Spending time together

I am his Maid

I think I got a bit tooo excited with my new phone... After we returned home, I couldn't resist to try out every single function. Compared to my old flip phone with which one could only call and write mails, this one was a small computer! My fingers slid over the touch screen trying out the camera function, downloading various apps, checking the internet, shooting first selcas, playing games or just trying out useless stuff... In the end I spent the whole night fooling around with my new phone... 

After I finally decided to go to sleep and put the phone on charge, I started to drift off with a smile on my lips... But I never entered dreamland since after a few minutes..

"Heechul!" A happy (!) male voice called out. Who is it? You are right. No other but Hankyung himself… Groaning I just my other side, but he pulled me back. 

"Yah! Sleepyhead wake up!" Sleepy..head? Sounds a bit to cute...

"Go away" 

"Come on! Nana made breakfast!" "But I---" "No buts! Wake up! Or else..." 

"Or else what?" I asked grinning "Or else... Fine then don't. I just wanted to eat breakfast with you together but well, if you don't want to.." he slowly walked out of the room. "Nana made fried rice.. I don't know whether there will be something left afterwards" he thought aloud and my eyes shot open. Without second thoughts I stood up and ran past him. He just laughed and chased after me. 

 

After we ate he somehow disappeared in no time, leaving me alone at the table.. I thought for a moment and realized that I had no task for the day, so I walked to Hankyungs office to ask him.

"What you should do?" He asked looking up from his computer. "Well, actually I have to do some business. The maids already cleaned most of the house like everyday so there won't be much to do. Just see this as your free day. Do whatever you like." 

I nodded still a bit sleepy. 

"What?" I asked as I heard him laugh. "No nothing. I just think you spent  to much time on playing with the phone yesterday" 

I pouted "Is it that obvious?" "Nooo. Clearly not" he said sarcastically. 

"Yeah yeah.. I think I'm gonna take a nap then.. if you need something just call.." 

 

 

Entering my room I let myself fall onto the bed. Even though I wanted to sleep, my brain didn't let me... Different thoughts kept circling in my head preventing me to fall asleep.. 

It's somehow funny. Such an irony of life. My parents have debts. Huge debts and I am sitting here surrounded by pure luxury.

Exactly one week ago, I found out about the high debts of my parents. On the same day I met Hankyung who took me in. The next day my parents already sold our house and were about to move to my cousins somewhere in the south. Even though Hankyung just wanted to get his money I owed him, he offered me a weird job. I met Siwon who told me that Hankyung isn't that much of an , as I think.. I guess I know what he means now. He really is not that bad after all. I have to admit that I hated him in the beginning, but now... I think that he didn't like me in the beginning either. He kept calling me names and stuff, but now he uses my real name.. I think I can say that we are close to being friends. We are not yet, since I don't know much about him, except his social status, his birthday and that he is the most popular guy at school. I don't know much about his life. He doesn't know about mine either. And I definitely don't plan on telling him about my life. I don't want to tell him about my problems. He doesn't need to know. When I think about it now... I am just his employee. I am not his friend but employee so he doesn't need to know much about me.. Yeah... that's the reason why he treats me nice.. He treats me like his employee not his friend. Somehow this thought made me... sad... but I pushed it away..

Working here I met Nana one of Hankyungs maids who supported me from the beginning as well as James. Both of them helped me in the past week. They made my life easier here at Hankyungs place. Hankyungs friends treat me nice, even though they don't know anything about me. I have to admit, it was hard at the beginning. I had to get used to this place, to wearing a dress, calling him Young Master and stuff.. But I don't regret it in anyway... If I wouldn't have met Hankyung that day, I wouldn't have met Nana, Siwon or Eunhyuk. Maybe I would be sitting at my cousins home in some dump selling fish right now. 

No, I don't regret it, in fact I am glad. 

 

 

My eyes spotted the boxes I brought from home. I haven't opened them since I 'moved' here. I wonder what's inside.

 

All sleepiness was gone when I jumped of the bed and got one of those big boxes and placed it on the bed. Curiously I opened it and peeked inside. I was greeted by a picture of my sister and me. We were standing in front of a big lake somewhere near Seoul. It was a sunny summer day and we were out on a trip with my parents. I was 16 that time. We were happily smiling into the camera as the wind blew our hair into our faces. I remember that day clearly. I wanted to got out with Donghae and Kibum, but my family wanted to go onto a walk instead. Even though I protested hard, they somehow managed to convince me to go with them. We spent the whole day walking around the lake, sometimes throwing stones into it, making funny pictures or splashing each other with the cold water cooling us from the summer heat.  This picture stood on my desk before. 

I lay it beside me and looked into the box again. Underneath was a painting by my sister. She made it for my 15th birthday. It shows me sitting in front of a wall on which there are abstract samples in various colors and forms all radiating form me. She didn't paint me to detailed since the picture was not that large just like 30x30 cm but one could still recognize me. 

The next item was a Polaroid camera I got from my parents. Just then the door flew open and Nana came in. She raised her eyebrows as she saw me with the opened box and the items on the bed. Interested she came over and sat next to me mustering the things.

I told her the stories behind the things she pointed out. 

"Wahh.. Your sister surely is amazing! And pretty too!" She said as she looked at the painting and the picture. I nodded while pulling out a few other things. My manhwas, a few books and a heart bracelet. 

All this things reminded me of my family. I don't know whether there would be a time, when we could be happy together again. Laughing and having fun like we did in the past. It all changed after my father lost his job. He didn't come home for a few day, wouldn't pick up his phone. My mother was worried all the time. She would cry often and whenever dad came home, he was drunk, causing them to fight the next day. In that time I got mad at them often and didn't talk to them for a while. I would spent most of my time with my sister, distracting me from the problems we had... 

Nana must have noticed my change of mood since she suddenly lay her head on my shoulder.  "Heechul-ah... don't worry... everything will be fine." 

I looked at the picture again, tracing my sisters features with my finger. Nana observed this action and softly took my hand in hers intertwining our fingers. Her thumb caressed my finger softly. "You miss them right?" I looked at our hands and nodded lightly. It was exactly the same feeling I had when I spent time with my sister. Whenever someone of us felt bad we used to just sit there holding each others hand. We didn't need to say anything. We understood what the other felt and thought just by looking at each other. She raised her head and looked into my sad eyes. 

Smiling warmly at me she caressed my cheek with her free hand, making me face her. "I will be by your side" she said. 

"Promise" I whispered

She nodded "I promise". She managed to lighten my mood. 

My arms slid around her thin waist as I burrowed my face in her neck and hugged her tight closing my eyes. She hugged me back.

We stayed in that position for a while, before I pushed her onto the bed, me laying halfway on her, my head still in her neck. 

"Heechul-ah" she groaned under my weight. Without opening my eyes I moved from her and lay next to her, pulling her closer  and making her face me. I didn't let go of her waist either. "Can we just stay like that for a while?" 

"Yeah" she whispered. 

Her voice seemed far away as I slowly fell asleep. 

 

(F.T Island Always be mine)

Nana's POV:

He didn't move away as I took his hand in my, caressing it softly. I feared that he would pull it away. But he didn't. 

The way he looked at the picture. Those sad, with sorrow filled eyes. It made me sad as well. Very sad. I felt useless. I wanted to change that sad expression into a happy one. That one he used to have whenever we spent time together. But I just didn't know how. 

I caressed his cheek so that he would face me. His sad filled, big beautiful eyes looked at me. I could see my reflection in them. I could get lost in his dark brown orbs. I didn't know how I could help him, but I knew one thing. I wanted to be there for him. Whenever he would need somebody to lean on. To talk to. I wanted to be that person.  

"I will be by your side" "Promise" 

Happiness spread in me. "I promise." He smiled sadly and hugged my waist. My heart skipped a beat. It made me feel warm inside. 

He softly pushed me down onto the bed catching me off guard. 

My heartbeat fastened rapidly. Eventually he just moved to my side asking me to stay to which I agreed. 

He didn't seem to hear me properly thought, since soon after he moved, he already took deep long breaths signalizing me that he fell asleep. I watched him sleep for a while. He looked like a fallen angel while sleeping. His perfect lips parted lightly, his face relaxed, his hair falling into his face lightly. 

Hesitantly I raised my hand to wipe the bangs out of his face. I let my hand trace his features. First his cheek.... his jaw line..... his chin.... his nose... He stirred lightly and pulled me closer to him. I stopped breathing for a moment and just observed his face relaxing again.

And finally his lips. They were so close. I could feel his warm breath on my face. I stared at him and felt this warm feeling inside of me again. The feeling every person knows.

Unconsciously I moved closer to his face, my eyes half closed. His breath tracing my lips. There was not much space left anymore.

 

Suddenly it hit me what I was trying to do and pulled away fastly. I felt bad for trying to kiss him. 

I distanced myself from him a bit and just looked at his face. 

 

That feeling...

Having butterflies in ones stomach. It's breath taking and wonderful at the same time. 

 

I think you know what  has happened to me in just one week? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, that's right. I couldn't help but fall for him. Fall in love with that person that brings sunshine into my dark and boring day. 

 

I fell in love with Heechul.  

 

~*~+~*~

Hello! How have you been? 

I've got a question: Who do you want Heechuls sister to be? I was thinking about Sohee or Boa but well, I'm not sure... Any other suggestions?