he found it so damn amusing. Baekhyun, that even if he didn't know how to cook, tried his best to have lunch ready for him. It was impossible. But the seed had been planted on his head and he started noticing other things. He noticed the way Baekhyun would narrow his eyes when Chanyeol dared to talk about something or someone from his work, the way he proposedly avoided taking his hand in public like if he were embarrassed of being seen and linked to him, the way he would scream at him when he accidentally dropped something in the apartment or the way he would just lay on the couch, not caring at all about cleaning and Chanyeol would do it because he knew that he would get yelled at if he didn't have clean clothes or if he found the kitchen dirty when he needed something there. Chanyeol wasn't blind anymore, he could now see everything that was happening and couldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter