i was made for loving you, baby

and you, my love, are gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sentence can we talk is never, in any context, a good sign. Can we talk usually meant the end of all things good and with how their relationship (awkward side glances and subtle touches), Kibum didn't think there was anything good to end. That ended three years ago and this cliché sentence wasn't used then, so why use it now?

"There's nothing to talk about." He shouldn't hesitate, shouldn't let the butterflies in his stomach flutter. It's been three years, he still can't be this weak when it comes to Minho, can he? Answer: He Can. He Is. He Will Forever Be.

-------------------

A soft damn it was uttered when they stepped in the restaurant, suddenly feeling a tad bit underdressed in his ripped up jeans and shirt (he looked good, but the suits surrounding him made him think otherwise). While he was there in his supposedly designer outfit that looked like a teenager had decided they'd try to make an art project out of their closet, Minho stood in front of him clad in slacks, a turtle neck, and a grey trench coat looking as stunning as ever.

All eyes were on them as they made their way to their table, Minho ordering for the both of them (he didn't care, really, because if the other had ordered something he wouldn't like that'd only make his heart settle down easier--knowing he was forgotten would make him feel less guilty about how they ended things). But Minho, being the perfect man he was made out to be, ordered just what he wanted. Great.

"So how've you been?" The other asked, fingers tapping at the silvereware set in front of them as they waited for their food.

"I thought I answered this before? I've been good. You've been good. Everything's great." He answered, trying to be as snarky as ever, trying to cut things short and hopefully leave with his heart still in his chest instead of Minho's.

"Calm down." Minho replied, sensing the tension and the other's restlessness. It's hard to break out of habits that were so routine and reading Kibum was just one of his. They were nothing again, and it's easier this time to focus on the things that mattered (namely his work and fans and in this case, Kibum). He wasn't going to deny it--the three years he's been single only meant three years of lamenting on his love lost. But he wasn't the type to just regret and forget.

He used those three years to better himself--to learn from his past mistakes and make sure he wouldn't leave anyone important behind, no matter how much fame he was starting to accumulate. He'd be damned if he let his past experiences not teach him anything, be damned if he'd let anyone else experience the pain he was put through; let anyone else experience the pain he put Kibum through.

"Let's just talk. Catch up. How's Taemin?"

"We ended things a long time ago. We're just friends now."

"Hey, at least you managed to keep one of your exes as a friend. That's an improvement." He chuckled, trying to make light of their relationship. Although Kibum obviously thought he wasn't being funny with how he suddenly glared daggers at the boy.

"Wouldn't your girlfriend be sad that you're spending time with me instead of her?"

Girlfriend? What girl--ah. "I didn't know you still read up about me." He smiled, a part of him happy the other followed his career that he was responsible for. Of course he would. "But anyway, that's just a rumour. I'm currently single."

Kibum knew for a fact that Minho never lied to him. He never had to.

"How the hell are you still single while looking like that?" He huffed, pissed that while he wanted to shoot the other down, he ended up doing the complete opposite. Really, it wasn't fair that he looked that good despite everything.

"Been busy."

"Of course."

Their idle chat dragged on for a while, Minho finishing off the remnants of his steak while Kibum was too busy playing with this pasta to properly finish it. A part of him lost his appetite but another part of him wanted to prolong their stay in the quaint restaurant, still wanting to bask in the presence of his former best friend turned former lover.

Their topic was now love, the reason being that Minho just found out Kibum had been single for three years and so had he. He asked why, brows furrowed as he put his utensils down and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter