Chapter 1✨

This Is Our Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Oh Sehun ~weeks before~


 
A boy and a girl are driving in his car. They've been dating for several weeks and the boy wanted to ask her a question. One that's been on his mind for a long time. One that will determine they're future, mainly his. After driving an hour in silence, the boy finally thought it was time. He glanced at her, she was looking out the window at the pretty fall leaves. He called her name and she looked over at him, smiling.

"Do you love me?" He asked. The girl became confused, she asked what he was talking about. "Do you love me for who I am? Not for who my parents are?" 

The girl fell in shock, but her expression instantly filled with guilt. His heart began to ach, he felt like his breathing stopped, was he about to cry? He realized her love for him was just a hoax. Her little joke, but she didn't mean to hurt him. He's met a lot of girls like her, only wanting his money. He parked on the side of the road and told her to leave. Her house was only a few blocks away. She kept staring at him with her eyes stinging with tears. Was she sad because he figured her out? Or was she actually starting to like him? She let herself out and the boy drove away. Looking back in the rear view mirror, he saw her wiping her tears with her sleeve. When he turned the corner, the tears started to flow and he couldn't stop them. 

This isn't a scene from a Korean drama. Although, those shows usually have happy endings. And people aren't as cruel and heartless as they are in the real world. The boy in this story was me. I broke up with my girlfriend two days ago, and I can't stop playing memories of her in my head. As I think about it more and more, I used to get like this after every break up. For the longest time, I've been meaning to find the girl to spend the rest of my life with. Or at least one that will love me as much as I do them.

So far, I haven't found the right person. Maybe I'm loooking in all the wrong places. Most girls I've met, if not all, only want me because of my money. My parents own the biggest hospital in the city and two of the most famous shopping malls, giving me a great financial start on my future. I don't think I can tolerate any more of this. All of these women knocking on my door, making up some story of how they want to be with me. Every time I fell for it, every time I fell for them, and every time I ended up falling pretty hard when I found out the truth. I don't want to believe in love ever again. The subject is too difficult, so I don't want to be in love with anyone ever again.

I sat on a bus, wanting it to take me somewhere far away. I hate being the son of weathy parents. I hate all the attention, so I wore my hood so no one notices me right away. There were only a few people on the bus; me and another family. They don't look like they're from around here, at least I don't recognize ant of them. I looked at their son's luggage and saw a patch of the Chinese flag stitched on the side. Underneath was his name written in traditional Chinese writing. I learned how to read a few things when I went on vacation with my family in Beijing.

His name was Lu Han, if I'm correct. His father noticed me staring at the bag and his son and I quickly looked away. I stared out the fogged up mirror, pretending I didn't hear them talking about me in another language.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter