Contradiction

Never Have I Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: Please tell me if it's boring, it's my first fanfiction so I don't know about this... PLUS I EDITED EVERY CHAPTER INCLUDING THIS ONE, I WILL PROMISE TO UPLOAD MORE FREQUENTLY. I'M SORRY TO THOSE WHO WAITED.)

 

 

“Thanks I guess…” Junhoe says in a rather ungrateful manner at his door. “You sure you don’t want me to walk you home?”

 

“I’m sure you know that it’s less than a minute away,” Areum sighed. How did she never notice? Was she that non-observant?

 

He scoffed, “Yeah I knew it like ages ago.” 

 

She only nodded not bothered to rip his hair out or even retort. She was tired. 

 

“Okay goodnight June,” she mumbled and yawned. 

 

“June?” his almighty smirk flashed across his cheeks. “I like that Areumi.” 

 

She clicked her tongue in annoyance, “Junhoe, Junhoe!” 

 

He chuckled and scratched his head, “Well goodnight, you should get some rest.” 

 

***

 

Should she knock? Why would she? It’s her own bedroom. He barged into it himself without permission. 

 

She turned the doorknob only to find it locked. “Yah oppa!” 

 

Is he going to lock her out of her own room? She was so telling his mom on him. 

 

“This is my room. Song Mino get out.” She knocked on the door. Is he asleep?

 

This is perfect. Sofa it is. 

 

Areum scoffed bitterly to herself just as she was about to give up but the door opened. “I’m sorry.” 

 

She had always thought he had a beautiful voice. It was deep yet soothing and it was the voice that had been calling her names as far back as she could remember. 

 

“I shouldn’t have reacted that way. You know me. When I get angry I just lose it sometimes.” 

 

“Why were you so angry?” 

 

Tell me Mino. 

 

He opened his mouth but he just left it hanging. She was about to ask again but he answered.

 

 “I hate to see you broken, that’s why.” 

 

“That’s all?” 

 

“Yeah,” he said and pulled her into a hug. “And…”

 

“And…?”

 

“I’m pretty damn hungry right now. Aren’t you?” 

 

*** 

 

“Yah.” 

 

Areum looked up from her phone and at Mino’s concerned face, “Yes?” 

 

“Eat,” he urged pointing at the samyeopsal and other dishes spread over the table. 

 

She nodded and obliged even though she had no appetite. She didn’t even want to go out and eat upon hearing that one of his friends would be there. 

 

“Here,” Taehyun called and for the first time that night she gave him glance. He was about to feed her a lettuce wrap when Mino snatched it. “Hyung!” 

 

He glared at Mino in disdain but Mino smirked, “She doesn’t like perilla leaves.” 

 

“I could just take it out,” Taehyun sighed and started making another one. 

 

“Too late,” Mino taunted and handed me his one to which Taehyun rolled his eyes. 

 

“You’re not even giving me a chance with her,” he mumbled under his breath. 

 

“Oh you caught me,” he jeered shamelessly, “I’m showing her to Zico hyung on my birthday.” 

 

Zico hyung. She heard Mino call this person a few too many times on the phone. To be honest, he just sounded like trouble. They seemed close but she still dreaded going to Mino’s birthday party. 

 

“Are you sure?” Taehyun asked suddenly sounding serious. 

 

The atmosphere between the two was now strangely sombre. All Mino did was give a small nod and Taehyun shook his head in dissatisfaction before gulping down his soju. 

 

“Good luck with that,” he remarked sincerely and gave Areum a pitied look. 

 

“What?” she asked looking between the two. 

 

She wanted to know what Mino was hiding from her. 

 

“Are you keeping a secret from me?” she asked suddenly feeling agitated.

 

“That’s up to Zico hyung.” He acted like nothing special was going to happen. 

 

“You’re seriously going to ruin my chance with dating Areum?” Taehyun asked once again looking hopefully into Mino’s eyes. 

 

Mino smirked and threw a handful of lettuce at him, “ off.”

 

She wanted to ask again but she knew it was no use. He wouldn’t tell her especially with Taehyun consistent bickering. Seems like her best friend’s birthday would be a rather interesting day. 

 

*** 

 

Areum didn’t stop teasing her best friend about Taehyun after they left the restaurant to go home quickly before it rained. “Oppa, you think Taehyun and I? He’s quite good looking.” 

 

“You didn’t even spare him a glance until he tried to feed you,” he scoffed jokingly. 

 

She shrugged. “I was playing hard to get.” 

 

“No,” he hollered and scrunched up his face after some thought, “No, you can’t possibly be interested in him. Taehyun though!”

 

“Why?” Areum asked feeling exasperated now. 

 

He scoffed and re-adjusted his snapback, “You have really bad taste.” 

 

Areum chuckled at his reaction, “Talking about yourself?” 

 

“I’m different,” he snapped and started walking faster. Couldn’t he tell that she was just joking? 

 

“Oppa, wait up!” she called and ran up beside him to see his eyes staring hard at the ground as he walked. 

 

The silence remained until she got to her apartment complex. 

 

“It’s late, you should be tired,” he sighed and shoved his hands in his pocket. 

 

“Are you still upset?” she asked nearing him. It was dark so she couldn’t see his face clearly but he sighed again indicating his dejection. 

 

“I hate you,” he mumbled. 

 

“I was joking, I don’t like Nam Taehyun,” she reassured her best friend but he showed no change in emotion. 

 

Instead he turned around staring into the darkness. 

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing,” he whispered but then turned around again, “actually get inside, quick.” 

 

“Why?” she asked suddenly feeling nervous from the sense of panic he was trying to hide. 

 

He sighed in frustration but then tried to remain calm and ruffled her hair, “Goodnight.” 

 

His voice sounded unstable despite his efforts b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter