three

Jung Minyul

'Don't you guys remember that kid isn't your  son?' Jaehwan was practically amazed about the house change. He and Hakyeon came over after planning for it a few weeks before, and they finally did but the place changed too much, beyond his expectations. The livinf room was full of baby toys and there's a kiddy tent, a baby gym, and all other things scattered around the place. Then he stared at the one years old baby who was giggling over his toys. 'I mean he's totally cute but-'

'No one talks about Minyul' Taekwoon came to Minyul to take him to the bathroom, 'this baby's gonna shower, right baby?~' 

Jaehwan was gonna say more, expecially how Taekwoon treated him like his own son, like seriously, but he gave up. 'Fine.' 

'You're just jealous,' Sanghyuk teased, and he saw Hakyeon giving stares at Jaehwan. 

'Me and Hakyeon are too busy.' and he got to say that, because it's a fact. even though it made Hakyeon feel dissapointed.

 

'He's just not ready.' Hakyeon started after Jaehwan left both of Sanghyuk and him on the couch scooping a bucket of vanilla ice cream. Hakyeon had been wanting to rant for some time and he was glad Taekwoon called Jaehwan to play with Minyul ('So you wont be awkward with him anymore!'). 

'I feel lonely sometimes. It's true that we're always busy, but I can quit my work if that is to take care of kids.' Sanghyuk stared at Hakyeon and it looked like the older was completely sad about it. 

He patted Hakyeon's back softly, 'Don't worry, hyung. I'm sure he'll get used to kids right away.'

'WHY DO I HAVE TO CHANGE HIS DIAPERS JESUS CHRIST' a yell following with a scream was coming from the room and it made the two of them feel awkward. Well, maybe only Sanghyuk, because Hakyeon looked more like he already knew something like that would happen. 

'Uh, let's just change the right away to in a while.'

 

'Saaam-chon!' Taekwoon tried after so many times doing so, hoping another result will come.

'Ddamddon' and it still hadn't changed a bit. 

'Sam chon, Minyul-ah,' he told him once again, and Sanghyuk went to them after staring from afar. 

'He's so cute' Sanghyuk said, giving a soft pat to the baby. 

'Perhaps Samchon is too hard for him? Babies are only able to say Mama or Dada?

'Ddamddon!' Minyul yells once again, following with an excited giggle. 

Sanghyuk made silly faces to Minyul and trying to tickle him a bit. He grinned then, 'Let him. His pronounciation will be better.' 

 

 

They had this morning routine where Sanghyuk would go straight to the door and Taekwoon would catch up with Minyul, having to say goodbye before he went to work. That morning Sanghyuk was rushing because he was almost late to work (because he should be the example for his co-workers that everyone should be punctual) but Taekwoon quickly took Minyul from his play zone to say goodbye to Sanghyuk. They would leave from behind the door after Sanghyuk gets in the car. 

But something was strange. Minyul was never the one to be quiet when Sanghyuk left, he suddenly became so silent and before Taekwoon knew it, he was already crying. 

'Sanghyuk-ah, Minyul can't stop crying!' Taekwoon couldn't believe it had been almost half an hour and Minyul was there in his bed, crying like there was no tomorrow. He hadn't been like this before! 

'Really? How come?'

'I dont even know--' Taekwoon had been thinking if he missed his mom, would it be possible? But then he thought about other reasons, 'He has been like this since you left?'

'Should I go home?' Taekwoon noticed that Sanghyuk sounded really concerned, 

No bothersome, Taekwoon, there has to be a way.

 'Don't'

'Fine, anyway, didn't you take him from playing his toys earlier? Try putting him back to the living room.'

'Minyul-ah?' 

Taekwoon carried the baby then, placing him back to where he was. Oh, he was playing blocks before Taekwoon took him to greet Sanghyuk goodbye. There were mess of blocks everywhere, and Tarkwoon felt quite dumb after seeing Minyul stop crying and continue playing with his toys. Why didn't he think of it sooner?

 

Who knew Sanghyuk sneakily downloaded e-books about babies, and he found out that ten months old babies were supposed to be able to walk already, but not all of them. He had been asking Taekwoon 'Can he practice walking yet?' everytime they're with each other and Taekwoon didn't know why Sanghyuk wanted Minyul to be able to walk that much. Taekwoon had been seeing Minyul seeming to wanting to get up from his seating position, or his crawls. Minyul had been using baby walker for a while now,  maybe he should train Minyul quickly too.

 

'Yes, Hyukkie.' Taekwoon said in a day, where Sanghyuk got his day off and currently playing games on his tablet while lying on the floor. 'Let's teach him how to walk.'

 

And there they had Minyul walking around the house a few months after. 

 

'He seems to always want to do everything so I want him to do so much things as soon as possible,' was what Sanghyuk said when the three of them were in the backyard and Minyul were trying to run but always slowing up his pace, and both of them were looking after him in case he would fall to the grass, although it's a normal thing to happen already. 

 

They both were also so amazed when Minyul sat on his baby chair and went to drink by himself after seeing Sanghyuk gulping down his glass of water. Taekwoon was going to help him drink after placing his cup in front of him but he already did himself and Taekwoon felt nothing but proud of the baby boy. 

 

Taekwoon didn't really like the idea of throwing big parties for Minyul, so it was only three of them with a big Pororo themed cake with the '1' candle placed on top of it, and a mini decoration around their own living room he and Sanghyuk both prepared. They also skyped with Hakyeon and Jaehwan who were overseas, and took a lot of pictures to create memories. Sanghyuk had already prepared a photo album just for Minyul. 

 

In their morning routine, a change happened. Taekwoon had always pointed at Sanghyuk and wave his hand to Sanghyuk as if telling Minyul to do the same thing, and that day, Minyul had finally done it and he knew Sanghyuk noticed as the man waved back happily to the baby. and Taekwoon almost screamed because, wow, Minyul was growing and able to do lots of things already and Taekwoon was so amazed because, wow, Minyul was growing and able to do lots of things already. He couldn't expect it to so fast. To think again, he should also be susprised because after all these months Minyul had been doing fine living with Taekwoon and Sanghyuk, and the thought saddened him if Minyul would be having a time where he'd be missing his mother, because he couldn't imagine if it would happen later.

 'Will Minyul be upset when he grows up later?' Sanghyuk asked one night, after Taekwoon came back from Minyul's room to finally get some sleep. 'Knowing that we're the ones who watches him grow insead of his parents?' It had been bugging Sanghyuk for quite a while, seeing so many cases of how people who took care of adopted kids were left alone by them to search for their real parents. He was quite afraid. 

Tarkeoon went silent for a while, Sanghyuk wasn't the type to worry about things like that. 'He... he used to not have a dad either, Sanghyuk.'

Minyul was such a joyful baby. Taekwoon had usually dealt with crybabies, those ones that couldn't be touched by other people beside their moms when he worked as a babysitter, and Minyul was surprisingly okay even when his mom went away. Maybe he didn't know things? The things made him sad, the thought how Minyul would leave them once he knew he still had his mom out there? The thought of Minyul would be embarrassed on not having parents? 'Let's just not think that way.' He said to Sanghyuk, even though he was still thinking about it. 

'Sorry.... I know it's still going to be a long time, and he isn't even two yet but it just.., concerns me.'

'Me too, Sanghyuk-ah. I just want to enjoy the good things we're having right now. Bad things might happen, I know, but let's not think about them.'

'Sorry...' Sanghyuk apologized once again, staring deeply at Taekwoon's eyes. He was afraid if Taekwoon might tear up.

'At least.... We take care of him well. And he's living a good life, that's all that matters.'