Chapter 3: Meeting the Rowdy Brothers Part I (a.k.a. Dissecting GOT7)

A Black and White Winter Outing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: I am just writing this for fun...so please excuse the lengthy (define LENGTHY) descriptions and narration. :/ --- and this is another short chapter. :(

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

The troop was sniffling like a perfectly orchestrated chorus line due to the cold windy weather. It was colder than usual because of the snow. The ground was slippery, and the roofs of the houses had formed icicles. Nonetheless, the charity workers were enjoying their time.

Kang Joon and Youngji took turns in putting briquettes on Dong Wook's carrier. The elder man insisted on trying this new path at least once. He replaced Seho who just came back. They were waiting for their guests to arrive.

Youngji's head and eyes automatically looked at and followed a car that drove by. She was waiting for the rest of GOT7 to arrive. She wanted (was excited yet nervous) to meet her best friend's friends-slash-brothers. She was honest when she once mentioned to Jackson to placate his pride that she had watched every music video and episode of I♥GOT7 and REALGOT7. She had fun while watching them. She laughed hard and squealed when cheesy and silly lines and moves were featured. 

She knew Jaebum and Jinyoung before GOT7...but not to a personal degree though, no. She knew them as JJ Project. Well, she watched "Dream High" (she loves Kim Soo Hyun!), so definitely, she watched "Dream High 2," which made her like the duo. For rookies, they were pretty good actors, decent. 

She liked every member. Each one of them had their own charms. 

Jaebum had a bit of a temper but still tried to play along with the others. She soon learned that beneath his arrogant, overconfident acting in "Dream High 2" lies a shy (easily embarrassed) soul. 

Jinyoung, on the other hand, was the mother of the group and a bit of a pacifist. ("I kinda like this cutie," Seungyeon declared, not taking her eyes off the TV. "Brooding looks good on him. It suits him really well.") He also seemed to knew a lot of things and spoke sensibly. And he seemed to take acting like a duck onwater. He had the conventional good looks that actors had. 

Mark was also a pacifist yet sometimes mischievous or playful...which was expected (he grew up in the States) yet also unexpected (he's now living in a foreign country). Youngji learned that the eldest GOT7 member tended to become quite goofy when s' energy had already depleted. ("Oh my! This one's too good-looking!" There was no doubt that that one came from Seungyeon...again.) 

Yugyeom was like a giant baby. ("He reminds me of myself," Youngji once said, "ha.") At first, he looked quiet and mature-looking for his age, but underneath that was a very talkative boy. However, Bambam still looked like the maknae of the group. ("He's cute," Gyuri concluded, after watching two episodes of I♥GOT7). The Thai boy could be a Jackson prodigy for being variety-oriented, he got some of Jackson's 허세ness...though that is not a word.

Youngjae didn't seem like he was the last addition and had only six months to train. ("Wow! He sometimes laughs like our Youngji!) Youngjae could sing a ballad one minute and being his 4D self the next minute. 

And of course, there was Jackson. ("That one will definitely keep you on your toes." This was a comment from Goo Hara. "Really...no one will know what hit them when they meet this bae." "Did you just use the word 'bae'?" Seungyeon choked back a laugh. Gyuri actually snorted). Through all these comments, Youngji could only nod and agree quietly.

Among all of these gorgeous boys, of course she would have a preference(s?). She had noticed Mark's semi-quirkiness under his lanky frame and quiet demeanor. 

"He's a bit....uh, awkward, don't you think?" Gyuri once observed and mentioned while Youngji's unnies watched a few episodes with her in the dorm (...where her unnies only visited nowadays since they had their own place to live in). Seungyeon didn't want to agree; she wanted to defend one of her biases...the other one was none other than Jinyoung. Go figure. She didn't want to put Yugyeom in her list --- they were 9 years apart, for crying out loud! However, she sighed and admitted as much. 

Youngji saw Mark as someone who might just be cautious and conscious of his surroundings. Might was the keyword. He seemed to be the quiet type during broadcast, especially with other people around. But he got boisterous whenever they were only the ones do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter