Blue Moon Academy

Slaves of Blue Moon

I walk into the academy with Chanyeol a step behind me, grumbling as he drag my luggage. I turn to face him and smiled at the sight of him. He was struggling with the luggage and every time he tried to lift the luggage, he would let out a string of curses.

“Hurry up!” I yelled and gestured him to move faster.

A student who was walking nearby jumped at my sudden yelling and turn with a frown. Her handbag fell to the ground with a ‘thud’ and she turn to glare at me. Her slave quickly picked the bag up and apologized as she kicked him to make him move.

“You caused that” a voice said suddenly which made me jump.

I turn to see my dear friend Eunji with her slave next to her. “Eunji! You surprised me!” I told her and lightly hit her arm.

“What did I do?” she said emotionless “I just state the fact. You caused the poor child to be kicked by his master” she pointed to the slave.

“Sorry?” I said and laughed nervously.

“One more thing” she said and I look at her in the eyes “just because we’re out of the village doesn’t mean that we can treat our slave the same way” she turn toward Chanyeol who, at last, was able to enter the academy gates with the luggage.

“That? It’s his punishment” I simply said. She raised a brow at me for further explanation and I sighed.

“He lost the bet and his punishment was to wash the dishes but he didn’t do it and Lay was the one who did it so I made him carry my luggage as punishment” I told her.

We heard grumbling and curses getting closer so we turn towards it. “Eunji!!! She’s bullying me!” Chanyeol wailed and let go of the luggage.

“I am not bullying you and she knew the reason why you’re doing this so no chance of escaping the punishment!” I told him and saw Eunji shaking her head while smiling.

“Sorry” was all she said which caused Chanyeol to pout.

Chanyeol turn to me and frowned “What did you put in there?” he asked “Rocks? It’s so damn heavy!” he stated and huffed.

“Not rocks but books” I said and turn to walk.

“BOOKS?!” he screamed and earned glares from the others nearby “Why the hell did you bring books?” he asked “I thought this was supposed to be your clothes” he said.

“Chanyeol, clothes aren’t that heavy” I told him.

“Still, I thought that it was the jewelleries that made it this heavy” he mumbled though I could still hear it since he was close.

“I don’t have jewelleries. Even if I do, it’s not heavy” I said.

“So you decided to bring your library with you?!” he said as he follow behind me.

“I did not bring a library” I told him “It’s not like I have that many books to call it a library” I muttered but I guess he heard me.

“Hmm… It’s not like I have that many books to call it a library you say…” he said in a really low tone “I’m assuming that you brought everything in your room and maybe some from the reading room” he stated.

I shook my head quickly “I didn’t bring everything from my room. I mean, I left the cookbook because I can do all the cooking in the book already and Lay can cook for us” I told him.

He sighed at my statement “You’re wrong about another thing though” I started and I can see both Eunji and her slave seemed to be interested.

“What is it?” he simply said.

“I brought everything from the reading room” I said and saw Eunji trying to hold back her laughter.

Chanyeol scowled “So you did bring the whole library with you” he said.

“I did not!” I stated.

“Hana, you did bring a library with you” Eunji said.

“Not you too!” I told her “You’re my friend. You’re supposed to help me” I pouted.

“I can’t help you. Now that I know what he’s holding, I pity him. I bet it’s really heavy” she said.

“Come on! It’s just one luggage. It can’t be heavy” I said “look at that” I pointed to another slave who had so many bags on his back that even his head is barely visible from the back “he’s taking much more than what Chanyeol’s holding and he can run!” I argued.

Eunji sighed “At least those are clothes. What you made him bring is the entire room” she said.

“That’s exaggerating” I told her “whatever! Let’s just continue walking” I gave up on arguing.

I heard Chanyeol calling for Eunji’s slave “Junho, help me carry the other side of the library” he said and I heard Junho chuckling.

 

We continue walking further into the academy. We’ve been following the pathway for quite some time and there is only one thing that came to my mind.

“There’s nothing here” I voiced out my thought and saw Eunji raising a brow.

“Of course there’s nothing. There’s a 5 km walk from the entrance to the first park before we could see the market. I thought every student was given a map. Did you not get one?” she asked.

“Map? What map?” I asked back, feeling confused.

She pulled out a brochure from her bag and hand it to me. “You didn’t get this one?” she asked.

I took a glance at the brochure and look at Chanyeol. I gave him a questioning look.

“Lay did ask you to read the brochure last night” he simply said.

“He did?” I could feel my eyes getting wider “I don’t remember him telling me about any brochure” I said softly trying to recall everything Lay had said last night.

“He told you to read the brochure since the day you received the letter of acceptance to this academy” he told me.

“Really?!” I gasped.

Eunji sighed “Let me guess” she started and turn to Chanyeol “she said that she would read it later but doesn’t read it at all and last night, instead of reading it, she placed it in her bag” she said.

Chanyeol nodded and pointed to the bag I was holding. “I saw her stuff it in that bag with her other things. Lay doesn’t know about it but if he knew, I guess he would have forced you to read in front of him this morning” he said.

I gave him a death glare “You should have told me! I could have at least read on the way here” I said while trying to find the so called brochure.

“I thought you’ve read it last night when you dump your things in the bag” he said calmly.

I sighed and turn to walk the direction where we were heading before, only to bump into a girl. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t looking ahead” I said quickly.

“No, no, I wasn’t looking where I was going either” she replied with an angelic smile.

I was so shocked by the pretty smile that I couldn’t say anything. I could only see her bow and walk away.

“Hana? Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked as he turn my body around. His face was filled with worry.

“I think I just saw an angel” I whispered and he laughed “Why are you laughing?” I frowned.

“Nothing. I thought she’s your long lost enemy or something” he tried controlling his laughter “you just turned into a stone for a while” he said.

I pouted at him “I didn’t get her name” I mumbled.

“Don’t you think that she’s one of those rich kids? Look at her dress! She have diamonds studded on her dress” Eunji exclaimed.

I scowled at her “She’s kind!” I nearly screamed at her.

Eunji raised her hands in defeat “Sorry princess, I’ll change the sentence” she said and cleared “She must be rich! Look at her dress!” she acted as if the angel just left. When she found me looking unsatisfied, she continued her act “And yet she’s so kind. Not like the other rich kids here” she said and I smiled.

I walked ahead of them and pretended like I’m interested in the woods surrounding me. “Gosh, how can she trust that girl? She’s obviously one of the rich kids. The only difference is that she haven’t have her slave. I bet she would turn into a cruel master once she get her first slave” I heard Eunji talking to someone.

Well, the chances of my angel becoming a devil is there but I have a feeling that she’s different. There’s something about her that made me curious. She have a really different aura. She feels just like the people back at the village.

I continued walking until I met a really large crowd surrounding a small fountain. We just stood around there for around 5 minutes doing nothing, looking like a total peasant as the other people around us talking in small groups.

The girls would talk about the latest fashion while the boys would boast about their latest car. I turn to Eunji and she sighed. “I have no idea what to talk about or how to start a conversation with them” she said quickly.

I gave her an apologetic smile “Don’t worry, we’ll get used to it. It doesn’t seem that hard to talk to them. Look rich and they’ll start talking to you” I told her. Based on my observation, there are groups of people who look super rich and there are also groups that still have the rich look but less accessories on their body.

“That should be the simplest way” a voice said from behind which made both Eunji and I jump.

When we turn around, we saw a guy walking towards us “Sorry, I didn’t think I’d make you two jump, considering your slaves were already making a way for me to get closer to you” he said.

I blinked a few times at him “Sorry. What?” I asked when I realised that he was talking to us.

He chuckled and extended his hand for a handshake “My name is Gitae” he said.

I look at his hand for a while before shaking it. “Hana” I said “and my friend here is Eunji” I quickly introduced her.

“By the way, what you said just now, about looking rich to talk to them” he pointed to the rich group “it works but only for a short time. Believe me, many tried what you said and I’m included” he said.

“So, it’s only for a while. What happens later?” Eunji asked.

“They leave us. Once they found out that you’re not rich, they’ll leave you. That’s why we create an organization for those not from here, especially for those who are not rich” he explained.

“We?” I raised a brow.

Gitae smiled and pointed to a girl who is talking to a few other students whose dress-up is almost like ours. “People like that girl and me. We create this organization to help those who might need help in adjusting to the situation here the way we were before” he said.

Since his explanation is rather vague, he continued. “You see, most people from out of this city would enter schools in their village. Same goes to the kids here. They would automatically enter this school because they live here but there is an exception, those with slaves before the official summoning would be sent to this Blue Moon Academy too. This means, those from villages far from here would have problems with adapting to the environment here. Plus, there will be bullying and such towards those from out of town. That’s why we’re here to help” he explained.

“Bullying?” Eunji muttered.

“Yes. Bullying and there might be seniors doing it to you too so be careful. We can’t totally protect you but we can help financially and educationally” he said and we nod in understanding.

“Alright everyone!” a stern voice said from the front “Those who haven’t got their slave yet, go to the notice board, check your name and room number. Once you got your room number go straight to the apartment there and search for your room” she said and point to the few tall apartments in our view “well, hurry up! Don’t waste my time!” she warned and everyone rush to the board.

She turn back to the rest of us “The rest of you will check your name after them. Your place is not like them. It is in the form of single houses not apartment lots like them. You’re lucky you got your slave early. Thanks to your slave, you got a pretty house. Thank them once you reach your house” she said before leaving.

“She’s scary” Eunji said.

“Is she one of us? With high authority maybe? I mean, that’s the only reason why she can be that way towards the rich kids” I stated.

“She’s the student council president and a rich girl” Gitae answered.

I turn to him “Rich? I thought rich helps rich?” I asked him.

“She was left and bullied by the rich before because she was a void so she’s a neutral now” he answered while looking at where the girl was going to.

“Void? What’s a void?” Eunji asked.

Gitae turn to her and said “People who didn’t get their first slave on their official summoning. Will you excuse me?” he said before following the president.

“Does that mean we are void?” Eunji asked again.

“No, void means that you didn’t get your first slave even after doing the official summoning. Void usually gets their first slave after the official summoning. Let’s say around a few months after that? There are also voids who never get a slave. I thought we read the book about void already” I told her.

Eunji blinked her eyes a few times. “We did?” she asked and turn to Junho.

“Yes we did” Junho replied.

“Why don’t I remember?” she grumbled.

“Cause you read it when you were 7 years old” Chanyeol answered.

Eunji turn to Chanyeol then back to me “You expect me to remember something from back then?” she said and raised her hand “I AM NOT YOU!!” she smacked me in the head.

I screamed at the pain she had inflicted on me. “I don’t get why your hand is that strong when you hit someone but you can’t even lift a bucket of water by yourself” I grumbled.

“HITTING YOU AND LIFTING A BUCKET OF WATER IS DIFFERENT!” she yelled at me, gaining weird looks from the students around us. When she realised that she was too loud, she lowered her head but continued with what she wanted to say “They are the total opposite” her voice started to get softer “the direction of…” her voice went to almost a whisper before I couldn’t identify what she was talking about.

“What are you saying?” I asked her with a frown.

She shook her head “Forget it” she said with a tinge of pink on her cheeks and started walking, following the others that was walking towards the notice board.

I turn to Chanyeol and saw him sighing. “What?” I asked but he just shook his head.

He turn to the direction where Eunji went “Let’s just go and find your room” he said and walked towards Eunji.

I turn to see both Junho and Chanyeol talking to Eunji. “What did I do wrong?” I said and tried to think of something that could make her sad.

“She’s probably just embarrassed” a guy with deep voice said from behind me.

I jumped at the voice “What is wrong with the people here? Why do they always pop up from behind me?” I said and turn around with a frown.

“Sorry” he said and rub his neck “didn’t mean to startle you” he continued but then turn his attention to Eunji “that girl, I think she’s just embarrassed about the incident just now” he turn to me again and smiled “I guess I have to go now” he said and walked away.

“Wh – Wait!” I tried calling him but he doesn’t seem to hear me “I didn’t get your name” I mumbled and turn around to see Chanyeol in front of me.

“Who was that?” he asked.

“Who was what guy?” I questioned back.

“That guy you were talking to” I turn to the direction he was staring at. It was the guy from before.

I blinked my eyes a few time, thinking of the right way to say it “I don’t know” I started “someone who told me that Eunji is just embarrassed after hearing me asking if I did something wrong” I told him.

He turn to me and raised an eyebrow. “So, is she just embarrassed or is it something else?” I asked him.

“He’s right. She’s just embarrassed” he said and I sighed in relieve “can we go and check where you’ll be living from now on?” he asked and pointed to the notice board so I nod and head to where Eunji is standing with Chanyeol following me from behind.

“We’re living together, Hana!” Eunji said excitedly.

I turn to Junho for explanation. “You two are in the same house” he simply said.

“Anyone else?” I asked, wondering if I have to keep Lay hidden until the official summoning.

Junho shook his head “Just the two of you” he said and smiled knowing what I had in my mind.

“Each house have two names in it. Based on the map, our house is at the very end of the housing area” Eunji explained “why are we at the end? Is it because we are from the village?” she asked more to herself.

I pat her back and sighed “Let’s not worry about that. We still have a long walk ahead of us” I said “let’s go” I pushed her gently so that we could start our long journey to our new home.

“Oh, by the way Hana” Eunji turn to me and wiggled her brows “who was that hot guy you were talking to?” she asked in a teasing tone.

“No one” I said with no emotion.

Instead of asking more questions and more teasing like usual when I talk to a guy, she just smirked and walked ahead of me.

 

A/N

Here's the second chapter ~ 

What do you think of Hana's angel? Will she be like the others? Who do you think is that hot guy? Why would Eunji have a different reaction than how she would normally react to a guy talking with Hana? Comment what you think.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.