; 終 ;

Polaroids, With Love.
{ 終點 }
 

'With you, it's never trouble Baek.'

Baekhyun has been suffering from many things since, well, his grandmother left. Baekhyun had his grandmother and his grandmother only left in his life, besides Chanyeol. When the news came to Baekhyun that his grandmother had passed, Chanyeol could only watch helplessly from then where Baek slowly sunk into the black hole of depression. However, that was the dark side of Baekhyun.

Besides having these problems constantly in his life, there was another object that Baekhyun had in his life, every single day.

Baekhyun loved Polaroids, and Chanyeol loved everything that the former loved. Every time they overcame a relapse, Chanyeol would do the same old thing; whipping out their shared Polaroid camera, and snap a photo together, celebrating the problems that they've solved, together.

However, Chanyeol only did this to try to get Baekhyun distracted from all the negativity. He knew that no matter how many Polaroids he took, Baekhyun would only realize how many problems he had, and the distraction was only temporary. Soon enough, Baekhyun would discover again how many shoeboxes those problems took up, and he would start taking it out on himself again, taking himself as a canvas for his blades.

It slowly formed into other things from there. Hallucinations, anxiety, suicidal thoughts. One day, Baekhyun managed to escape from Chanyeol's sight, convincing the latter that he needed some time to be 'alone at the park'. The next thing Chanyeol knew was that Baekhyun was lying in the bed 22b at Seoul National University Hospital.

It was tough, not just for Baekhyun, but for his best friend, and lover as well. However, Chanyeol knew that he wasn't doing this out of sympathy; but rather, he knew that if he was in the same position, Baek would never leave him behind as well. It was a mutual kind of love that kept them going throughout this obstacle-filled journey.

It was another of those days again. Baekhyun was hysteric; and Chanyeol wordlessly entangled him in his arms. Chanyeol knew Baekhyun was trying hard to recover for his sake, but it broke his heart knowing that Baek was going through so much himself, and he as his only one, couldn't do anything to help it, besides the constant comforting and soothing rubs on the back. 'With you, it's never trouble Baek.' He repeated soothingly in Baekhyun's ear.

Honestly, Chanyeol wanted to break down so bad, and let someone tell him it's okay. But he knew it wasn't possible. He had to be the one telling Baekhyun it's okay.

A few months passed. It was tranquil, only with sudden outbursts from Baekhyun sometimes then it the silence was broken.

'What do you think of the moon and stars?'

'Well, everything would be obliterate due to the imbalance of nature, won't it?'

'Its like us I guess; I wasn't strong enough to handle anything alone in the past, but yet you came by so involuntarily to help me share the burden.'

'Remember I'm not here because I pity you Baek. You always think that way, don't you? This is just a phase to make you a better person. I'm just here to witness it. You're never trouble Baek.'

'I have cancer.'

Lips slightly parted, Chanyeol choked out, 'What...?'

'You don't need to help me anymore Yeol. It's been so tough on you for these past few months with my sicknesses and all. This one can end your misery once and for all, can't it?'

'Just stop lying! You're just saying this so I will detest you and leave you 'cause you think it's hard for me! But you don't see how much it pains me to not be here for y-'

Those were the last words Chanyeol could give to Baekhyun before the latter left.

12th December, 2014. Winter creeps in a little earlier this year, and the wind sings a more sorrowful song than ever.

Perking their ears, people may have faintly heard the hysterical crying of a young lad, and another desperately trying to comfort him. Some may have even seen a Polaroid, yellow and faded, of two young men smiling plasticly, yet so genuinely. But they never do believe their eyes, like how Chanyeol never believed Baekhyun was never by his side.

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you for reading my first story on aff! Hope you comment and upvote :-) Please feel free to send in prompts as well!

story layout credit