The Story Of The Boy[2]

Paradise

Myungsoo P.OV

 

   I woke up. It's so bright in here. I look around. Hey, where is this?? I stand up. It's a white room, And I'm wearing white too. Wait, am I in heaven?? I die?? 

  Suddenly a hand grab my shoulder. I turned around. It was a man, wearing all black, completely different from me. ''You, Kim Myungsoo. Follow me.'' And he walk away. I followed him but I suddenly stop. ''What's the matter now?'' He ask, with an annoyed face.

  ''What's happening?Where am I?'' I ask him. He just stood there, face emotionless. ''You're dead, now you'll go to the judgement area whether you're going to hell or otherwise.''

            He explained and walk away again. I just follow him. And we arrive at a place, more like a garden. And there's like so many people there. I caught a hold of the man earlier's hand. ''What?!'' He turned around and make that annoyed face again.

        ''I plead you, please.. I want to take a look at my girlfriend, no! I want to go back to her.. Please!!'' I kneel infront of him. All the people's attention is now on me. He took a deep breath. ''Fine. If that's what you want. Follow me.'' He walk slowly and I followed him gladly. We walk through several garden. The first one was full of roses, second was full of daisies, third was planted with lavender. Ah, lavender, Ji Young's favourite flower.

     ''Here we are. Tell your stories, bla, bla, bla.. And wait for the answer..'' He said while opening the door and making a bored to death face.

       I went in. Man, there's a lot of candle in here. And all I could think about is Ji Young. Aish!! Stop it Myungsoo. You must plead for the sake of Jung Mi Na.

    ''Err,, well.. I ' m just asking if I can please just go back and check out the person that care for me the most, Mina and Ji young.. Please??'' I kneel there for a while. Pfftt! How stupid am I to believe that's there's actually someone WAS there. 

    I got up and I made my way back to the door. As I touch the large magestic, golden door knob, I heard a voice. ''Wait! Please!!'' I turned around to see a petite young girl. She was holding a golden envelope. ''Here..'' She said. Her voice sound like she's shy. I took it and I opened it.

 

Dear Kim Myungsoo,

      We are glad to annouce that your request to went back to earth are accepted. But, there are terms and conditions.

First. You are going back as SOUL. Which mean that NO ONE can see you. Second, you will be drop in the place of the one that CARED THE MOST about you. Third, You are only given 3 days. Lastly, You have to find ONE BIGGEST MISTAKE that you have done and report back to us. We hope you will not fail in your mission. Also, if you succeed after you report back to us, you'll have a chance of getting back a life. Another chance, but as someone else.

                                -The Council of the Living and the Dead-

 

  ''WHAT.THE.HECK? Hey, you...'' I look up and find the petite girl were gone. I thought for a while. Then I yelled ''HEY!! THANKS!!'' because I hope she's listening . And I walk out.

    I went out and found my guide already waiting. ''Hey, let's go back to earth.'' He said and he lead the way. ''Wait. Wha?? How did you know I'm going back?'' He smirked. ''Hell yeah, your story are all over the place. Your story is sooo sadistic.'' And he continue to walk. What the heck? Urrgh! Whatever!

   We walk and he took me to a garden full of random and pastel coloured flowers. It's so peaceful. He told me to lie down so I just followed. And soon, I'm asleep.

___________________________________________________________

        I woke up to the sound of bird chirping. Where am I?

      Is this, oh, Ji Young's place! I was wearing a black suit, opposite from what I'm wearing before.

       Guess I'll have to walk to Mina's place. I got up and went down the stairs. I was stopped at the sight of someone. Ji Young,  ah! My dongsaeng. She's hugging her knee on the floor.

       I walk to her. ''Hi! Ji Young ah!!'' But she stayed there. Oh, I forgot! I'm a ghost... whatever. I need to find Mi Na first. 

       Lucky Mi Na's house were just a few block down the hill. I was infront of her house. I took a deep breath and I went in. Once I went in, I heard the sound of her laughing. Ah~ I missed you so much and I'm so glad that she's not too depressed with my sudden death. But then I heard a man's voice. Maybe that's her sibling, I was trying to think of only the good things.

       I took  a step forward toward her living room. Then I saw her in the bedroom. As I took another step, I saw her, with another man. On the bed. DAMN!! They were making out!! WTF!! I stood there, dumbfounded. I took a step back, then I walk away. 

      I had nowhere to go. How could she do this to me. Yeah, I'm glad that she's not mourning over my death but this is just too much. She made out with another guy? And I died like, 2 days ago. I sat on the bench. Thinking bout all this. I took out the letter and read it again. Then I saw something. How could I not notice this before??

 

''You will be drop in the place of the ONE THAT CARED THE MOST about you'-

 

   Hmm,, I was dropped at Ji Young's house. Could it be.. Before I knew it I was making my way back to Ji Young's house.

   I arrive, panting from all the running. I creaked the door open and saw Ji Young sitting on a chair by the window. She turned around and for I moment I thought she saw me. Then I heard her mumbled, ''Just my imagination, nothing else.'' And she looked back out the window. I sat beside her and caught a glimpse of her face.

   She look like a mother cat whoose kitten were slaughtered in front of her own GodDamned eyes . Seriously, my death turned her from a cute happy kid, to this? A zombie?

     She stood and went to the kitchen, while I just sat there, dumbfounded. Did she cared so much for me? But I'm not even her boyfriend. If she cared for me as an oppa, why would she cry so much? And why is my girlfriend not even bothered by my death? There's only one way to find out all this. Her DIARY.

    I climbed the stairs and went to the attic. I know, she wrote all her diary entry here. Well, it's not weird, and she made this attic a pretty place too. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjSX7k_PW3oxUA2nFiSkC

 

I went over to the table and found some documents. I took a piece of paper and I read just the title. It says 'CONDOLENCE ON THE DEATH OF KIM MYUNGSOO' And I look at the adress. It's from the bank! ! Must be asking to settle my credit card. The letter ask someone to settle it for me. I found anouther letter tittled 'THANK YOU FOR YOU CONCERN AND COOPERATION' . Ji Young must've paid them for me.

   Under all those documents, I found her diary.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzpUXUR1IHvC8AMn_KHaP

  I chuckeled. Every belonging of hers is cute. This diary is from her sophomore years.  Every page start with a 'DEAR DIARY' . Typical, I guess.

  I sat down and flipped to a date, and I saw my name in it, so I read it.

 

Dear Diary,,

    Hmm,, I think I kinda like L oppa. Eventhough he threw food at me. Ahahahaha, Anyways, he apologized and he wanna be our guardian brother. Kekekeke,, gonna call him Myungsoo oppa! I hope he'll know my feeling someday..

                                                                                                                 -Youngie-

 

   What?! She liked me? I shuffle through the diary and found a page of last years first day of school.

 

Dear Diary,

   I'm sooooo sad. Eottoke? Myungsoo oppa is dating Mi Na. And when I asked Mina, she sound so happy! Hurm,, I 'm so sad.. :( .. I thought everyone knew that I like Myungsoo oppa. It's okay,,as long as he's happy, I'm happy, hurm? And I promised myself not to love other cause my heart is only for my oppa.

                                                                                                                 -Youngie-

 

       WTF?! She vowed herself not to love others, she must be crazy for me. I turned to the last page of her diary,

 

Dear diary,

          Myungsoo oppa, is gone. Completely gone. How am I ever gonna live? My only purpose of living is gone. At his funeral today, a lot of people came. He's such a good man. Everyone respect him. I waited for MiNa. But I told them to start the ceremony. It's not that I don't want to see Myungsoo oppa. I don't want him to wait. He'll go to heaven, right? So Itexted Mina, the answer was dissapointing. I watch the ceremony until it end. I put a white and yellow flower on his grave. It mean 'pure friendship'. Eventhough oppa doesn't know that I love him, but I hope we had a true friendship. Oppa, if you could here me, I begging you. Please hear me, I know that you cannot come back but I plead you to wait for me. Can you?

                                                                                                -Youngie-

 

    I went to her bedroom. I saw her phone on the table beside her bed. I check if she's anywhere nearby. She's downstairs so I took a look into her phone.

    I scrolled down to see 3 dozen of condolence message, mostly from our old schoolmate. All of them say the same thing,They're all sorry that Ji Young doesn't get to be loved by me. I felt so guilty.

  Then I saw a message on my funeral day between Ji Young and Mina. I opened it.

To: Mina

Yah, the ceremony is starting.Where are you?

and I scrolled down. I read the reply.

From: Mina

WTF?! Go On!! I don't wanna see that guy anymore. He's dead, he can't tell whether I came or not. Besides, he has you, right? <3 Mina!!

 

   I was shocked. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly put down her phone and stand away. She walk in slowly and she took her phone. She's dialling someone.

   ''Ah, Annyeong. This is Ms. Yoon. ''

  ''..............................................''

    ''Nae, I want to talk to Mr. Jung.''

    ''.........................................''

   ''Annyeong Mr Jung. Nae. I have bank in all the money for the bank debt of Kim Myungsoo. Nae.''

   Wait. WHAT?!! She's paying my debt??

     ''................................................''

    ''Oh, don't worry. I'm just a nobody trying to help someone. Nae. Bye.''

   And she hung up. The last sentence really saddened me. She lie down on her bed. And suddenly I heard sobbing fom her. Ji Young-ah.. Don't cry. I patted her head. Her soft silky hair is no more soft. Instead it's all tangled everywhere.

      Suddenly my heart ache. Is it because she's crying. I know I'm a fool for neglecting her, but Mi Na is the one I love. And I got to have Mi Na back.