one

Jung Minyul

It was Eight AM, Taekwoon sitting at a coffee shop with his nephew in his arms sleeping, and Hakyeon sitting in front of him as his eyes were focusing to the laptop. He came right after dropping his sister to the airport, and found Hakyeon there doing his deadline and having a cup of coffee. Taekwoon had a warm latte for himself.  

'Hakyeon,' he called them man, and Hakyeon surprisingly responded well. A hum, and when Taekwoon signaled him that he wanted to drink his coffee, Hakyeon took the baby right after, cooing him so he wouldn't wake up. 

'My noona borrowed some money,' Taekwoon said, out of the blue, after slowly sipping his coffee. 

'Some?'

'Mhhmm..' Taekwoon really sounded like he was still drunk in sleep, but then he opened his banking application and showed to Hakyeon. 

Then Hakyeon snapped, almost yelled but decided to keep his voice down because he got a sleeping baby with him. 'The hell, Taekwoon? What do you mean some- it's almost your whole savings! And you let her go with that much money?' Hakyeon rolled his eyes at how Taekwoon just lost the savings he kept from working at the job he really hated and finally quitting now. 

 

'What do you mean, 'let her go?'' 

 

'Didn't you say she's going to America?'

 

'Holy .'

 

Then Taekwoon realised. His noona had packed all the things belonged to Minyul.  She said she was going to Japan for a week- a lie, because she's going to have her second marriage. In America. Maybe it was too early for Taekwoon to think, though, it was three am, and she already put strollers and such in Taekwoon's car. He also remembered that his noona's apartment was for rent. 

 

 

Taekwoon was speechless. He's dumb and he lost everything in a moment, and he got his nephew with him. 'What should I do with him now?' There's no way he could contact his sister. Even when she was still there he rarely even contacted her, not even having one of her social medias or something else. And Minyul- his mom left him. How will Taekwoon even explain that to him later?

 

'Aren't you so in love with him?' Hakyeon asked, raising his eyebrow. 

 

'I do,' he said, while carressing the sleeping baby's head. How he didn't know his mother just left him with his uncle now. 'But I--' he thought about things all over again. He just lost his work, lost his money, about to lose his house and- Sanghyuk. How was he going to take care of the baby? 

'Can you keep him for a while?' 

Hakyeon gasped in happiness, 'I'd love to! But I'm just afraid Jaehwan might do stupid things to him, you know.' 

'Right, your husband.' He was sure he wasn't mind, but then again, his noona probably trusted him on taking care of Minyul. That's probably stupid to think about, but Minyul was his first baby cousin and he'd probably do anything for him. He had even promised himself to spoil Minyul with everything once he get older.

'I'll just keep him, then.'

 

He stared at Minyul who was sitting on his high chair, playing with his food his noona had packed. It would probably last for a week. It's nice to have him as company though, no more loneliness he mostly felt when he's in his apartment. He didn't really unpack so much things, though, because he's about to move out in two days. 

 

'My rent ends in two days,' he told Sanghyuk on the phone. He needed to tell him about it. 'Can you come here? I need you to, you know, check out things. I think we should talk.' It had been days since the last time they had seen each other.

'That's pretty fast. And I actually called to tell that I got home from work earlier than usual. I'll be right there!' 

 

The door bell rang. He felt like he's going to explode. 

'Baby,' Sanghyuk pulled him in a hug once Taekwoon opened the door fully. Taekwoon did not expect this, what he expected was him teling Sanghyuk right away about Minyul after he opened the door, but Sanghyuk ruined it. And he had his eyes on Minyul who's sleeping on the couch. 'Is that your baby cousin?'

'I-- he-'

He couldn't believe he was so nervous. All he thought were, what if Hyuk doesnt want him? What if Hyuk dislikes children? He would never date him if he does, though, but still. He's so afraid if Sanghyuk would cancel the moving out even though he was the one who asked for it. Just because of Minyul.

'What's wrong?' Sanghyuk asked, already approaching the baby and softly touching his cheeks and giggled a bit. Taekwoon felt his heart fluttering. He liked children and he's glad.

 

He took a deep breath. 'His mother left him.' Sanghyuk turned his head to see him. 'I'm here having to take care of him.'

'What?' 

'Yeah...' Taekwoon felt like he didn't want to face Sanghyuk anymore. 'I'm.... broke now. She took all the money, even the one I saved for the coffee shop.'

And he felt like crying in an instant. No, Taekwoon, do not cry, he told himself. But tears were already flowing from his eyes. He wondered why. Maybe he was tired, worried, nervous or three of them at once. Before he knew it he felt Sanghyuk hugging him once again.

 

Sanghyuk tried to wipe his tears, sushing him. 'It's okay, Taekwoon, we'll get over this. I'll help you. You guys are going to be moving out with me, don't worry.' His whispers calmed Taeekwoon a bit, 'And your coffee shop, let's save up fr that too, okay?' 

He almost wanted to always keep crying of how understanding Sanghyuk was. He was so so thankful of him. 

'I'm sorry for making it harder.'

Taekwoon felt better when he heard Sanghyuk's chuckle from his neck. 'What do you mean? I'm sure you'll make my life way better, and Minyul will be the extra of you. I'll love life more than now.'

'Really?' Taekwoon almost felt like a little kid while asking that.

Sanghyuk grinned at how cute his boyfriend was. 'Definitely. Now stop crying, big baby.' He faced him then, giving him a light kiss on his lips. Taekwoon finally smiled. 

'Fine.'