Why?

I am his Maid

"Where have you been?" Asked Hankyung in a very dark tone. He didn't shout, still his tone screamed with danger. 

"I-I met my friend Kibum and then with Siwon..." 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why shouldn't I?" He titled his head to the side a bit, his eyes formed to slits.

"Why? You are my ing Maid! I have to know where you are! Before you leave you should ask me. You're not at home for gods sake." He hissed.

"Why do you care? It's not like you care for your other Maids that much.." 

Heechul caught him off guard. He had to make up something, fast.  

"They don't owe me money. I have to know where you are to make sure that you'll pay me back." 

"Fine."

 

"... Why were you at Siwons place?."

"... I wanted to thank him for taking care of the school thing.. So I went over. And I already got my stuff." 

"Tss.. You went over to thank him but you didn't even thank m---" He stopped.

"What?"

"Forget it.. Change and make me something to eat. I'm hungry. I haven't eaten the whole day.." 

"Yes..." 

"It's 'Yes Young Master' I told yo--"

"I haven't changed yet, so I am not your Maid." I won't let him command me all the time. I have a life too!

"Yah you!" 

"I'll be going then. I'll be ready in no time." Heechul went pass Hankyung while smirking. 

"Yah!! You--" But Heechul was already upstairs..

"Aish.. fine.." 

 

 

Few minutes later Hankyung was sitting at the kitchentable waiting for Heechul to come down. 

"Yahh!!! Where are---" Heechul entered transformed into a female Maid. 

It's still new to Heechul, but since his sister always liked to make him wear female clothing, it wasn't that awkward for him.

On the other side, it still surprised Hankyung. How can he be so feminine? if I wouldn't know I would have thought that he really is a girl.. He looks..beau---cut that.. I don't like him.

I like her.

Her.

A few moments passed as Heechul was standing in front of the cooker staring blankly at it.

Hankyung snapped back into reality after staring at Heechul for to long.

"Why aren't you cooking?? Hurry up! I'm starving" He said in his arrogant tone as always.

"..."

"Hello?? You turned deaf or what?" 

"I... can't"

"Huh?"

"I'm very sorry, Young Master" Heechul hated addressing him like that, but like Kibum said, it was his job now, so he had to take it seriously.

"but I can't cook." He bowed. 

"..." 

Heechul still had his head down.

"You can't cook? What kind of a Maid are you?" 

"I'm very sorry, Young Master" 

"You are the worst Maid ever, you know?" 

 

Outside the kitchen, few Maids were listening. "Ahh poor guy. He can't even cook? He can say goodbye to his job now."

"Yeah, he didn't even get started!" 

"Poor guy."

 

"I-I am very.."

"Fine then" Hankyung stood up and went over to Heechul.

 

 

 

"He'll get violent" She whispered to the other Maid.

"Ahh.. Already on his first day?" 

"..."

"Why haven't I heard anything??" She peeked inside the kitchen. 

Her eyes widened. She turned back, with her hand covering .

"Yah! What's wrong??" They asked slightly panicking. The other Maid just pointed into the kitchen. The rest of them peeked. They showed the same reaction.. Inside, Hankyung and Heechul were standing close to each other staring into their eyes, leaning against the table. 

 

"How can he..."

"Oh my gosh!" 

"Why...? What..? I-I don't understand this.."  They all muttered.

 

 

Should we take a look too? ;) Fine!

 

 

 

 

 

"Fine then" Hankyung stood up and went over to Heechul.

He took his wrist and led him to the table where he made him lean on. 

"Just wait a moment." They were standing really close, looking each other in the eyes almost as if there was something more between them. (The Maids watching!!)

Hankyung went over to the fridge, took out some ingredients and lay them on the counter.

"If you can't cook, I'll have to teach you."

Teach me? You must be kidding! You can cook? You spoiled bastard with a hundred Maids who do everything for you, can cook? Heechul thought....

.

.

.

"I know I am handsome, but could you come over and join me? You won't learn it just by watching."

"Yes Young Master, but why won't you just get another Maid to cook for you instead. It wouldn't bother you then" 

Again such questions that were hard to answer. 

"You are not here to do nothing. Sooner or later you have to learn. And I don't have the time and patience to call another one. Plus I already started, so move your over here and learn!" 

"Y-yes." So Heechul ended up trying to help Hankyung with the food. 

"What are we cooking?" 

"Beijing Fried Rice. My favorite meal. Make the rice. Or is it to hard for you?"

"I'll try."

"I don't want you to try. I want you to make!" He was clearly pissed.

"Y-yes." 

 ...

"The rice is cooking. And now?" 

"Get a knife and help me with the vegetables!" 

"Y-yes.." His commands get on my nerves.. I'm not enjoying this at all...

 

 

 

"How can this be? He would have hit us already or even fired."

"Why is he treating him nicely?" 

"That's so unfair!!"

"I hate him." The Maid called Nana said.

"The Young Master?"

"No! Heechul-ssi. I mean. Look he is a guy, dressed in a maid uniform, cooking together with our Master. He can't do such a simple thing and still he is treated better than us!!"

"Girls? Shouldn't you be doing your work?"

"J-James! We were about to..." shocked they turned to the older man standing behind them.

"What were you talking about?"

"Oh just about work." That was just partly a lie.

"I meant about Heechul-ssi"

"Oh that.. Ah well.... It's unfair. Why is he treated otherwise than us?"

"Otherwise?" James peeked into the kitchen and saw both of them cooking together. Heechul tried to cut some vegetables but was interrupted by Hankyung. "Yah! You should chop them! The pieces are way to big!! How am I supposed to eat that!?" He took Heechuls wrist and chopped it together with him.  

James smiled.

"We hate him.. It's-"

James shot around. "You hate him? Do you even know him a bit? Do you know anything about him? You have got no idea what he is going through right now. The only thing you know is his name. Just wait and see. It already began."

"Began?"

"Never mind.. Treat him well ok? Unless you want to be fired."

"You can't do that."

James smiled "That's right I can't. But the Young Master can."

"W-we understand.."

 

Back in the kitchen: 

 

"The rice is done." 

"Good get it here." Heechul lay the pot on the counter bleakly.

"So now you have to mix the ingredients and the rice. Just like that. Here try it." 

"Like that?" "Yeah that's good."

"I'll finish and you set the table!" 

.

.

.

"Ok." Heechul said emotionless. 

 Hankyung turned around with a pan full of delicious Beijing Fried Rice. He sat down and put some on his plate.

Heechuls stood near him with his hands folded. Minutes passed. And Heechul was enjoying the silence that finally occurred with his eyes closed. He wondered what his parents were doing right now. Were they happy? Did they had enough to eat? Do they earn enough money to live? 

"Yah!" Heechul snapped back to reality

"Yes?" 

"I was calling you for the 3rd time already."

"I'm sorry"

"Sit down." "Huh?"

"I told you to sit down." "Yes Master" He sat down aloofly.

"And take another plate." "Master?"

Hankyung looked at Heechul angry. 

"I won't tell you once more. Take a plate, sit down,  and eat." 

"But Master, it's your food" Hankyung glared at the latter. "Y-yes"  "And I can guess you haven't eaten the whole day." "How--" "Your stomach rumbled while we were cooking" He laughed.

"That's embarrassing..." 

Heechul ended up sitting at the table eating a small portion of BFR. Hankyung watched in amazement as within seconds there was nothing left on his Maids plate.

Hankyung cleared his throat and stood up."You can eat the rest. I'm not hungry anymore." 

"But -" 

"Eat well ok?" He ruffled Heechuls hair. 

With that Hankyung left the kitchen. 

Heechuls unbelieving look  followed Hankyung. 

He merely ate anything and now he leaves everything for me? ...

Oh well I might eat it, who know's when I will eat next time...... And he messed my hair!! What am I, his damn dog?

 

 

 

Why do I feel like someone is watching me? 

Abruptly he turned around and caught one of those Maids spying on him. In surprise she fell backwards.

 

"Are you alright?" He stood up approached her to help her stand up.

"I'm fine. Don't worry. I'll be going then" 

"Wait a moment!!" Heechul looked at the pan full of BFR while holding her wrist.

".. Would you like to have some? I don't think I can eat it alone..."

"M-me?"    "Yeah. Just if you like of course."

"I don't know..." 

"Please?"     " ...ok..." 

"Yay!! So what's your name?" 

"I'm Nana" "Hi Nana I'm Heechul, nice to meet you. Come! Take a seat."  The weird mood of Hankyung being there, faded immediately.

Hesitantly Nana sat down.

Why is he being so nice to me? If he would have known what I have said about him just some minutes ago, he would hate me. But actually.. he is not that bad. Maybe we can be friends.

"So how long are you working for Hankyung already?"

"For over 3 years already."

"Woow that's really long!! How can you stand him? I mean. I am already going crazy and it's my first day.. " 

"I don't know I think I got used to it. But if you hate it that much, why are you working here?" 

"......"

"Heechul-ssi?"  "BTW you can call me however you like, just drop -ssi please" he changed the subject.

"Ok.." 

"....I don't have any other chance. I accidentally dirtied his clothes, and now I have to pay back..."  

"Really? That . Aren't you.. well embarrassed?" 

"You mean because of the costume?"  She nodded. "It's not that bad, my sister always made me wear her clothes, so I'm kind of used to it..." He scratched his head..

"I would be embarrassed in your place..If I would have to dress as a guy?..wuahh.." She shivered on purpose.

Heechul laughed..  "Don't you think I look good?? Look at this" He lay his chin on his hands as like he would support it, made pouty lips, widened his eyes and fluttered with his lids "Don't I look cute??" 

She laughed "You do!... Let's be friends!" 

Heechul looked at her in surprise "Really? I'd looove to!" He chirped in a girly voice. "We can be beeeest friends!!" He stood up and danced through the kitchen, making Nana laugh. "You look like a chicken"

 

No he really is not bad. 

.

.

.

 

"I'm sorry Heechul." "Huh?" "Before I met you, I said mean things about you. I'm sorry"

"..."

"Heechul?"

"..."

"I'm sorry"  "well.. I don't know whether I can forgive you.." "But--" 

"I was just kidding! I never was mad or something! It's alright" He smiled at her. 

"You scared me.." She pouted. 

 

"Yah, weirdo." A not amused voice called Heechul. Slowly he turned around just to see a mad looking Hankyung standing at the door. "Young Master!" Nana shot up and bowed 90 degrees.

"I told you to eat it, not share." 

"So? You never said that I wasn't supposed either."

"And nobody allowed you either."

"Heechul. I--" "No wait it's ok" Heechul shushed her. "I'll deal with him. He can't fire me after all" He whispered and winked at her.

The wink not unnoticed by Hankyung.

"Yah chicken! Look at me while I am talking to you."

"Look, you told me to eat it. It was way to much! So to not to waste, I shared. What's your problem?" They stared into each others eyes for a while.

Hankyung gritted his teeth and left. 

You are.

 

"Thank you" 

"No problem! That's what friends do!"

 

 

Yaay Heechul got a friend!! ^^

So as you can see the relationship between Hankyung and Heechul is not very good. They don't like each other. Heechul is cold to Hankyung and vice versa. 

Sorry if it was not that clear in that chapter. Just wanted to make sure that you know. 

Your comments really made my day! Hi to all those sweet new readers!!  And hi to my subscribers! 

 

 

Excuse any mistakes, English is not my mother tongue! 

Thanks for reading!

 

KCL