Chapter 5

Untamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 5

 

“The results are out for last week’s test.” Ms. Lee strictly scans her class, looking for a certain someone. “Sehun, do you know where Mr.Kim is?” Sehun anxiously looks up at his teacher; his eyes were unmoving from the ground. “I don’t know...” He answers quickly, building up suspicion in Ms. Lee’s eyes. She was sure these two trouble makers were up to something.

“Fine. Tell him to meet me if he still wants to attend this academy!” She said and started to hand out the corrected test papers. Yuna waits in anxiety, her hair framing both sides of her face. She starts to bite her nails as the teacher distributes their papers. Some had smiles on their faces while the others were scowling, probably cursing Ms. Lee for being very strict with the correction.

“Damn! I failed!” Yuna could hear Sehun’s rambling from behind. He was very depressed with his marks and his inner voice was telling him that his mom would probably starve him tonight after seeing his grade.  Yuna rolled her eyes, and she had heard him mumbling about how he had studied for a ‘whole’ hour for the test. She had studied the whole day!

“Excuse me!” She heard a voice from the front. It was an unfamiliar face. He was tall and lean. She couldn’t really see much of his features from her place but she was sure that he would probably be handsome as hell. Ms. Lee glared at him and motioned him to get inside the class. The way he walked was definitely worth the sight, he didn’t seem to care about the old woman throwing daggers at him. He even had the nerve to walk past Ms. Lee without even sparing an apology.

Yuna tried to remember his face; she clearly had not seen him before. She could hear a few girls giggling and repeatedly uttering the name ‘Kai’. She quickly grasped that it was the unfamiliar boy’s name. “Kai...” She whispered his name under her breath, there was something about him that distracted her way more than it should have. There was something wrong, something sure to cause trouble in the future. She wondered how he could act like nothing mattered to him. It made her angry; some kids really did have it easy in life.

“Kai, why come to the academy if you just skip each and every class!” Ms. Lee asks, staring at the younger boy with intensity. “You have been absent for a whole week!” Ms. Lee seemed to be embarrassed when Kai didn’t even care about her outburst.

“I’m sorry. I was sick.” Kai finally apologised, although it wasn’t very sincere. He just wanted the old hag to shut it already. He was only absent for a week! It was not a big deal for him.

“Anyway, no more indiscipline will be tolerated!” Ms. Lee finally proceeded to distribute the other test papers after confronting with Kai. Yuna understood why she had not seen him, he was absent for a whole week! She had joined here only the previous week.

Kai raced his way to the middle of the class after Ms. Lee had finally let him off the hook. He was surprised to see someone else sitting in his place. It was a girl, with long black hair and pale skin. She was just as surprised as he was when she saw him walk up to her.

“Hmm... This is my place.” He answered her questioning look. She nodded. None of the two seemed to move and soon Ms. Lee caught the tension in the class.

“Kai, you can sit at the back from now on. You don’t come to class anyway.” Ms. Lee stated. Sehun threw Kai a teasing look. “You don’t come to class anyway...” Sehun quietly imitated Ms. Lee. Yuna glared at him, it was wrong to disrespect elders. Her parents had stressed her about moral values.

Yuna could feel Kai staring at her from behind. He had taken a seat right behind her. She was starting to get tense. Maybe he hates her now that she had occupied his seat. She sure didn’t want anything to do with him. She concentrated on biting her nails; it was her way of getting distracted.

“Kim Yuna!” Ms. Lee called out her name after what seemed like forever. Yuna walked to the front, sweat tickling down her face. “Good. You have secured a perfect score!” Ms. Lee congratulated Yuna, whose face was a little brighter now.

“Whoa! Kai, looks like you have got competition.” Sehun said to the boy behind him. Kai rolled his eyes. Yuna could hear murmurs around her as she walked back to her place. Getting attention was not her forte an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter