Chapter 2

Welcome

Friday finally came. It was only the first week of school, but I was already drained... This whole week my teacher has been following be around, lecturing me about joining a club activity because it's mandatory. I've never joined a club, I'm not going to join one now. I just want to enjoy my afternoons at home doing nothing...!
Junhoe waited for me in front of my classroom and, like the past few days, Jiwon and Hanbin tagged along. Junhoe, Jiwon and Hanbin were talking about basketball, it seems like the basketball club activities have started this week. Practices are on Mondays, wednesdays and Fridays. Pff... poor Junhoe, waisting a precious friday on club activities... 
Junhoe elbowed me. Did he read my mind...?
"Looks like she won't let you off the hook today either." he said nodding forward. I followed his stare, already having an idea of whom he was refering to. I was right. It was our teacher, miss Park. I sighed "Why won't you just join a club?" Junhoe asked like it was that simple. Does he not understand that I'm a couch potato?
"You can be our manager." Jiwon intruded. Manager? I don't even know what a manager does... I pretended to think about it for a while, though I already had a response.
"Thank you, but I'll pass." I replied "I'm sure there a lot of girls who want that spot anyway..." Junhoe snorted "Yeah... right..." he muttured.
"Song Woori." the teacher called "I need you to come to the teacher's office after lunch." she stated. Ugh... I'm going to be late for my drama...!
"Yes..." I replied. 
"If you joined a club the lectures would be over...!" Junhoe spoke. I clicked my tongue. The only club I'm joining is the Go Home club...!

***

I ate lunch as fast as I could and hurried to the teacher's office. The sooner the lecture starts the better. I stepped inside the room and looked around for miss Park. She was sitting in her desk looking at some papers. I took a deep breath. It is time to use the self-distraction technique you acquired from your brother!
"I'm here, miss Park." I announced my presence.
"Ah! You were fast!" the teacher exclaimed "Well, I think you already know wh-" Block it! Block it! The last episode of the drama was really exciting...! I nodded my head once in a while so she wouldn't notice that I wasn't paying attention "-or you'll have to stay behind everyday to help me with paperwork." wait...? What...?!
"What did you just say?!" I almost shouted. She gave me a look "I mean... can you repeat what you just said?" I faked a smile.
"I said that if you don't join a club you'll have to stay behind every day to help me with paperwork." she repeated. I looked at her wide eyed "What will you do?" she asked me.
"Is there no other way...?" I tried. She shook her head. I sighed in defeat "I guess I'll have to... join a club..." I can't believe this... she clapped her hands together and smiled wide. Then opened a drawer, grabbed a paper and handed it to me.
"That's a registration form. You just have to fill it out." I looked at it and it was the basketball club resgistration form. 
"I haven't decided what club to join yet..." I said pointing at the paper.
"I thought you'd want that one..." she looked disappointed "Since you're good friends with Koo Junhoe and all..." 
"Yeah, but-" she cut me off "Well then, that's perfect! You'll just have to be a manager!" she gave me a hopefull look. I clicked my tongue and sighed "Great! Fill in the form quickly and you can still be in time for practice!" she smiled. I quickly filled out the form and handed it to the teacher " Good luck!" and she returned to what she was doing before I had come.
As I was heading to practice I realized the teacher didn't tell me where practice was. I decided to call Junhoe. His phone was turned off. Why do you have a phone if it's turned off?! What do I do...? I looked around, but couldn't find anyone. They must be in their club activities already...! 
"You're welcome!" I heard talking. I searched for the source of the voice. I'm sure I know who it is! I was right, it was Jinhwan. He was talking to a teacher. My savior from heaven! I jogged to him.
"Kim Jinhwan!" I called. He turned around as soon as he heard his name "You're in the basketball team, right?" I need to be sure.
"Yes, do you need something?" he smiled. How can someone be so handsome with no effort...? I quickly brushed that thought away and concentrated on the matter at hand.
"Can you tell me where you're practicing?" I asked. He looked at me curiously "Sure, but why do you want to know?" 
"Well..." I sighed "from today onwards I'm the basketball team's manager..." against my will of course...!
"Oh, really?" he looked suprised "Well then I must let you know that you're late!" he smiled.
"You're one to talk... you are late yourself!" I countered. He chuckled "You got me...!" we walked a bit further until he stopped "The practice is in the gym." he pointed at the big door "You can go ahead, I still have to get dressed." and he went to the locker rooms. I headed to the gym door and stopped in front it. You can watch it on the weekends...! The weekends are free...! I took a deep breath and stepped inside the gym. They were all there - except for Jinhwan. They were doing warm-ups. Yunyeong was the first to notice me.
"Oh! Woori?" he asked suprised. Junhoe walked up to me "Is everything ok?" he questioned with a worried look.
"You would know if hadn't turned your phone off..." I say.
"Did something happen?" he looked even more worried now.
"Yeah something happened...!" I affirm angrily "I just became the team's manager..." I clicked my tongue. He looked at me wide eyed. By now everyone was interested in our conversation "Y-You what?" he asked in disbelief.
"I just became the team's manager." I reapeated, this time slower. At this he bursts out laughing "It's not funny Koo Junhoe! Don't laugh!" I exclaim smacking his arm.
"That was a funny joke...!" he says smiling "I'm not joking." I state seriously "Come on! We all know our Song Woori wouldn't lose an episode of her dramas even if her life depended on it!" he states.
"It was against my will...! That teacher is evil inside!" I exclaim "I don't even know what I'm supposed to do...!" I whine.
"First of all you should get to know the team." Junhoe says.
"I already know them." I state. He ignores my comment.
"Guys!" He calls out - even though everyone was looking already "Woori is our new manager!" he announces. Everyone looks at me and start gathering around us. At that moment Jinhwan arrives.
"Hanbin is our captain and Jinhwan is our vice-captain." he points at the two. Hanbin keeps a straight face and Jinhwan smiles and waves at me. They look like complete opposites... and for now I like Jinhwan best.
"We're going to start practice, if we need anything we'll call you!" Jinhwan smiled. I nodded my head and sat down on the bench. I thought it was going to be a hassle, but I actually don't need to do anything...? If I knew it was going to be like this I would've signed up earlier and stopped the annoying lectures...! I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes. I'm going to aks Junhoe if he wants to go eat somewhere after practice... and I fell asleep... 
Or so I wished. As my conscience was about to abandon the real world someone stopped it.
"Yah! Song Woori!" someone called. Tsk... what is it now...? I opened my eyes and came face to face with Kim Hanbin. His face was a bit too close. I moved to the side, trying to see if he would get the messege. I guess he did because he backed away. He had a straight face like always, it was kinda scary...
"D-Do you need something?" I asked with a forced smile.
"Go buy water bottles for the team." he ordered.
"What...?" I have to buy them water...?
"Are you deaf? I told you to go buy water bottles for the team." he repeated "Two for each." and he went back to practice. I looked at him wide eyed. Two for each?! But they're seven...!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second chapter is out! Hope you liked this chapter. Thank you for subscribing, it makes very happy! Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Bye bye!