1/10

Never letting you go again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A belated 1013 special... more chapters coming to you soon ^^

 
Cho Kyuhyun stared up at the building before him.  It shot high into the sky, its massive windows gleaming in the light.  There were too many floors for him to count.  Looking more like a fortress than an office, the place spoke of power.  And money. A lot of it.
“Sir?”  The doorman eyed him with a hint of concern in his dark eyes.
Probably because he was standing in the middle of the street, gawking up at the place.  Kyuhyun gave a quick shake of his head, pulled his coat a bit closer around him, and hurried inside that fortress.  Getting out of that icy air was a relief for him.
Another man waited behind the gleaming desk in the lobby.  He glanced to the left and the right, and Kyuhyun nervously noted the security cameras that followed his every move.
Cautiously now, he approached the desk.  “I, um, I’m looking for Choi Siwon.”
The man, in his early twenties and sporting a stylish blue suit, raised his brows at him.  “Do you have an appointment?”
Not exactly.  He’d barely gathered the courage to actually head into this place.  Twice that morning, he’d turned around and almost gone back to his home.
I need him. Kyuhyun straightened his shoulders.  “No, I don’t have an appointment.”
The other's eyes narrowed.
Kyuhyun rushed on, saying,  “My name is Cho Kyuhyun, and I-I’m an…old friend of his.”  Okay, so that part that wasn’t exactly the truth.  But he was desperate.  No, more than that.  He was scared.
When he’d done a search looking for private detectives in the area, Choi Securities had immediately popped up on his computer screen.  As soon as he’d seen the name, Kyuhyun's whole body had tensed.
Choi Siwon.  Some men left a mark on people, a mark that went far beneath the skin.
Siwon had marked him years before.
His company was way out of his price range, Kyuhyun got that.  The lobby even smelled expensive.  And, after the accident, pretty much everything was out of his range, but he didn’t have a choice.
He had to get Siwon to help him.  Besides, they had been friends once.  Before they’d been lovers.  Before everything had gone to hell.
The guy in the fancy suit looked down at his computer.  “I don’t think you understand just how busy Mr. Choi's schedule is, sir.  If you’d like to speak with one of the junior associates here, I’m sure that we can find someone available.”
Kyuhyun's heartbeat thudded in his ears.  A junior associate.  Right . Well, that was certainly better than nothing.
The phone on the man’s desk rang.  “Excuse me,” he murmured as he reached for the phone. Kyuhyun nodded.  His cheeks were burning.  Had he really thought that he could get Siwon to help him?  That he could just walk into this place and he’d be there for him?  After all the time that had passed, he’d be lucky if the guy even remembered him.
If only I could have forgotten him.   
“Y-yes, sir.  Right now.”  A sharp note of nervousness had entered the man’s voice.
Kyuhyun glanced back at him as he hurriedly put the phone down.  The fancy suit's eyes, a warm gray, had come back to his.  Now there was some definite curiosity in his stare.  “You’re to go right up, Mr Cho.” He pushed a clipboard toward him.  “Would you please sign in first, then I’ll take you to the elevator.”
Kyuhyun's gaze slid to the nearest security camera.  Tension tightened his shoulders as he scribbled his name across the page.  Then Kyuhyun hurried toward the elevators on the right.  Don’t freak out.  Don’t stutter.  Take slow steps.  Nice and slow.
“Not that elevator.”  The suit caught Kyuhyun's elbow and steered him to the left.  “This one.”  He pulled a keycard from his pocket.  Swiped it across the elevator’s panel.  The doors opened almost instantly, and he guided Kyuhyun inside.  “Go up to the top floor. Mr. Choi will be waiting for you.”
But Siwon hadn’t even known he was coming to the building.  “I don’t understand—” Kyuhyun began.  The doors slid closed.    Kyuhyun's hands trembled as the elevator shot up.  The elevator’s walls were made of glass and he turned, glancing out at the view of the city.  A lot could change for a person in ten years.  You could go from having absolutely nothing…to having everything.
Or you could go from everything…to nothing.
The elevator slowed.  Kyuhyun turned back toward the doors.  He took a deep breath. Then those doors slid open. His shoes sank into lush carpet as he stepped out of the elevator.
 “Mr. Cho?” He glanced over at the pretty blonde woman who’d rushed toward him.  The blonde smiled. “This way, please.”
Siwon had seen him on the video cameras.  That was the only explanation.  Siwon seen him, and he’d actually remembered him.
Well, you were always supposed to remember your first, weren’t you?
He’d been Kyuhyun's first.  Once upon a time, Siwon been his everything.   The blonde opened a gleaming, mahogany door.  “Mr.Cho is here, sir.”
Don’t stutter.  Kyuhyun stepped inside the office and saw him.
The man who’d haunted him.  The man who’d taught him about lust and loss. Choi Siown.
Siwon sat behind a massive desk.  He’d leaned back in his chair, and his head was tilted to the right as his eyes—still the most mesmerising that Kyuhyun's have ever seen—swept over his body.  His hair was midnight black, cut to perfectly frame the strong planes of his face.
Handsome wasn’t a word that could be used to describe Siwon.  It never had been.  y. Dangerous.  Those were words for him.
The door shut behind Kyuhyun, sealing him inside the office with Siwon.
Siwon rose from his seat.  He came toward him, his stride slow and certain.  With every step that he took, he tensed, his body helpless to do otherwise.
“H-hello, Siwon.” He hated that stupid break in his voice.  Siwon made him nervous.  Always had.
He stopped in front of Kyuhyun.  He stood at just one inch over six feet.  Kyuhyun tilted his head back so that he could meet his stare.
“It’s been a long time,” Siwon said, the words a deep, dark rumble.  His voice went perfectly with the rock hard body and the y face—a voice that both men and women could imagine in the darkness.
Kyuhyun swallowed because his throat was suddenly dry.  “Yes, it has.”  Ten years and three months.  Not that he’d counted.
That assessing gaze of his slid down Kyuhyun's body once more.  There was an awareness in Siwon stare that he hadn’t expected.  A heat that made him remember too many things.
Siwon was close enough to touch.  Close enough for Kyuhyun to smell the crisp, masculine scent that clung to him.  His nostrils flared, as if he were catching Kyuhyun's scent, too.
“You look good, Kyu.”  Again, that heat was in his stare.  A heat that said he knew Kyuhyun intimately.  Kyuhyun wished his heartbeat would slow down.  "But you’re not here for a friendly chat, are you?”  And he stepped away from Kyuhyun.  Siwon waved to the open chair near his desk and returned to his seat.
“We’ve never really been the friendly chat kind,” Kyuhyun said softly as he eased into the leather chair.  Kyuhyun didn’t take off his coat.  He just pulled it closer to him.
A faint furrow appeared between his brows.  “No, we weren’t, were we?  More the hot type.”
Kyuhyun's lips parted.  He had not just said that to him.
Siwon's faint smile said that he had.
“I’m not here for that, either.”  He’d been wrecked after his last go round with Siwon.
Siwon leaned back in his chair.  The leather groaned beneath him.  “We’ll get to that…”
Uh, no, they wouldn’t.   Kyuhyun wasn’t ready to feel that burn again.
Siwon tapped his chin.  “You’re not here for pleasantries, you’re not here for , then why have you come looking for me?”
This was where Kyuhyun have to beg.  Because there was no way he had enough money in his account to cover his services.  Not with the guy sporting this high rise building and looking like he’d just walked off the cover of GQ.  How things have changed.  “Someone is watching me.”   Siwon stilled.  The heat banked in his eyes as his whole expression instantly became guarded. “And what makes you so sure of that?”
“Because I can feel him.”  Wait, that sounded crazy, didn’t it?  When he’d gone to the cops, they’d sure looked at him as if he were crazy.  You couldn’t feel a stalker.  So they said.  Kyuhyun disagreed.
Siwon wasn’t speaking.  So the younger did the talking, saying quickly,  “I know someone has been watching me, okay?  When I go to my studio, when I go out at night…”  A tenseness would slip over him.  An awareness that was instinctive.
“You think someone is following you.”
Siwon wasn’t believing him any more than the cops had.  “I think,” Kyuhyun stressed the word back to him as his hands clenched,  “that someone has been in my house.  Things are rearranged. They aren’t where I put them.  My doors are locked but someone has been getting in.”
Now Siwon leaned forward.  “What’s been rearranged?”
“Cl-clothes.”
Siwon's piercing stare stayed on Kyuhyun's face.  “Underwear,” he whispered.  “Some briefs, tops and shocks are missing.  Some…some are left on my bed.”
“.”
Yes, that was exactly how Kyuhyun felt.  “Cops aren’t buying my feelings.  They don’t see any signs of a break-in at my apartment.  And they think I just lost my laundry.”  But Kyuhyun knew something else was happening. He sighed, his dry lips.  “This…this isn’t the first time this has happened.”
Siwon's hands had flattened on his desk, jaws tighten.
“When I was in New York…”  That seemed like a life-time away.  “The same thing was happening before my accident.  Someone would get into my apartment.”  At first, the whole thing had started harmlessly enough.  Just with flowers.  "He started by leaving flowers in my dressing room.”  He’d gone into his dressing room after a performance and found them waiting for him.  No note.  Just the flowers.
Siwon waited for Kyuhyun to continue.
Kyuhyun's chest ached as he said,  “The next time I found the flowers, they were in my apartment.  My locked apartment.”
The muscle flexed along Siwon's jaw.  “And you’re sure the flowers weren’t just a gift from a lover?” “I don’t have a lover.” Kyuhyun shook his head.  “Not then. Not now.”
What Kyuhyun had was someone who was terrifying him.  A shadow that seemed to follow him wherever he went.  “I came here because I was hoping that one of your agents might be able to help me.  That you could assign someone to follow-up and just see what’s happening.” Siwon's gaze seemed to bore into him.  He'd always felt like Siwon saw too deeply when he looked at him.
But Kyuhyun couldn’t look away.  “The police won’t help me.  I was hoping that you could.” Kyuhyun kissed his pride good-bye.  When this much fear was involved, there was no room for pride.  Kyuhyun had secrets that he wasn’t telling him, not yet.  “Please, Siwon.  I need you.”
“You have me.”  Siwon said instantly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter