Chapter 3

Welcome

The bags are so heavy...! Is he actually really mean...? I thought as I slowly returned to school. I had to carry fourteen bottles of water all by myself. As I was about to reach the gym I felt the weigh of the bags disappearing from my hands. I turned around to come face to face with Kim Jinhwan. He was now holding the them. 
"It's ok. I'll carry them." he smiled and continued "Yah! Kim Hanbin!" he called when we entered the gym "What do you think your doing, making a girl carry heavy bags all by herself...!" Jinhwan scolded.
Hanbin looked our way "It's her job." and he continued with what he was doing. 
The rest of the practice went smoothly. Everyone was leaving so I followed their lead - because that's the obvious thing to do - until Hanbin stopped me "Where do you think your going?" he asked. What does he want now...? Tsk... "Home...?" I answered. I think it's obvious... or am I wrong? "I don't think so..." he stated "You have to put everything away, clean everything up and lock up the gym." he tossed me the gym keys and left. I just stood there, looking at his back, dumbfounded. When he was out of sight I looked back a the gym. No... why me...?! I fell to ground and groaned. I just want to go home...! Is that asking too much?! I must have been making a pretty funny face because I heard chuckles coming from behind me. I turn around and see Jinhwan leaning against the door with a smile. How can someone smile all the time...? 
"Do you help with something?" I asked while getting up.
"No, but it looks like you do." he stated.
"Me? Nah... I'm fine...! I just have to put away and clean everything up...!" I sarcasticaly answered.
"Are you sure?" he raised an eyebrow. 
"Well... I won't refuse if you offer help..." I muttered, in resoponse he just chuckled.
We started by putting away the equipment, then we mopped the gym floor and ended by cleaning some of the equipment. By the time we ended we were exhausted, he was probably worse then me. I laid myself - more like threw myself - on the ground and rested for a bit. I looked to the side and Jinhwan was doing the same.
"Thanks." I said.
"It was nothing!" he smiled.
"You must be totally worn out... sorry about that..." I said.
"It's ok. I did it because I wanted." he reassured me. How can someone be so nice...?
"At least let me make it up to you." I say. Just so I won't feel so bad...
"You don't need to do anything... I alread-" I cut him off "Come one! It's the least I can do...!" I looked at him and pouted. It always worked with Junhoe, so why not give it a try with him...? He seemed to be thinking really hard about it. Then he sighed "Fine, but you really don't have to..." he tried to convince me. It was no use "Nice. I'll think about something good!" I exclaimed and got up. I stretched my hand to help him get up. He did, I locked the gym and we headed for the exit.
As we were about to leave the school building we noticed a familiar figure standing at the entrance. As we got closer we realized it was Junhoe. What is he still doing here...?!
"Yah! What took you so long?!" he complained. 
"We were cleaning... what are you doing here...?" I asked confused. 
"I was waiting for you. It's too late for you to go home alone." he stated. What is he...? My dad...? Wait a minute...! "You've been here this whole time...?" he nodded in response "Then why the hell did you not come to help me?!" I exclaimed. He snorted "Who do you think you're talking to...?" I clicked my tongue. Only then did I notice Jinhwan was still standing there looking at us with an amused expression. 
"Well then... see you tomorrow!" he smiled and went the opposite way. 
Junhoe and I went our way as well. Most of the way was quiet, apart from some random exchange of words. Junhoe stopped all of a sudden. I gave him a confused look.
"Don't fall in love with Jinhwan." he said. I looked at him in disbelief until I burst out laughing. What is this kid saying...? He gave me a pointed look "I'm being serious." he stated. I stopped laughing when I saw his serious expression. 
"Ok... don't worry I won't..." I assured him "After all I'm still a soulless creature." I smiled in a - failed - attempt to lighten the mood. What's wrong with him...? The rest of the way home was silent. When we reached my door step he only waved and left just like that. Usually he would flick my forhead and say 'Good night' or something...!

***

The weekend went by too fast. I'm not ready to go back to the basketball club...! That was only the first day and I almost died! I don't know how I'll survive the whole year...
We were now going to have P.E. I went to the locker rooms and got dressed, when I got out Jiwon was standing there with an angry faced Hanbin beside him. Great... I hope his mood gets better by practice time... I walked up to them.
"Are you waiting for someone?" I asked. For what other reason would they be here?
"Yes, we were waiting for you!" he smiled. I gave him a confused look. "Why?" I questioned. We're only classmates I don't see a reason to "Because you have no friends." he stated. I glared at him and he chuckled "I have Junhoe... and Yunhyeng..." I countered. He snorted "They don't count. I mean from our class!" I opened my mouth to say something, but quickly closed it. Damn it... he's right...!  A cough coming from beside Jiwon stole my attention. It was Hanbin, he had his arms crossed and a displeased look on his face. What's wrong with him...? Why is he always on such a bad mood...? I noticed something weird. He had a small bruise on his face and he had a cut on his lip. His knuckles were also bruised. Like I said before - don't get involved with him.
He must've noticed my stare because he clicked his tongue and left "Come on." Jiwon said and dragged me with them. Thankfully for me our teacher was rather nice. Unfortunately he made me participate in the game and guess what sport we were going to play. You guessed it right - basketball...
Somehow I ended up on the same team as Jiwon and Hanbin. Yay for me...! I'm the worst person at sports that involve balls. Actually, I'm bad at every sport. Being in a team with Hanbin didn't make things better.
"You better not mess things up." Jiwon whispered. I looked up at him "One thing Hanbin hates is losing." Great... just what I need. If we lose he's going to let it out on me during practice...! "Thanks... that was all the motivation I needed..." I sarcastically answered. Jiwon chuckled "Anytime!"
After some games it was finally our turn to go. Before we stepped in the court Hanbin gave me a 'If we lose you're dead' look. The teacher blew the whistle and so the game started. As the game moved I was thankful Jiwon and Hanbin were there. The only thing I needed to do was pass the ball and they'd do the rest. But I guess was too naive. Somehow - because of me -  the other team got the ball and started scoring until they caught up to us. I looked over at Hanbin and I didn't like the look on his face. That's it... I'm going to die today... 
For some reason when I looked down at my hands I was holding the ball. I started panicking and looked around for Jiwon or Hanbin, but, for my dismay, they weren't 'available'. What do I do?! What do I do?! 
"Shoot!" I heard someone shout. I looked for the source of the voice, it was Hanbin "Shoot!" he shouted again. He wants me to shoot?! Is he crazy...? He gave a deathly look. I new that it was better to shoot and miss than to not do anything at all. I threw the ball and closed my eyes. I did it and he's going to kill me...! Suddenly I felt someoe's arms around me.
"You did it! You did it!" Jiwon was shouting in my ear. He was ecstatic. Wait does that mean... "Did I score...?" I asked. He looked at me like I asked something really stupid "Of course you did, dummy!" he smiled. I looked over at Hanbin and the moment our eyes met he turned his face and scoffed. What's with him?! Telling me to shoot and then being like that...
"Don't mind him...!" Jiwon  said "That's just the way he is..." he smiled.

***

It's practice time. I groaned as I dragged myself to the gym. When I entered the gym I noticed someone was already there. Some of the equipment was already placed out. I walked to the storage room and found Hanbin. Tsk... it had to be him...
"Do... do you need help...?" I asked reluctantly. He looked at me with his usual straight face.
"You're late." he stated "I had to do all the work." and he walked away. Arg...! Why is he always so unpleasent?! I tried to brush away the angry feeling inside me and followed him. 
"Do you need help with something else?" I forced a smile. I just wanted to punch him in the face "No." and he started doing warm-ups. I suppressed a scream and sat down on the bench. A few minutes later the rest of the team arrived. They all greeted me and joined Hanbin in the warm-ups. Today I didn't feel like sleeping, so I decided to watch them since I had nothing better to do. They looked like they were actually really good. Once in a while Hanbin would point out their mistakes and tell them what they should change and do. They would listen carefully, nod and then do exactly as he told them. Even though he wasn't smiling he looked kind of... happy? Looking like that I would never have thought he had such a bad personality... A while later he started walking towards me. What does he want...?
"Go buy water bottles for everyone. Two for each." he stated. I clicked my tongue, but did as I was told.
I walked to the convinience store near school. I entered and got the water bottles. Suddenly my stomach started making some noises. I'm so hungry...! I looked around the snack area and saw something that interested me - sour cream and onion pringles! I grabbed a can and payed for everything. 
When I got back I distrubuted the bottles to everyone and sat on the bench again to enjoy my snack. The moment I grabbed the can I felt someone take it away from me. I looked up suprised and angry. Hanbin was holding the can, he took a few crisps and threw the can back at me.
"Thanks." he said and walked back to the others. Damn him...! But at least he said thanks...
After practice ended I had to stay behind and clear up everything. And like last time Jinhwan stayed with me and helped me. 
"You don't need to help me, you know..." I stated "Like this I'll own you for life!"
"It's ok." he smiled reassuringly "I can't let you do all that work alone! And I'm the vice-captain so..." he said. We walked to the gates where Junhoe was waiting. That punk...! He waits, but won't even move a finger to help me...!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... third chapter is out! Have you seen iKON's new M/Vs? I loved them! Have you listened to the album yet? I really liket it! Can't wait for the full album! Let me know your thoughts in the comments! :D Thank you for reading!

Bye bye