New Boss

OFFICE LOVER

 

A month later.

 

“Come in!”

Slowly I open the door and step in. Mr. Han called me a minute ago and asked me to come to his room.

“Please have a seat first, Yoona!”

I sit across to him obeying his command. I smell a serious talk.

“Is there anything you need from me, Sir?”

Instead of answering me, he takes his cup of (I bet it’s) black coffee and take a sip. Need few seconds for him to speak after he put the glass back. “This is my last day, Yoona.”

I pout. “I know, Sir.”

“Starting from next Monday, you will move to GE office in Gangnam. You are going to be Head Director’s secretary. Is it clear, Yoona?”

No need to get shocked because of this right now. My senior had told this to me in this morning. Of course I was shocked.  I thought I was going to be the secretary of the next president.

“I have  some reasons why you have to be there. You will learn everything there and of course you will gain more experiences than here in this main office.”

Yeah, I know that. All artists are gathered there, included the trainees. I heard it’s more complicated working there than any GE offices (even GE main office). Can I be able to handle it?

 

 

 

I need to pack everything on my 2 years table. I remember how nervous I was when I sat in this chair for the first time. I don’t have a big dream. My dream is only being a secretary in a big company. And it’s achieved already. I actually love singing and dancing, but its not good enough for being an idol. So contribute myself in entertainment industry is enough for me.

“So, it’s true you will leave?”

Someone stand beside me already, leaning her bottom to the edge of my table. I look up to know whose the voice is. It’s Yoon sunbaenim, my closest friend in here.

“Yes, sunbaenim! I will leave today,” I said as I give her a smile.

“To “that” office? I envy you so bad.”

Everyone here always call GE Gangnam as “that”. It’s like a dream working at GE Gangnam, everyone want to work there because they can meet many artists.

“But more than that, I will miss you. We used to eat lunch together, helping each other when we met difficulties, sharing our thought. I am sure I am gonna miss you, Yoona.”

Her words make me sad. However, I can be like this because of her as well. She helped me a lot. I used to burden her asking this or that and she said she didn’t felt that way. She is one of the most humble persons in the world. Ugh, I want to cry.

“Sunbaenim, don’t be like that. I will find you a boyfriend soon if I meet a single man there.”

She punches my arm lightly, “Just take care of yourself.” I stand up. Then we hug each other.

“I will miss you too, sunbaenim.”

She pats my shoulder, “You have my sympathies.”

Ugh?

“What do you mean?”

“Just beware if that man try to tease you or else. That playboy has a girlfriend already.”

“What? He? Who?”

“Someone whom you will work with.”

I don’t understand. Does Mr. Takeshi –GE Gangnam’s head director-  like teasing women? He is old already, even he is single because his wife had passed away though. But…..YAKS! Please tell me Yoon sunbaenim just joked around.

“Hahahahaha! But don’t worry. They can break up one day, then you can fill her spot in his heart. If only you are the only one.”

Sunbae winks before leaving.

Oh my God! I wished Mr. Han called me back and told me that he didn’t retire yet right now.

 

*****

 

MONDAY IS COMING!

I am so nervous. How to walk after I get out from this taxi? My legs are trembling now. I am more worried I will pee here.

I had visited GE Gangnam before. Twice if I am not mistaken. I saw lot of famous idols there. Glad that none of them is my favorite so I don’t to be freak meeting them. I only liked Ailee and I have stopped being that fox’ fan. I gave all her albums to her fans. As I announced it on fancafe, so many people put an interest on it.

Come to think of it, Lee Jonghyun is working there. Woah, will I often meet him there? But I heard he loves to lock himself in his room, working from morning to late night (I know this from GE’s big gossip girls). He seems such a workaholic.

“We arrived, Miss!”

I take some money from my clutch bag and give it to the driver before I am out.

Wow!! GE Gangnam is in front of me. The biggest GE company, even bigger than the main office. I am sure I will get many lessons here. And also the pressures.

I am so glad my legs are not trembling again. But I am still nervous. I walk on the lobby and I have seen some artists pass by. It’s still daebak for me even though I once stepped my feet here few times.

The receptionist greets me warmly as I walk to them. She knows me before I introduce myself. Seems she knows I am being waited right now. She asks me to wait in Jasmine room, so I follow her guidance. We walks together, she leads me.

“Sunbae, why are you like this? Please, get your mind back. Don’t act like this!”

We have to stop as three persons follow a man with upset face. They seem don’t realize me and this miss receptionist.

“I am quit! This is not fair! Just be his slaves from now on.”

Then they disappear, turning they way to the gate.

“What’s going on here anyway?” I asked.

“I am sorry. There’s a chaos here since the head director is changed.”

“Changed? Mr. Takeshi is changed?”

“Yes, Miss! Last Thursday he decided to resign in sudden. All the commissaries of GE had a sudden meeting at the same day in the evening to choose the next head director at GE main office.”

Wait! Why Mr. Han didn’t tell anything about this? I was still at the main office at Friday. Nobody told me about this. Why did he hide this? I was still her secretary, even it was my last day though.

“I just knew it in this morning,” she said as if she knew what something in my mind right now. “Seems some people disagree with what the commissaries had decided.”

“About the next head director?”

“Yes.”

“Who is he?”

“You will know it, Miss Im. He is waiting for you now. Please follow me!”

We are walking back to Jasmine room. It is not far from the place we were standing for a while before. We stop in front of the door.

“I leave you here, Miss Im! And welcome to GE Gangnam!”

She gives me her smile again before she takes a leave. I breathe out to release my nervous.

#KNOCK KNOCK#

“…”

Is someone really waiting for me inside this room?

#KNOCK KNOCK#

“…”

I brave myself to push the door since I got no answer inside. “Excuse me!” But the door is pulled from the inside before I pushed it. It’s my bad to use my strength as I push the door, so I fall. No, I am almost falling if someone didn’t catch me. I feel something is wrapping my body now. And the scent, this masculine scent, catch my attention. A familiar scent.

“Hey, get up! You are okay, right?”

This voice…..

I push his chest to make a distance. Gasping as find out who is the person who just saved me.

Omo!

Lee Jonghyun.

“I am so glad you are finally coming. I need you to put the data on the table to my laptop on the desk. I hope you can finish it before lunch. Okay?”

The he leaves me in hurry. He runs to an opened elevator. He doesn’t even give me any chance to speak. Does he remember me anyway? He seems not remember anything about what had happened a month ago between us on the award event. But he looks more gergous when he wear formal suit like that. He looks like a boss come from heaven.

“YOONA EONNI!”

I turn my head around to know someone who just called my name. My mouth is opened unconsciously.

“OH MY GOD! SEOHYUN!”

I run to her and we hug each other.

“Yoona unnie, you finally come! You have no idea how excited I was when I heard you are transferred to here.”

We jump together.

“Me too! I emailed you right away after Mr. Han told me I moved.”

This is Seo Joohyun. My bestfriend for ever. We have been this close since middle school. We even entered same high school, college, and we have same destination where we would work at. We took a test together at GE main office and we both were accepted. But unfortunately, she got placed in GE Gangnam, meanwhile I got placed in GE main office.

“Today is such a big day for me!”

“Because I moved to here?”

“That’s one of my reasons. More than that, I got promoted to be a secretary of vice director!”

“Cool! So we will work together, right?”

“Yes! So, let’s start working now. Today will be a hectic day since Mr. Takeshi left. It’s such a bad timing because he left when GE will release a new boy group soon. Your boss gathered me and my boss on meeting room to collect any data while waiting for you.”

“Where is my boss? I only saw Lee Jonghyun. He just left. Does boss need him?”

“You just met your boss, unnie.”

 

 

Note: Hi everyone! I need you to criticize me about my writing. Is it too fast, maybe you don't understand, or else? Just tell me, i welcome it. Thanks~