Chapter 1: Black and White Cold Party

A Black and White Winter Outing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: The chapter was titled as such because briquettes are black and the snow is white. :)

Mainly, this was really focused on how their morning went..and there were only few (very few JackJi moments.....well, just saying). I adore kilig (giddy, goosebump-inducing, heart-fluttering, swoon-worthy) moments...but I'm not confident that I can do such a scenario. Sorry in advance. :(

Some, if not all, the italics will be thoughts and not spoken out loud.

Disclaimer: I just used the contents or scenarios of the 14th episode of "Roommate." However, there might be some scenarios, gestures, and lines that were twisted this way and that to fit what was on my mind. 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a blasted, cold morning with the heater on around the house. Everyone was still sleeping peacefully while the cold breeze outside made a faint whooshing sound.

In Room 4, Dong Wook woke up alone at around 5:20 a.m. and quickly went to Seho who was sleeping soundly in the second-floor living room with the other men. The men who were at home opted to have a sleepover in the living room. However, Joon Hyung slept in his room at around 10 p.m., having a separate Roommate filming with Ryohei as early as 7 in the morning. He badly needed full hours of sleep. Ryohei eventually fell asleep on the futon in the living room an hour or so after Joon Hyung left for their shared room. The Japanese man would be accompanying the white-haired man to their little historical excursion. Kang Joon, who was sleeping with a white blanket over him,  fell asleep right after Ryohei. Park Minwoo got home at around 12:30 a.m. due to his drama filming and saw Seho and Jackson still chatting albeit the youngest male was already looking sleepy. He went to his room to get some stuff before bidding farewell again and opted to sleep in his house because it was closer to his filming location. 

"Seho-yah, you and I need to go." Seho stirred in his sleep and squinted at Dong Wook. He grunted his reply. 

Both ate a quick breakfast that was already prepared the night before by Gookju, Sunny, and Nana before the two female idols went to their late schedules. 

The roommates washed up and drove to the location at 6:30 a.m. They had to be extra early because they had to prepare along with the crew. Really, they should be given extra income for this. 

Anyways, when everything was being set up, it was already 7:55 a.m. While they were on their way, they called a jajangmyun restaurant for a delivery to their location for the staff and crew. As the two men didn't have enough for breakfast, they joined the crew before preparing for their planned outing of delivering briquettes to the neighboring village. Bukjeong Village was the last shantytown in the city where old people lived and still used briquettes as a heating system. The Share House residents decided to help old residents of the neighborhood stock some heating material for the coming winter. And boy was the winter coming.

* * * * *

It was really cold outside, but not as cold inside the Share House, as Gookju and Youngji stirred from their sleep. They talked softly for a while about their schedules and what they'd be doing later that day. Gookju suddenly whisked her blanket and stood up to stretch. After a few seconds, Gookju declared, "That is my exercise for the day." Youngji giggled and said hoarsely, "That only took 40 seconds, Unnie!" 

After a few minutes of staring blankly and a bit sleepily at Gookju's resting form, the younger girl sat up and swept her hair gracefully before standing up. She was stunned as she finally noticed the falling white substance outside the window. Then she exclaimed that snow came. Gookju immediately got up the bed and joined Youngji peering out their huge window. Youngji squealed and laughed mutely while was hanging open and staring widely in awe. She excitedly went to her drawer to get her black tights to change into before going out the second-floor living room. There she found what (who) she was looking for. She went to Jackson who was sleeping soundly on the couch and shook him softly awake. Jackson groggily woke up and saw Youngji. He was a bit disoriented, so he quickly turned his head towards the direction where Youngji's finger was pointing. 

"What, what?" he croaked. Youngji was grinning like a child with twinkling eyes (not that Jackson could have seen that with a groggy mind) seeing her first snow and exclaimed, "Jackson, snow came!" 

"Who came?," Jackson muttered, clearing his throat in the process. Youngji chuckled and patted Jackson on his shoulder softly as she said, "Yes, Mr. Snow came."

Jackson tsked softly and lost interest; he arranged his blanket and grunted, "Still sleepy." Youngji was clearly disappointed and it showed on her face and voice. 

"Was that it?" 

As a reply to that, Jackson muttered softly (grumbled was more like it) with heavy eyelids closed already. After Youngji repeated her question, she turned around with twisted into a pouty grimace (frown) before walking back to her room.

Gookju saw what happened and chuckled to herself while shaking her head in amusement. She went down to prepare breakfast after going to Room 3. She saw that Jong Ok was already up and bustling around in the room to prepare for the day and no Sunny in sight (who probably got stuck on her hosting job on the radio). 

"Oh, you're awake, Unnie?" Jong Ok turned around from watching snow fall outside the window. "Yes, come on, let's go down and prepare breakfast," instructed the older woman, smiling and letting Gookju go down first. 

As Jong Ok changed clothes appropriate for the outing and grabbed her gloves before following Gookju, she found Youngji fuming silently as the latter watched Jackson still sleeping in the living room. Jong Ok touched the girl on the head and shoulder affectionately and whispered, "Breakfast will be ready soon, so wake Jackson and Kang Joon up, okay?" 

Youngji nodded an affirmation and smiled at Jong Ok before grimacing again while narrowing her eyes at Jackson. After she went back inside the room (because Jackson rained on her parade, so to speak), she sat on her bed and grabbed her cell phone. She immediately typed a message to Jackson to tell him that she was extremely disappointed that he dismissed her like that. But then, she stopped and angrily erased her message because honestly, who was she to feel so ignored and irritated? She took a big calming breath (more like three) and reminded herself that Jackson is a friend and she shouldn't be feeling so ignored. Well, not too much, she thought, trying to make reason. At present, in the living room, she clutched her Olaf stuffed toy contemplating whether to do it or not. In the end, she did it. 

"I said that SNOW CAME!" she exclaimed with a snarl after unceremoniously whisking Jackson's blanket away from his person. Jackson groggily moved around and looked up at a bit fuming Youngji. His brows were scrunched up, and he could not find it in himself to let it go. He was obviously irritated for being woken up like that, so he glared at Youngji before sitting up and mussing his too-short hair. "Aish....I'm up, I'm up." 

Youngji softened up after seeing Jackson looked really sleepy and seemed deprived of a much needed sleep, but only a little. She harrumphed and told him defeatedly, "Never mind then. I was just too excited to show you the first snow for us in Roommate. So, I'm sorry for waking you up and irritating you." 

Jackson looked up and really looked at Youngji through blurry eyes. He saw how disappointed and dejected the girl looked, and he felt his irritation melting away....albeit very slowly. He grasped the wrist nearest to him and tugged her softly to get her attention. Youngji's pout and scrunched eyebrows were still present as she turned her head toward Jackson's direction. She saw him smiling softly with her eyes still looking like tiny slits due to waking up. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter