Let's Not Share

Let's Not Share

“Jongin… Jongin, I don’t think I can do this,” he spoke into the phone. He was panicking. It was a short flight from his home to here, not giving himself enough time to mentally prepare himself for what he didn’t want to do, but knew he had to. “Jongin, I’m going to pass out.”

 

“Luhan will you listen to me? Take a few deep breaths and try to calm down a bit. You’re going to be fine.”

 

“Fine!” Luhan squeaked, “You think I’m going to be fine? Nothing is going to be fine!”

 

Jongin sighed quietly into Luhan’s ear, “Luhan seriously, just breathe before you work yourself into a okay?”

 

Luhan walked out of the airport rolling his luggage behind him, still pressing his phone to his ear. “I just don’t get why you couldn't come with me,” he whined.

 

“I told you,” Jongin replies, “this is something you need to do on your own. You don’t need me for this.”

 

Luhan nervously chewed at his bottom lip as he hailed a cab, “But Jongin, I do need you here. I don’t want to do this alone. I’m seriously, like… actually terrified.”

 

Jongin chuckles softly at this, “You know, for someone so strong and independent… and sassy, you sure are a big baby when it comes to Yixing.”

 

Luhan tosses his bag in the back seat of the cab and groans as he gets in and shuts the door. He tells the cab driver the address of his hotel then returns to his phone conversation, groaning once again to be dramatic. 

 

“Don’t say his name! Please! Jongin I called you for support, not teasing. You’re not being a very good friend right now!” The cab driver looks back at Luhan in the rearview mirror and smiles a bit. 

 

“Luhaaaaan. You need to get a hold of yourself. You love him right? And, you know he loves you-“

 

“Maybe… he maybe loves me.” Luhan can hear Jongin roll his eyes through the phone.

 

“He does, he’s just as equally stupid as you were like less than a month ago. He doesn’t realize it. That’s why you're there now, to help him figure it out.”

 

Luhan is silent for a moment, only groaning internally at the thought of actually using the L word with Yixing.

 

“Look, you worked out a plan and it’s decent. Just go through with it and see what happens. If, and this is a big if, you get rejected… we can have all the movie nights at my place you want until you feel better. Whatever movies you want.”

 

Luhan sighs, running a hand roughly through his hair with his free hand. “I guess that sounds okay. But, I’d rather not get rejected.”

 

“Then stick to the plan. Make him see what he’s been missing.”

 

“I will… I will,” Luhan replies.

 

“Make him finally realize you’re the only one he needs to be happy.”

 

Luhan nods to himself, “I have to go, I’m at the hotel now. I’ll call you tomorrow, let you know what happens. Thanks Jongin, tell Kyungsoo I said hi.”

 

“I will. Good luck, Luhan,” Jongin says before hanging up.

 


 

“What am I doing? What am I doing? What am I doing?” Luhan repeats to himself over and over in front of the large mirror in his hotel bathroom. “I don’t want to do this. I can’t do this. I should just go home. He doesn’t even know I’m here. I could just go back and pretend this never happened.”

 

He stares at his reflection, fidgeting with the buttons on his cardigan. Jongin’s earlier words began to ring through his head and give him a slight, but there nonetheless, burst of courage and he musses his hair, flattens his shirt and storms out the door.

 


 

“Um, h-hello… I’m looking for Yixi- I mean Mr. Zhang’s office?”

 

The woman behind the large, official looking oak desk looked up at him questioningly through her thick rimmed glasses. “And you are?”

 

“Oh I’m um, I’m his boy- his friend. He told me to come here and meet him in his office.”

 

The woman rolled her eyes and tapped her pen on the desk a few times, smacking the gum in loudly. Finally, she sighed, “Through those doors, down the hall and to the left. It’s on the right, his names on the door. You can’t miss it.”

 

“Thank you,” Luhan bowed slightly and quickly made his way to the door, more than happy to get away from her.

 

It was a short walk to the end of the hallway, he then turned left and could see Yixing’s name on a plaque, shining gold in the light. He stopped to take in multiple deep breaths, trying to calm his heart rate before knocking on the door.

 

Just as his fist was inching forward, the door swung open. “Luhan? What are you doing here?” Yixing speaks, looking quite confused.

 

Luhan doesn't speak at first. His brain stutters because it can’t form words and comprehend how y Yixing looks in a business suit at the same time. His slacks and vest were a matching light grey, and he wore a very crisp looking white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

 

“Damn,” Luhan whispers under his breath.

 

“What was that?” Yixing asks.

 

“You look nice,” Luhan quickly responds. 

 

Yixing smiles and pats Luhan’s shoulder, “Thanks Lu. I was actually just going to get some dinner, you want to come with? Company would be nice.”

 

Luhan nods quickly and follows behind Yixing, admiring the nice shape his dress pants gives his bottom.

 


 

“So Lu, what brings you here unannounced?” Yixing asks before taking a sip from his glass of wine.

 

Luhan sets his own glass back on the table and smiles, “I just missed you. So I decided to come visit you.” His smile fades when Yixing’s eyes narrow. “I- I hope I’m not bothering you by being here. I know you’re very busy.”

 

“I am very busy,” he smiles, “but I’m never too busy for you.”

 

Luhan’s heart skips and he smiles. “Well, thank you. I wasn’t sure if you would want to see me after just showing up randomly like this.”

 

“Baby,” Yixing smirks, “I always want to see you. Why would you think that I wouldn’t?”

 

Luhan gulps down the rest of his drink to calm his nerves before responding. He knew what he had to do, but he didn’t want to do it.

 

“I want you to be my boyfriend,” Luhan says a little less calmly than he intended to.

 

Yixing chuckles, “Luhan… you are my boyfriend.”

 

He shakes his head slowly, realizing he wasn’t clear enough in his statement. “No Yixing, I mean… I want you to be my boyfriend. Like, only me… I want to be enough for you.”

 

Yixing clears his throat awkwardly, “Oh. Oh, um… Luhan-“

 

“No, it’s okay. Never mind. It was stupid of me to ask.” Luhan nearly jumps out of his seat, grabbing his jacket off the back of his chair.

 

Yixing grabs his hand, “Luhan wait. Sit and talk to me. Don’t just run away.”

 

Luhan looks to the door but turns and sits back down hesitantly. He stares at his hands resting on the table, too embarrassed to look up at Yixing. “What’s there to talk about,” he mutters, “you don’t want me.”

 

Yixing smiles crookedly, “Luhan, I absolutely want you. You know, you’re the one who turned me down so many times before, when we first started fooling around.” He reaches his hand across the table to grasp Luhan’s. “I’ve always wanted you Luhan. You’re the one who wanted the open relationship, not me. I went along with it, because having you like that was better than nothing. Do you not remember that?”

 

Luhan blushes, he must have somehow forgotten that he was the one too scared to be in an exclusive relationship. “Well, I- I’m sorry. I guess I forgot.” He looks around, everywhere but at Yixing. He reaches across the table, grabbing Yixing’s glass of wine and finishes it. “Now I’m embarrassed.”

 

Yixing takes the empty glass away from Luhan and stands, placing a few bills on the table. He grabs Luhan’s hand and pulls him to his feet. “Let’s go.”

 

“Where are we going?” Luhan questions.

 

“You’ll see,” Yixing replies with a look Luhan isn't too sure he likes.

 


 

Yixing swung the large door to his home open with one hand, the other still clung to Luhan’s waist. He walks in, pulling Luhan through the house, slowly zigzagging through hallways and doors until finally, they stopped in front of a closed door.

 

Yixing quickly, and without warning, grabbed Luhan and spun him around, pinning his back to the door. He places a quick kiss on Luhan’s lips before pulling back and smiling at his closed eyes. 

 

“You love me,” Yixing speaks slowly, “I can tell.” He places another kiss on Luhan’s forehead this time. “You don’t look at me the same anymore. Before, when you were so sure you wanted to sleep with other people… you looked at me differently.”

 

“What do you mean?” Luhan asks.

 

“I mean, I can see the sparkle in your eyes when you look at me now. It’s the same way I’ve always looked at you. Longing and want, and feeling hopeless. Wondering if you’ll ever love me back.”

 

“Back? So you mean, you actually-“

 

“Of course I do, you idiot. I’ve loved you for a very long time. I’ve just been waiting for you to realize you felt the same. I thought you never would.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Luhan whispers, looking at his feet.

 

“What changed?” Yixing asks, “What made you finally figure it out?”

 

Luhan smiles now. “It was Jongin. I helped him with Kyungsoo and watching the way they loved each other so passionately made me realize that’s what I wanted with you. With only you.”

 

Yixing curls his hand around Luhan’s jaw and kisses him firmly on the lips, lingering for only a moment.

 

“I don't want to share anymore,” Luhan whispers before pushing their lips together again.

 

“Neither do I,” Yixing breathes against Luhan’s lips.

 

Luhan slides his closed lips gently across Yixing’s, their noses touching slightly. “It’s you. It’s always been you,” he whispers, “only you.”