two

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day when he woke up, he woke up with a headache. He was going back to sleep when he saw a glass of water and a couple paracetamol pills on his nightstand. He knew that his brother placed it since it had a note on the glass. After gulping down two of the paracetamol pills, he placed his head on the pillow. He noticed that even his clothes been changed. He wrapped his body with the blanket as he started to think about himself. He started to compare himself with his brother. Sunggyu was smaller, cuter and gentler than him but the older can get scary when he is mad. He always hate when everybody started to compare both of them, saying that Sunggyu would be a better mate. He noticed that everybody would go and ask for his help to ask his brother out. At first, he would help a couple people then he stopped when he noticed that nobody would come near him to ask him out. Then he started to exclude himself from the crowd, locking himself in his room and when he at school, he would spend his free time at the library.

 

During that time, he started to be friend with a senior, a year older than him. He would blush every time the senior would . Myungsoo did not want to be full of himself and think that the senior liked him but the senior would start to leave him hints that he possibly like Myungsoo. On the day that Myungsoo was going to confess at the senior, he saw the senior had his own brother pinned against the wall, making out. His body started to tremble out of rage but he could not do anything when he saw that the senior was staring at his brother like Sunggyu was his everything. Only he had somebody that would look at him like the senior would do at his brother. After that, he ignored everything the senior would do at him. He started to shut everybody out. He even applied for a private college without his parent’s knowledge. On the day that he got accepted to the private school, he broke the news to his parents and begged to let him to go. Thankfully, his parents allowed him and he was shipped off for eight years of his life to spend at the school and another three years to gain his experience working. After then, the rest was history.

 

He learned to not show his real emotion since it would be his weakness. After getting back from the private college, he found out that the senior, Woohyun got married with his brother and they did not even bothered to invite him. Then he learned that it was the best for him to be bitter and show that he does not care. He did not show up at their fifth anniversary party and did not give any reaction when his brother started to ask the reason why he was not there. Myungsoo would throw himself into work just to ignore his family. He wanted to move out but his brother been backed up with his husband and parents forbid him. He could not understand why now they want to be friendly with him. They did not even bothered to visit nor call him during the eight years. He did not went back during breaks, decided that he needs to work for his own money and started to work at a rundown diner. There, he knew that there are still people who care about him.

 

His daydream was cut short by the knocks on his door. Knowing that the person would still barge in, Myungsoo closed his eyes and pull the blanket over his head. He still in his self loathing session and does not want to be disturb. He felt little hands are pulling his blanket and mentally groaned. “Uncle Soo” he heard his nephew called him yet he still act like he is still sleeping. “Wake up” he heard the young child whined for his attention. He could not understand why this young child wants to be with him. The boy should avoid himself from him. He keep on acting like he is sleeping until he heard another voice, more matured. “Nam Joo Hyuk” the older male called his child. “What are you doing here?” Myungsoo recognized the person was his brother. Myungsoo shut his eyes tighter as he tried to block away his brother’s and his son’s voices.

 

The next thing, he heard the door been closed again. His brother probably dragged his son away from him. He nearly let out a sigh when he was sure that he was finally alone again but the dip of the mattress stopped him. He felt a small body was climbing over him. “Uncle Soo” he heard the boy called him again as the blanket has been clawed away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter