Chapter 1

Name it

KAI
Hello, the name's Jongin, 21 years. My life is like a schedule and my life isn't full of surprises, the only surprises I get are the ones I get from my best friend, Bang Minah. Everyday, it's just me at Minah's café work place, waiting for her to finish work, then we can both go home together, or sometimes we could stay at the café and talk about life, yeah, it was pretty normal, since my girlfriend, Soojung, never texts me or anything, even when she reads my texts, she never responds to them. I love Soojung, but i'm an awkward guy, I can't help but just sit there and wait, so this was my life, boring right? Not until this one day..
MINAH
I'm Minah, and everyday life's pretty boring, since my boyfriend, Ken, is out to different counteries that he never brings me too, but at least I have Jongin, the one I trust to much since maybe.. High school? Everyday it's just me and Jongin, his boring face may seem boring but he's actually a fun kidding, alright, I was kidding about the boring part, he's pretty cute, but we're both currently in unstable relationships, we can't help but sigh. So this was my life, boring right? Not until this one day..
Minah
12/3/2014
8:32a.m
You: Hey, you awake man?
read at 10:24a.m
Jongin: sorry Min, I was sleeping, how are you up so early? hehe :3 Are you at work now?
read at 10:28a.m
You: Aish, sleepyhead. And yes i'm at work! Another day of people ordering daily caramel macchiatos.. --"
read at 10:29a.m
Jongin: Aww don't worry, since you're so stressed then we should go out today! ^^
read at 10:31a.m
You: Alrighty! Thanks Jongin, so you coming to the café today?
read at 10:33a.m
Jongin: Oh yes, of course! I'll be there as soon as possible!
read at 10:36a.m
Minah: Alright~ see you!
read at 10:37a.m
 
After me and Jongin had the text conversation, I switched off my phone. Then I continued serving the customers. Then suddenly, I heard my phone beep. I picked up my phone to check, and found an unknown message text me.
12/3/2014
10:49a.m
Unknown number: You son of a ! Stay away from Ken! He's mine and only mine! ! !
read at 10:49a.m
My eyes scanned the text, I couldn't look away, who is this unknown number? I was curious, then suddenly.. “Hey!” I looked up in surprise, it was Jongin. “You scared me..” I giggled nervously at him and gulped at the text, “Hey what's wrong? Hm? Hm?” He teased as he saw my reaction to my phone screen. “Oh nothing.. it's nothing, really.” I said, I am 100% sure he knew I was lying, he then tried to snatch my phone but he failed because I hid my phone behind me, “Hey! show me!” He exclaimed and gave me a small chuckle, “After work, i'm busy..” I explained and he agreed, “Alright alright, i'll be patient.” he winked at me and walked to his seat, I nodded and kept working as the text lingered around my mind.
12/3/2014, 6:00p.m
Work had finally ended, I walked towards the very droopy eyed Jongin. “Hey!” I exclaimed then he was finally fully awake, “W-wha-what? Oh Minah! Hey! What time is it is it 1 o' clock?” He cluelessly said and looked around, “Stupid! It's 6! And it's the end of my job~” I laughed softly at his reaction and sat across him. “Oh.. alright~” he laughed softly as well, “So.. about my phone just now,” I said, “Oh yeah about that! What was it?” He asked with a curious face, I then showed him the text, his eyes scanned the message like how I did. “Woah, who do think this was from? Would Ken might be cheating on you?” Jongin asked seriously, I shrugged at him, “We have to find out.. Something might happen to you!” Jongin exclaimed, oh Jongin, the only guy who cares about me so much. “Yeah we should..” I agreed and nodded nervously, “Don't be scared Minah, I'm here, and as a best friend I have to do what's right,” Jongin comforted me with a soft tone in his voice, “Alright, thank you Jongin..” I showed him a soft smile and nodded, “Okay, so now.. You gotta call Ken dude!” Jongin said, I nodded as I took my phone, I dialed Ken's number but my mind was going through option decisions, Should I or Should I Not? After dialing his number, I was waiting for him to pick up. “Hello?” He said as he picked up, Jongin signaled me to put it on speaker, so I did, we both heard me and Ken's conversation. “Yes, Hello,” I answered back with a gentle voice, “What do you want?” He asked coldly, I gulped, “Uh y-yes, Ken. This morning I received a text from an unknown number.. Saying that 'She' was yours? She texted something like “He's mine!” And I was really afraid..” I explained, then suddenly I heard a girl's voice from the other line, “Kennie~ Who are you talking to?” The girl from the other line asked, I started to tear up. Jongin gulped at my actions, “Um nothing just hold on a second, Minah! I'll call you later and we can talk about it after I..” Ken explained, “After what?” I asked while my voice started to crack, “Um nevermind, i'll call you later,” He quickly ended the call and I stared at Jongin with my tearful eyes, “O-oh, Minah.. I'm sorry about that.. Minah, just know that.. Ken, is probably with someone else he thinks is better than you, but if I were him, I would be here with you right now.. You are a great person, Minah.” Jongin said with a gently voice and gave me a hug, I cried on his shoulder as I started to brag about how sad I was, but he listened to me anyway, he comforted me, then he suddenly spoke up, “Minah.. Ever wondered who the girl was..? She sounded familiar,” Jongin and I thought about it, “She.. Sure does..” I said, wiping away my heartbroken tears, we both stared at each other for a while, “I wonder who..” I responded, “lets just cancel our outting plans, you need to rest okay?” Jongin my hair gently as he spoke, “Nae,”
NEXT DAY
13/3/2014
KAI
It was Saturday, which means no work for Minah, so I texted her since I was worried about her relationship with Ken.
13/3/2014
9:56a.m
You: Goodmorning. Are you alright? Please wake up if you're asleep, I'm worried about you.
read at 10:01a.m
Minah: Jongin.. Me and Ken, we broke up.
read at 10:03a.m
 
I stared at the text, I can feel my heart breaking apart, I started tearing up as well, I had to admit that I care a lot about her, since we had been best friends for more than 6 years. Minah, I knew she cried, I knew she was heartbroken because of Ken. Ken, hurt my best friend I'll.. ..Hurt you.